Pages:
Author

Topic: Hash Auger 2.9.7.5 Mining Manager and Switcher for NVIDIA GPUs - page 7. (Read 8748 times)

Activity: 481
Merit: 0
Hash Auger 2.5.1 has been released to update EWBF to version .6 and improve support for the Equihash96 port on Zergpool. The number of pool communication errors that are allowed before the software temporarily stops mining on a pool is now user-adjustable.  The full list of changes:

• Upgraded EWBF to .6 (faster hash rates)
  • Improved support for Equihash96 port on Zergpool
  • The number of allowed communication errors is now adjustable per pool. The default value is two times the number of installed GPUs.
  • Reversed the display order of API Key and API ID fields for NiceHash to reflect how they appear on the NiceHash website.

Visit https://hashauger.com/download.html to update to the latest release.
There is a new wiki article describing the various Hash Auger configuration settings that can be used to automatically restart a rig if one or more GPUs become unresponsive or generate too many errors. The article also describes the various levels of monitoring that the software uses to detect and respond to miner crashes, pool connectivity issues and other errors. 

http://hashauger.wikidot.com/managing-uptime
Thanks for the detailed response.
I Downloaded the update from 2.4.1 to the latest, however in the error tab, it states 'Failed to extract miner package file' for 6 x miners. Cool, yes, ccminer spmodgit etc.

I have restarted the miner twice, system restart and installed the latest version again, but still the same error.

Those are all miner programs archived in the .7z format.  That issue has happened to several other users and depends on the install folder and your Windows config.  Some OS configs do not give the 7Z extractor the disk permissions required to extract the miner files to some locations.  This happened to one user who was trying to run the software form a folder on the Desktop. A few other users had to move the software from the default install location in the AppData folder to a different directory  on their hard drive.

The easiest way to move the software would be to use the HA installer to install the software  in a new location of your choosing. As long as the gpu*.* and config.* file’s demain in the Hash Auger folder in the /AppData directory, it will use your current config and benchmarks.

I have tried to install in another folder, but still the same problem. Its installed in the default location with a shortcut on the desktop.
Also, when the software is started, everytime it takes about 4 minutes to initialize and then open and about another minute, while all the miners download in the download tab. I installed it on a second miner and about the same time to initialize and download. I just thought that this was how long it takes, with the same error trying to extract the miners.
Downloaded and installed on the third miner, and it initialize within seconds and is ready to start and extracts all the miners.
The only thing different is the first two were initially installed with version 2.4.1 and updated, whilst the last miner was 2.4.5.
Any ideas?

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble with the file extraction of some miners.  Considering those miners you are having trouble with are all archived in the 7zip format and the rest of the miners are .zip files, it still seems likely that the issue is with the 7zip utility. As I mentioned before, a few other users have had similar issues in the past but those were resolved by changing the Hash Auger install location. A log file (named like 7z_CoolMiner.txt) is saved to the Logs folder if miner cannot be extracted, but unfortunately, 7zip does not provide a lot of specific information that can be used to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Nothing in the 7Zip extraction process has changed from 2.4.1 to the latest releases, so I am not sure why the initial install worked on but is now failing on those two rigs unless something outside the software was changed.

One workaround would be to copy your Miners folder from one rig to the others to bypass the download process because Hash Auger checks to see if a miner executable exists before it tries to download it.

As for the load times, the Hash Auger installer runs a .Net pre-compile process that normally speeds up the first launch of the application. That the two upgraded instances are taking longer than normal to start, leads me to believe that the pre-compile process either did not run or failed for some reason.  Aside from the slow initial load time, that would not affect use of the software. However, you might want to verify that those rigs have the latest version of .Net (4.7.2) installed.
Activity: 27
I Downloaded the update from 2.4.1 to the latest, however in the error tab, it states 'Failed to extract miner package file' for 6 x miners. Cool, yes, ccminer spmodgit etc.

I have restarted the miner twice, system restart and installed the latest version again, but still the same error.

Those are all miner programs archived in the .7z format.  That issue has happened to several other users and depends on the install folder and your Windows config.  Some OS configs do not give the 7Z extractor the disk permissions required to extract the miner files to some locations.  This happened to one user who was trying to run the software form a folder on the Desktop. A few other users had to move the software from the default install location in the AppData folder to a different directory  on their hard drive.

The easiest way to move the software would be to use the HA installer to install the software  in a new location of your choosing. As long as the gpu*.* and config.* file’s demain in the Hash Auger folder in the /AppData directory, it will use your current config and benchmarks.

I have tried to install in another folder, but still the same problem. Its installed in the default location with a shortcut on the desktop.
Also, when the software is started, everytime it takes about 4 minutes to initialize and then open and about another minute, while all the miners download in the download tab. I installed it on a second miner and about the same time to initialize and download. I just thought that this was how long it takes, with the same error trying to extract the miners.
Downloaded and installed on the third miner, and it initialize within seconds and is ready to start and extracts all the miners.
The only thing different is the first two were initially installed with version 2.4.1 and updated, whilst the last miner was 2.4.5.
Any ideas?
Hash Auger 2.5.0 has been released with a an enhanced version of GPU Monitoring that collects data directly from the Nvidia API instead of relying of 3rd party software for better performance and reliability. It also includes support for the latest releases of CryptoDredge and Z-Enemy miners.

• Updated CryptoDredge to 9.2 (faster allium and phi2 hash rates for many GPUs)
  • Updated Z-Enemy to 1.21a (performance improvements)
  • Rewrote GPU Monitoring to access Nvidia's NVML API directly without the need to use an external application for better performance and reliability.
  • Improved detection of GPUs that are "lost" to the display driver.  When Hash Auger is configured to reboot on device errors, HA will restart the rig if a GPU is no longer accessible on the bus.
  • Fixed an issue where clearing benchmarks for a GPU might trigger mining with other GPUs.
  • Fixed an issue where CPU affinity was not being set when CryptoDredge processes.

Visit https://hashauger.com/download.html to get this latest release.
A new wiki article has been published on how to setup Hash Auger to mine on NiceHash:  http://hashauger.wikidot.com/setting-up-nicehash
Hash Auger 2.4.6 has been released with the following changes:

• Updated T-Rex to 6.10 (performance improvements and big fixes, T-Rex 6.7 - 6.9 were test releases only).
  • Updated Z-Enemy to 1.21 (performance improvements and bug fixes).
  • Realtime hash rates and stats are now shown for Klaust and Yescrypt miners.
  • Fixed issues related to auto-benchmarking updated miners not working in some situations.
  • Improvements to the Watchdog monitor to handle more situations where the software may be unresponsive.
  • Added Bitcoin-Gold to the coins that do not auto-exchange on Miningpoolhub.
  • Misc bug fixes and UI performance improvements.

HA, I have a few questions,
For the new updates, do we have to install the latest and then set everything up again with wallets and settings etc and then benchmark, or is there an easier way to update to the latest.
I have selected to use the eth pill, is there a way to see if it is running or which algo's its being applied to, or does it run for all of them.
Also, sometimes in the earnings, i see it raise quite suddenly over a period of a few hours, but then drop down again, but not a payout.

Like the fact that it mines the alg based upon profit.

Thanks for trying the software. Unlike some other programs, the updates do not overwrite your config settings or benchmarks - just the program files. You can just install the update, restart the software and continue mining. There is a config option that can automatically re-benchmark any changed miner(s) to reflect any speed improvements if the update contains upgraded mining programs.  Otherwise, installing an update only takes a minute or two.

The EthPill is currently only used when mining Ethash. I have not seen any conclusive proof that it makes other algorithms hash faster, especially with heavily optimized miners such as Cryptodredge, T-Rex and Z-Enemy. But if you know of other algorithms and miners that run better with the EthPill, I can test them to see if it should be loaded for those too.

The Earnings charts are based on the wallet balances provided by each pool. If the option to include unsold coins in balances is enabled, the charts may show drops caused by decreases in values for coins that are on an exchange and also occasional orphan coins that are were previously credited to your wallet but then cancelled by the pool.

With altcoins and crypto being in a bear market, it is nice to have the option of switching based on profit rather than revenue to help keep costs down.
HA, I have a few questions,
For the new updates, do we have to install the latest and then set everything up again with wallets and settings etc and then benchmark, or is there an easier way to update to the latest.
I have selected to use the eth pill, is there a way to see if it is running or which algo's its being applied to, or does it run for all of them.
Also, sometimes in the earnings, i see it raise quite suddenly over a period of a few hours, but then drop down again, but not a payout.

Like the fact that it mines the alg based upon profit.
Hash Auger 2.4.4 has been released with the following changes and improvements:

• Increased the inactivity monitoring period for all mining programs to better accomodate increased difficulty for some algorithms and pools. This helps reduce unnecessary miner restarts in those situations.
  • Adjusted the maximum number of pool connection failures allowed for CryptoDredge to reflect its shorter than average retry delay.
  • T-Rex hash rates and share counts are now shown in the miner panels.
  • Improvements to GPU logging. In standard logging mode, log information is written to disk every 5 minutes for most miners. With Debug Logging, it is written to disk every minute.
  • Fixes an issue where GPU Monitoring might be started even though it has been disabled in the Config settings.
a good software, I liked it, reokmenduyu Grin

Thanks for trying the software and your feedback!
Hash AUger 2.4.3 has been released with the following changes and improvements:

• Per Nicehash request, Hash Auger no longer attempts to download Excavator on behalf of users.  New users can manually install Excavator 1.4.4 if they would like to use that mining program with Hash Auger. Instructions are available on the FAQ page. https://hashauger.com/faq.html#Excavator
  • Upgraded Ethminer to 16
  • Upgraded CoolMiner to 1.6
  • Expanded the WatchDog utility to check for situations where Hash Auger may not be responsive but still in the process tree.
  • Modified the Quick Setup program so that new users can select the two pools that they would like to begin with and that popular features are enabled by default
  • Misc bug fixes
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
a good software, I liked it, reokmenduyu Grin
Hello,

I am using ur software however I get an error "warning: no coins meet your guidelines check price spike etc"

I dont have any price checks in place, i am unsure why  i keep getting this message?

I uninstalled and reinstalled, it comes up even during benchmark

That message is to be expected when you first install the software since the price estimates are based on both pool data and the hash rates recorded during benchmarking. If you are still getting the error message after benchmarking, then it means that the software could not communicate with whichever pool(s) you have enabled.  In that case, I would suggest enabling a different pool to see if price estimates are calculated for that pool.
Activity: 77
Merit: 6
Hello,

I am using ur software however I get an error "warning: no coins meet your guidelines check price spike etc"

I dont have any price checks in place, i am unsure why  i keep getting this message?

I uninstalled and reinstalled, it comes up even during benchmark
Hash Auger 2.4.2 has been released to add support for the latest version of T-Rex miner (.6.6) - which improves hash rates when mining the new BCD algorithm.  This latest release of T-Rex also adds some new features that allow for better integration with Hash Auger. Finally, this version of Hash Auger fixes an issue where auto-benchmarking new miners may not always start as intended.

Users who do not regularly install Windows updates should note that this version of Hash Auger now requires .Net Framework 4.7.2 instead of 4.7.1.  This version of .Net was released in April, 2018, so anyone who regularly installs OS updates should already have it. Those that do not will need to do a manual install of the .Net framework (there is a link to the downloader on the HA downloads page).

Full list of changes:

• Upgraded T-Rex to .6.6 (faster BCD hash rates)
  • Added support for shutting down T-Rex via the API
  • Disabled T-Rex's Telnet API server since Hash Auger does not use it and it will be removed from T-Rex in an upcoming release.
  • Fixed an issue where auto-benchmarking updated miners may not start as intended.

To download, please visit:  https://hashauger.com/download.html
A new wiki article has been published to describe the various settings that can be used to customize algorithm switching using Hash Auger. Topics covered include: Pool Refresh Rate, Minimum Switch %, pool performance adjustments,  automatic benchmark revisions, price basis and mixed pricing, estimate averaging, price adjustment percents, building larger shares, including ports without active miners or recent work, excluding low and high volume ports, Minimum Earnings Amount, Price Spike Limit, switching based on profits instead of revenue and more.

http://hashauger.wikidot.com/customize-algorithm-switching
Hash Auger 2.4.1 has been released to include support for the latest versions of T-Rex 6.5 and Z-Enemy 1.20. In addition to performance improvements, both of these releases add support for the new bcd algorithm used by BitcoinDiamond. If you are interested in mining this coin, it is currently offered by Icemining.ca (listed in the pools that do not auto-exchange in Hash Auger). You will of course need to create a BitcoinDiamond wallet in order to receive any earnings and at the time of writing, the pool's bcd port appears to be overloaded.

Full list of changes:
  • Upgraded T-Rex to 6.5
  • Upgraded Z-Enemy to 1.20
  • Fixed an issue where pool data may not load when a pool does not provide a valid TimeSinceLast value for one or more coins.
  • Fixed an issue where the OC Settings for individual benchmarks would not enable if the preferred miner was changed.

Pages:
Jump to: