Pages:
Author

Topic: HASHRA - LUNAR SERIES - ASIC SCRYPT MINERS - page 27. (Read 61683 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Finally got my unit today.  

501 watts on an EVGA gold PSU.  

It is indeed hashing over 14mh/s, but I can't achieve that poolside.

What diff setting are you guys using?

Will lowering the clock speed reduce HW errors?  Mine is about 6% HW errors after a half an hour.
dont you think 2 oced gridseed blades will do the same rate with less power and h/w errors for the same price.  Huh

hmmm...

what do they advertise the OC blades at?

good question..

I have five blades running standard speed and they're hashing at 28 mhs - 400 watts...

the best price you an find now is on minereu.com

you'd have to do the math power consumption wise . my elec is 12.6 per kilowatt hour

its better if we can get unmodded ones and mod it ourselves. it can easily achieve 6.5~MH/s by replacing the 33k resistor with slightly higher one and 7 MHz+ with a higher resistor and proper cooling.
power consumption 150W~ at 6.5MHz

so it's almost doubles power consumption for an 15% increase in hashing speed.  think it's worth it?
stock blade needs 120~W from wall right ? so there is no much difference.
also still better than HASHRA miners

the stock Blade uses 64 - 70 watts per panel so two panels = 140 watts.

multiple that times 5 and you've got 700 watts for 28 MH.

the most efficient unit out there is the A2mini from MinerEU at 250W

check the image 100w~ per miner (two plugged in
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Will lowering the clock speed reduce HW errors?  Mine is about 6% HW errors after a half an hour.
dont you think 2 oced gridseed blades will do the same rate with less power and h/w errors for the same price.  Huh

hmmm...

good question..

I have five blades running standard speed and they're hashing at 28 mhs - 400 watts...

you'd have to do the math power consumption wise . my elec is 12.6 per kilowatt hour

its better if we can get unmodded ones and mod it ourselves. it can easily achieve 6.5~MH/s by replacing the 33k resistor with slightly higher one and 7 MHz+ with a higher resistor and proper cooling.

so it's almost doubles power consumption for an 15% increase in hashing speed.  think it's worth it?

Blades don't use anywhere near that much power despite what they say on the website and the box. They pull about 90ish watts from the wall (total, for both panels).  On a per Mh/s basis, they use about twice as much as the A2 machines, and half as much as the Zeus machines.  
Really the Hashra machines are not impressive at all.  They use a ridiculous amount of power, and who knows when you will actually get them.  They are a bit cheaper though so there is that.  Even so though, here in the USA you can't even run one on a standard household AC circuit.  Which means you have to host them, which means they aren't actually cheaper.  
Activity: 341
anyone get hit with taxes and what did hashra declare the value as ?
Activity: 266
Don't forget LIGHTNINGASIC 28nm Scrypt Blade 30MH/S @ 260W

OMG those guys are a nightmare - there are people who ordered over a month ago from those guys, were promised 5 day delivery and still don't have their units - it's why I bought Hashra
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
'All that glitters is not gold'
Don't forget LIGHTNINGASIC 28nm Scrypt Blade 30MH/S @ 260W

hmmm...

good question..

Activity: 816
The newsletter from May 30th says it needs a 500 watt psu.  That'd be fine if the unit only used 400 watts.

hmmm...

good question..

When I bought my miner it was advertised as 12mh+ at 350 watts +/- 10%

Simon sent out a newsletter indicatig changes in hash speeds and power consumption etc...

I have it saved it you want a copy
Activity: 816

hmmm...

good question..

When I bought my miner it was advertised as 12mh+ at 350 watts +/- 10%

hmmm...

good question..

hmmm...

good question..

hmmm...

good question..

hmmm...

good question..

Will lowering the clock speed reduce HW errors?  Mine is about 6% HW errors after a half an hour.
dont you think 2 oced gridseed blades will do the same rate with less power and h/w errors for the same price.  Huh
Activity: 252
I guess all these miner are, are just good looking boxes of crap that wasted a lot of peoples money. Shame, saw some potential of a potentially game-changing company and miner. My heart goes out to all the people who bough early and got thrown under the bus.

Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy
I guess all these miner are, are just good looking boxes of crap that wasted a lot of peoples money. Shame, saw some potential of a potentially game-changing company and miner. My heart goes out to all the people who bough early and got thrown under the bus.

legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

Will lowering the clock speed reduce HW errors?  Mine is about 6% HW errors after a half an hour.

I get about 2-3% rejects and 8-10%HW errors. Sometimes the rejects will go up to 10% as well but resetting the miner seems to fix it ok.
I find the controla reported hash wildly in accurate btw. I've had it reporting 3.5Mhs before for about 5 hours while my pool said it was averaging 13 or so.

Has anyone else had trouble with coinotron btw? I can't hash higher than 5Mhs there, wondering if it's to do with the difficulty setting of the shares they allocate etc.

The HW errors are normal for these chips btw. ASICS are inherently less stable then GPU's when scrypt mining.

Oh ok, wasn't aware of that. My only experience with ASICs was with gridseeds, which had very few HW errors in my case. I'll stop bothering to try and reduce them then.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

I get about 2-3% rejects and 8-10%HW errors. Sometimes the rejects will go up to 10% as well but resetting the miner seems to fix it ok.
I find the controla reported hash wildly in accurate btw. I've had it reporting 3.5Mhs before for about 5 hours while my pool said it was averaging 13 or so.

Has anyone else had trouble with coinotron btw? I can't hash higher than 5Mhs there, wondering if it's to do with the difficulty setting of the shares they allocate etc.

The HW errors are normal for these chips btw. ASICS are inherently less stable then GPU's when scrypt mining.
Activity: 252
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

Pages:
Jump to: