Pages:
Author

Topic: HASHRA - LUNAR SERIES - ASIC SCRYPT MINERS - page 24. (Read 61683 times)

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000
If you had 2000 accepted and 200 hardware errors, that means 10% of your hashrate is totally wasted.  That's not good.  Your 14mh/s miner is effectively a 12.6mh/s miner.
Activity: 826
'All that glitters is not gold'
Sorry, my fault, my PSU has 6+2 pin cables, and I used all 8 of them.
Now I use 2 cables with only 6 pin and the ASIC it is started.
Thank you very much for your help !

you know - I hate to read instructions myself: LOL - but the instructions that come with the unit specificically tell you not to plug in all 8 pins...

glad you got it sorted out.

Smiley

I didn't received any manual or any paper with instructions..
May they are posted on the Internet and I missed these.
My fault !  Grin
Anyway I know from the Hashra's support that the top diff for my LLW1 is 800.
I mine on wemineltc.com and on this pool you can setup the diff.
I setup the diff for my worker between 700-800 and I have 0 rejected, and only few HW errors.
BTW, I did the upgrade to my CONTROLA, nothing bad happened.

I must agree, if you don't have a cooled space, it is impossible to run several ASICs.
The SUMMER is comming !

What's your hw error % on stock speed (330)?

I'm curious because I've gone all the way down to 281 and still have between 5% and 6% errors.

I don't know in percent but there was couple thousands  accepted and only ~200 HW errors, 0 Rejected.
It seems I can mine only 1.3 LTC per day with this configuration...
The chance of ROI is far, far away....
I have to leave to work soon, but my napkin math guess is somewhere around 350 watts.  I'll try to mess with it tomorrow and post results again.

Can't really use napkin math for this because gridseed blade power use isn't even close to linear for overclocking.  I assume the Hashra chips are the same way and they are shipped to us already in that outside of efficiency power band state.

So the lowest clock speed is 250, at which the miner pulls 398 watts at the wall.  ~11.1 mh/s.  Voltage obviously needs to be adjusted for this miner to really be efficient.

Unfortunately there's still ~6% HW errors so I can't justify running it at a lower clock speed.

you know - I hate to read instructions myself: LOL - but the instructions that come with the unit specificically tell you not to plug in all 8 pins...

Smiley

My fault !  Grin
I setup the diff for my worker between 700-800 and I have 0 rejected, and only few HW errors.

I must agree, if you don't have a cooled space, it is impossible to run several ASICs.
The SUMMER is comming !

What's your hw error % on stock speed (330)?

I'm curious because I've gone all the way down to 281 and still have between 5% and 6% errors.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
does anyone besides find find their Lander incredibly slow coming up to speed on the screen?

it seems like it often takes 10 to 15 minutes for the Controla screen to display information accurately.

some times it never seems to come up to speed and I have to 'restart' (not reboot)  it multiple times to get it to report hash rates properly - it's very annoying.
my bad - you are correct - nothing comes with the unit. I printed them from their support page when I got mine.

Smiley

Smiley

My fault !  Grin

The SUMMER is comming !

Smiley
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
great! Good luck with everything! Feel free to reach out with further questions you might have, I think its great if we can share out experiences and ideas here. If you update your controla please make a full reboot - I had to cut power to the Po to get working again....
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
you need to connect all 4 ports with the PCIE-6 pins and then use a paperclip or the switch from Hashra to "start" the psu. Usually there is a switch that Hashra delivers with the Miner that can be plugged into the PSUs respective port and can then be used to start the PSU but a clip will do as well... Give me a minute and I will send you more infos about the PSU "startup" process.

I did this before, but my PSU refuse to start.
Only in the combination described above, the PSU's fan it is spinning.
I need another PSU ?
And BTW, it is normal to have a red led on the Pi ?

If you have the 14Mhs version you need to attach the PSU to the TOP two power sockets. On the 14Mhs version the bottom power sockets are connected to nothing inside, that's why they won't work.
you bought the 14MH version?
you need to connect all 4 ports with the PCIE-6 pins and then use a paperclip or the switch from Hashra to "start" the psu. Usually there is a switch that Hashra delivers with the Miner that can be plugged into the PSUs respective port and can then be used to start the PSU but a clip will do as well... Give me a minute and I will send you more infos about the PSU "startup" process.

I did this before, but my PSU refuse to start.
Only in the combination described above, the PSU's fan it is spinning.
I need another PSU ?
And BTW, it is normal to have a red led on the Pi ?
I have a 750W PSU (CoolMaster G750M), and this should be enough for my LLW1.
My PSU seems to work, the PSU's fan is spinning, but the fan from the ASIC not.
I connected all cables, I don't understand why this is happen.
BTW, I connected only the last 2 PCI slots, If I use other combinations, the PSU don't work.

are the fans turning and you connected the USB ports of the device(s) with the PI? if yes do a reboot on the console and see what happens?
I used the charger for my smartphone.
Right now when I use the HASHRA CONTROLA, I receive this message:
cgminer: Started cgminer 3.1.1
    cgminer: All devices disabled, cannot mine!

What is wrong ?

that's not uncommon - sometimes it takes a few minutes for things to start synching...

I used the charger for my smartphone.
Right now when I use the HASHRA CONTROLA, I receive this message:
cgminer: Started cgminer 3.1.1
    cgminer: All devices disabled, cannot mine!

What is wrong ?
Hello !

My ASIC arrived today but I have the same problem with the power cable for the Pi, like jjj0923 described.
Unfortunately I don't have any PI to spare, what shall I do ?

do you have any android phones like a samsung etc.

the power plug is the same.

additonally - there's a compiled windows version of the software on their website you can download and run cgminer for hashra from your pc.

Hello !

My ASIC arrived today but I have the same problem with the power cable for the Pi, like jjj0923 described.
Unfortunately I don't have any PI to spare, what shall I do ?
Pages:
Jump to: