Pages:
Author

Topic: HASHRA - LUNAR SERIES - ASIC SCRYPT MINERS - page 26. (Read 61683 times)

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000
I have to leave to work soon, but my napkin math guess is somewhere around 350 watts.  I'll try to mess with it tomorrow and post results again.
legendary
Activity: 1260
At clock speed 291, LL hashes about 12.8mh/s, 444 watts, still 6% HW errors.

Also, < 1% rejects on clevermining.

I don't have a power meter, could you try at 10.4mh to see what the power use is compared to gridseed blades?  And are you using original firmware, or the upgraded one availabe?  I haven't upgraded myself yet because jjj0923 said there was some kind of problem with it.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100

6% HW errors =  800~kH/s waste
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
if it's making heat then it's mining....

what's in the syslog file?

can you tail it and post the results or the log file on the screen?

Here is a little more on the error (below).  Physically, it seems that once I get this error, the unit shuts down.  so the fans shut off, the PSU powers off, and I have to cycle everything to get it back up and running.

Jun 10 21:11:00 cgminer: Started cgminer 3.1.1

Jun 10 21:11:01 cgminer: Icarus Detect: Test failed at /dev/ttyUSB0: get 00000000, should: 00038d26

Jun 10 21:11:01 cgminer: All devices disabled, cannot mine!

Jun 10 21:11:01 kernel: [   80.162232] usb 1-1.2: USB disconnect, device number 4

Jun 10 21:11:01 kernel: [   80.162905] cp210x ttyUSB0: cp210x converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0

Jun 10 21:11:01 kernel: [   80.162985] cp210x 1-1.2:1.0: device disconnected
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
if it's making heat then it's mining....

what's in the syslog file?

can you tail it and post the results or the log file on the screen?
Activity: 816

I finally got my y Lunar Lander today and it isn't working. I tried with a laptop (downloaded the software), and with the RaspPi that is included (which I had to power with another cable because it wouldn't join the internet - thanks to the thread for heads up on that); and on both *AS SOON* as CGminer starts, the unit shuts down. I get this error in the log on the Pi:

Icarus Detect: Test failed at /dev/ttyUSB0: get 00000000, should: 00038d26

Not feeling great about this.

My PSU is rated platinum and at 1300W - pretty sure that's not the problem. I have each plug isolated, so I don't think that is the problem.  Since the error is USB related, I tried swapping out the USB cable - no dice.

I am open to suggestions.

well - don't use their power cable to power the pi - myself and other have had problems. In addition the ethernet cable they supplied did not work. In addition make sure you're nit plugging in the additional 2 wire plug from the pcie cable.

send a message to [email protected] - their tech guy is very responsive.

Thanks - I did take the forum's advice and used a different power cable for the Pi, so thanks for that.  I am using my own ethernet cable, and I can browse to the Controla interface.  And no, I am not plugging in the +2 on the PCI-E connections.  The thing powers up fine... makes lots of noise and even some heat... but then instantly shuts down once I ask to to do some mining...
I finally got my y Lunar Lander today and it isn't working. I tried with a laptop (downloaded the software), and with the RaspPi that is included (which I had to power with another cable because it wouldn't join the internet - thanks to the thread for heads up on that); and on both *AS SOON* as CGminer starts, the unit shuts down. I get this error in the log on the Pi:

My PSU is rated platinum and at 1300W - pretty sure that's not the problem. I have each plug isolated, so I don't think that is the problem.  Since the error is USB related, I tried swapping out the USB cable - no dice.

well - don't use their power cable to power the pi - myself and other have had problems. In addition the ethernet cable they supplied did not work. (at least for me and I got two units). In addition make sure you're not plugging in the additional 2 wire plug from the pcie cable into the back of the unit.

send a message to [email protected] - their tech guy is very responsive.

if you can sssh - tail the /var/log/syslog file (it's also displayed on the diagnostic area of the screen)
Don't forget LIGHTNINGASIC 28nm Scrypt Blade 30MH/S @ 260W

OMG those guys are a nightmare - there are people who ordered over a month ago from those guys, were promised 5 day delivery and still don't have their units - it's why I bought Hashra

thats a lie dude, i ordered from them and got my order in time, i have seen u post same shit everywhere but u never bought.
LA worked just fine for me

you can read all the complaints here. I was ready to order from them - they promised me 5 day delivery. I'm glad I did a little research because people waited for at least 3 weeks go thet their units - were promised money for lack of mining - never got the money either.

it's all here...

I really wanted one of their units but could not bring myself to order after I learned of their deceptive statements. I would have been fine if they had simply told me they're unable to deliver for a few weeks, but don;t tell me 5 day delivery knowing full well that you can't deliver - that is called a lie. I really tried to talk myself into it but the more I researched the more skeptical I got. I am sure that some of their most recent customers did get their units in the time frame promised, but I lost confidence in their statements and they were clearly shipping the A2's in the time frame promised but not the 30mh unit which is what I wanted.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7188265

My PSU is rated platinum and at 1300W - pretty sure that's not the problem. I have each plug isolated, so I don't think that is the problem.  Since the error is USB related, I tried swapping out the USB cable - no dice.

legendary
For power usage, I have a feeling that if you run 2 Hashra blades at the same speed as 2 Gridseed blades (10.4mhash instead of 14.4), that you would probably get similar power consumption.  The gridseed go exponential for power use with a bit of overclocking and these things are basically gridseeds with big heatsinks and fans.  Once the huge scrypt ASIC come out, you would just dial down the speed to stay competitive power wise and leave them plugged in while still being profitable.
Welp, I knew messing with ASIC dealers was like dealing with a used car salesman on steroids, and you can't trust any of them, but Hashra has sorted the problems I had, so I will delete the complaints I had.

Also, is it safe to upgrade to the new firmware or what?  jjj0923 said it was messed up for some reason.

well Simons  tech guy is on this thread so I will contact him and ask him to, but for right now I personally have no intentions of updating the firmware
legendary
Welp, I knew messing with ASIC dealers was like dealing with a used car salesman on steroids, and you can't trust any of them, but Hashra has sorted my problems, so I will delete the complaints I had.

Also, is it safe to upgrade to the new firmware or what?  jjj0923 said it was messed up for some reason.
They aren't the only ones selling the A2 machines, in any case.

yes you are absolutely correct gaw cells then also I know because I have one
Activity: 350
They aren't the only ones selling the A2 machines, in any case.
you know as well as I  it is not a lie I am driving right now but when I get a chance to sit down at the computer I will post a link to the thread that shows all of the complaints
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
Don't forget LIGHTNINGASIC 28nm Scrypt Blade 30MH/S @ 260W

OMG those guys are a nightmare - there are people who ordered over a month ago from those guys, were promised 5 day delivery and still don't have their units - it's why I bought Hashra

thats a lie dude, i ordered from them and got my order in time, i have seen u post same shit everywhere but u never bought.
LA worked just fine for me
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Finally got my unit today.  

501 watts on an EVGA gold PSU.  

It is indeed hashing over 14mh/s, but I can't achieve that poolside.

What diff setting are you guys using?

Will lowering the clock speed reduce HW errors?  Mine is about 6% HW errors after a half an hour.
dont you think 2 oced gridseed blades will do the same rate with less power and h/w errors for the same price.  Huh

hmmm...

what do they advertise the OC blades at?

good question..

I have five blades running standard speed and they're hashing at 28 mhs - 400 watts...

the best price you an find now is on minereu.com

you'd have to do the math power consumption wise . my elec is 12.6 per kilowatt hour

its better if we can get unmodded ones and mod it ourselves. it can easily achieve 6.5~MH/s by replacing the 33k resistor with slightly higher one and 7 MHz+ with a higher resistor and proper cooling.
power consumption 150W~ at 6.5MHz

so it's almost doubles power consumption for an 15% increase in hashing speed.  think it's worth it?
stock blade needs 120~W from wall right ? so there is no much difference.
also still better than HASHRA miners

the stock Blade uses 64 - 70 watts per panel so two panels = 140 watts.

multiple that times 5 and you've got 700 watts for 28 MH.

the most efficient unit out there is the A2mini from MinerEU at 250W

check the image 100w~ per miner (two plugged in

what speed do you have the chips set at?

wow - that's much less than advertised!
not mine
got from this post https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-shipped-gridseed-blades-x2-today-only-usa-only-647124
as you can see single unit is mining at 5.6MH/s (2.8X2)

Finally got my unit today.  

501 watts on an EVGA gold PSU.  

It is indeed hashing over 14mh/s, but I can't achieve that poolside.

What diff setting are you guys using?

Will lowering the clock speed reduce HW errors?  Mine is about 6% HW errors after a half an hour.
dont you think 2 oced gridseed blades will do the same rate with less power and h/w errors for the same price.  Huh

hmmm...

what do they advertise the OC blades at?

good question..

I have five blades running standard speed and they're hashing at 28 mhs - 400 watts...

the best price you an find now is on minereu.com

you'd have to do the math power consumption wise . my elec is 12.6 per kilowatt hour

its better if we can get unmodded ones and mod it ourselves. it can easily achieve 6.5~MH/s by replacing the 33k resistor with slightly higher one and 7 MHz+ with a higher resistor and proper cooling.
power consumption 150W~ at 6.5MHz

so it's almost doubles power consumption for an 15% increase in hashing speed.  think it's worth it?
stock blade needs 120~W from wall right ? so there is no much difference.
also still better than HASHRA miners

the stock Blade uses 64 - 70 watts per panel so two panels = 140 watts.

multiple that times 5 and you've got 700 watts for 28 MH.

the most efficient unit out there is the A2mini from MinerEU at 250W

check the image 100w~ per miner (two plugged in

what speed do you have the chips set at?

wow - that's much less than advertised!
anyone get hit with taxes and what did hashra declare the value as ?

not in the U.S...  Smiley

this is one of the benefits of our right to bear arms... LOL!
Pages:
Jump to: