Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost? - page 4. (Read 6405 times)

Activity: 237
Merit: 10
November 18, 2018, 06:13:20 PM
Fortunately, I never experienced getting scammed yet and hopefully don’t ever get to experience it.
It’s hard to say whether a project or a user account is genuine or not, that’s why I don’t usually join any project unless someone gives me a signal that the specific project is legit.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
November 18, 2018, 06:13:13 PM
Yes I have. This was around October of 2017 where in I participated in this so-called project's signature campaign. I had a strong feeling that there was something fishy about the project. But I went on working on the campaign which ran for two months because the manager was really entertaining. He even went in saying that the project may be a scam and that we are working at our own risk. Well in the end, it was actually a scam. Fortunately I did not cash in and all I lost was my time. Honestly, It was a fun way of learning to be vigilant in choosing and dealing with these projects.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 295
GOD is TRUE
November 18, 2018, 06:10:28 PM
Many and often I find there are accounts that try to fake participant data using their wallet addresses, but sometimes it can be handled by managers and disqualified but there are some who are not careful so that when our distribution does not get tokens because other people have claimed tokens, things like this we really have to pay attention because all of this concerns our work because if we let it continue then the losses that we will get.
Activity: 264
TEMCO
November 18, 2018, 06:04:49 PM
In the 21st century, it is very easy to get to the scammers especially in this area. But personally, I managed to get around them, because of my insight and ingenuity.
Activity: 785
Merit: 105
November 18, 2018, 04:30:19 PM
I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!
100% of those guys pm you in telegram or other social networks for the purpose of introducing ICO or airdrop they are scam.
Be careful not to click on any  link. And please report the scam right away.
Activity: 630
https://www.cd3d.app
November 18, 2018, 04:16:09 PM
there are various ways that scammers in ico do, one of which is to make fake telegram accounts as closely as possible to the admin, even I've seen on a project there are some investors sending their money to scammers and after investigating it turns out they are stuck with fake telegram accounts claiming admin, even though at that time they intended to buy lots of tokens
Activity: 406
November 18, 2018, 04:08:22 PM
Got scammed once, by investing in project that turned out to be complete scam and just went missing. It was around new year, wasn’t really some high amount of investment, but still... It was completely my fault because I was blindly trusting person behind the project...
Activity: 644
November 18, 2018, 03:47:45 PM
Yes, once, when I was just getting acquainted with the cryptocurrency world, I received an e-mail from myetherwallet asking me to enter my wallet because of an update. A few days later all the tokens from my wallet were stolen))
Activity: 267
November 18, 2018, 03:40:50 PM
I have been scammed on bounty programmes but not on ICos... I always take my time to know about ICo's before investing. I somehow just get to know when an ico is scam. This crypto space is filled with fraudsters and scammers, one has to be careful no matter how experienced you are, you can still fall
Activity: 770
Merit: 400
November 18, 2018, 03:14:51 PM
I, too, have been deceived more than once by participating in Bounty programs.
I believe that at the dawn of cryptography in a crypto community among the participants were more humane and trusting relationships. There was unity, there was a dream. But as soon as big money came to the blockchain, all this was left in the past. It is a pity. At first, the dream of financial success united people, and then began to divide.
Activity: 481
Merit: 102
November 18, 2018, 01:25:53 PM
Fortunately, I have never been scammed even almost. I always try to avoid such situation and I donít take place in not convincing projects at all. Even if I have a little doubt, it is not suitable for me and I am looking for another one. To be careful is very useful in crypto world.
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
November 12, 2018, 05:56:14 AM
Yes I was scammed once. I was a noob back then when I first started investing in ICO's. I received an e-mail from the ICO which I was whitelisted to and wanted to invest. In the email they wrote the ETH adress for contributions. I have contributed to that adress. And then I contacted the team saying that I didn't receive my tokens. Then it turned out that the email I got was scam.
Activity: 504
November 11, 2018, 03:38:09 PM
I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

When I was a newbie, I kept on joining airdrops since it is free. Then, I have joined one airdrop where there is link to MEW (phishing) then I lost most of my tokens. From then on, I have learned to book mark websites and avoid clicking links.
Activity: 504
Merit: 131
November 11, 2018, 03:36:27 PM

Got scammed before. Well one was basically a wrong data entry on Etherdelta so noone to blame but me but it was costly. The other was a bounty called qompass. It seems they exit scammed. Then there was a thread here on the forum about a planned airdrop. That was moved on to discord where later it was turned into a fake sale of Masternodes for the new project. It is really amazing how much time and effort some people put to cheat for relatively small amounts of money.

But the fact is, there is plenty who do not have any problem to engage that way or even see it as a kind of sport. So be careful before you send any money or crypto and think twice.
Activity: 346
Merit: 1
November 11, 2018, 03:11:00 PM
Everytime a fake looking account ask me for my portfolio so they can help me trade for mouth watering returns....
Activity: 378
Merit: 111
November 11, 2018, 02:12:19 PM
I have been scammed a plenty of times because i joined in a scam bounty projects and i am really mad about it, but i still spend a lot time in participating in bounty projects because i still believe that time will come that i will recieve a huge earnings from it.
Activity: 490
Merit: 136
November 11, 2018, 02:03:30 PM

The crypto market today is filled with fraudsters. Their schemes of deception change all the time. They come up with something new ... I am sure that caution in crypto is the path to success. We must pay special attention to safety and be very attentive.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
November 11, 2018, 01:58:05 PM
Good day! 2017 was a year of a lot of scam ICOs and I got scammed on 2 of them. It's just wise I invest small amounts only. After accumulating big amount from investors the site just disappeared. So I no longer invest on these hyip projects. I do a lot of research this time before investing.
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
November 11, 2018, 01:57:06 PM
I have never been cheated and hopefully fraud does not happen to me. indeed not a few people who want to get profits but in a negative way. and that is very worrying in the world of cryptocurrency. I myself work with hunting prizes in various ico campaigns. and there are some ico who don't give me rewards, and in my opinion it is fraud. maybe that's the only thing that makes me disappointed, already working but the ico manager gives no rewards. that's the only bad thing that happened to me.
copper member
Activity: 257
Merit: 2
November 11, 2018, 01:50:12 PM
By god's grace not till now and hope for the same in future. But once i have joined two scam projects, by mistake , for which i was also been red marked or issued negative trust in Bitcoin Forum.
Pages:
Jump to: