Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost? - page 7. (Read 6405 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 100
November 09, 2018, 08:33:09 AM
I have never been fooled into investing in an ICO. Because I do not participate much in the ICO. But I nearly lost my ETH wallet address by a fraudulent email. Fortunately I have found out.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
November 09, 2018, 08:16:55 AM
Safety first, you should always be careful. Fraudsters were, are and will be. They are very predictable and come up with new traps. Personally, I receive emails every day with links to phishing sites. I immediately send such a letter to spam.
Activity: 462
Merit: 23
November 09, 2018, 08:11:11 AM
Yes, one time I didn’t receive my airdrop coin on kucoin exchange, so I tried to contact Kucoin exchange telegram group, someone in the telegram group pretended to be kucoin admin, and contacted me there and said would help me, then he DM me said that my airdrop wallet address need to be activated. If I send small amount ether to an address that he give, then the airdrop coin wallet will be activate and is able to receive my coins. Lucky I wasn’t trust him and I reported also him to kucoin exchange, he was immediately be removed.
Activity: 134
Merit: 2
November 09, 2018, 07:37:49 AM
Last year i almost fall a victim to be scammed from fake projects the said if I invest I will get 40% discount I was about to deposit my money before I found out it’s not real.
Activity: 518
November 09, 2018, 07:32:11 AM
No I have not cheated not once , best not to communicate with strangers and also them something to translate if you need contact person it is better to just look it up and write , well, I was only afraid of phishing on mew!
Activity: 262
November 09, 2018, 07:00:01 AM
The only incidents with fraudsters I have is plagiarism. I wrote several articles on cryptocurrency and ICO, which many then tried to pass off as their own and make money from it. Scammers will always be there, just don't let them fool yourself.
Activity: 546
November 09, 2018, 02:41:48 AM
In the world of cryptocurrency, scammers may be one of the things that everyone is afraid of. And before doing anything, of course, you have to check it out because now scammers are also smart to cheat everyone. Be careful and don't easily trust others because they are not necessarily good people.
Activity: 518
Merit: 325
November 09, 2018, 02:34:27 AM
Scammers now so dodgy that it is difficult to imagine. I personally shy away from them by completely ignoring the messages of all unfamiliar contacts.
Activity: 270
November 08, 2018, 04:25:14 PM
I have participated massively in scammed projects this year and it pains me having lost all the precious time to invest in those icos.
Activity: 378
November 08, 2018, 04:20:34 PM
Scammers often write me offering to buy my rewards. They find telegram addresses in the bounty tables. High-quality ICO projects Now in the tables do not ask to specify the address of your telegrams, and hide the data at the address of your Ethereum wallet. This is the right decision

it was high time they concealed the data and offered those forms of acceptance which excluded fraud! I'm always sorry when managers pay tokens to those who have just stolen other people's content.
Activity: 406
Decentralized Digital Billboards
November 08, 2018, 11:10:26 AM
I think many people in this forum have been scammed in the past, this is a bad experience but it can make us having new knowledge about a scam. And it will help us in identifying the project in the future. You're right, we need to very careful in giving any pieces of information about our data to anyone.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
November 07, 2018, 01:56:47 PM
I have been scammed many times by many different people. A lot of these instances occurred during my early days here. I was not that knowledgeable about the various scams and ponzi schemes and lost quite a lot of money in them.
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
November 07, 2018, 01:55:21 PM
I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!
Yes i have been scammed mostly in ICO's today i was really mad that i always joined in scammed ICO's and sometimes i only get few rewards because they do not achieved the hardcap. Unlike last year, i always earned good rewards from the past ICO's that i have joined that is why i am hoping that ICO's will be great again.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
November 07, 2018, 10:31:35 AM
This is certainly not funny at all, but lately I have been exposed to a very large number of scam projects, which today in most cases are really similar to normal projects that have been on the market before.
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
November 07, 2018, 10:24:51 AM
Thanks God I had never faced the problem like that, maximum different frauds wrote me letters on my e-mail, but I think it happend to everyone.
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
November 07, 2018, 10:10:58 AM
Well, for me scammers are mostly make a tricks in bounty campaign like facebook, twitter they are commonly hide there selves by copying the links of other persons address to make sure they are legit participants. This is because i notice that some bounty campaign are computer generated of checking which cannot detect cheat participants.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
November 07, 2018, 10:03:49 AM
I have actually never been close to being scammed because scam is very obvious and "scammers" will eventually will do a Phish thing like if you invest this amount you get double, triple even. Don't fall for that stuff i'll assure you 95% of the people saying that wants to scam you.
Activity: 560
Merit: 119
November 07, 2018, 10:01:26 AM
I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!
I do not understand how someone can be scammed by this method? It is more than obvious that they are scammers when they ask for your money.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
November 07, 2018, 10:00:24 AM
I haven't scam yet in personal but in project or ICO i think all my ICO that i been joining is all scam. Im so wasted all my efforts and time is wasted too. That why its part of my lesson also to choose thos project who's have potential and not a scam one.
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
November 07, 2018, 09:55:56 AM

Thanks for the advise but for my side, Ive never been encounter to be scammed. Your advise is a big help for bounty hunters but others are aware of this, we have different method to trace a scammer. All we have to do is to vigilant at all times to avoid this scenario. As a bounty hunter being scammed is a painfull thing and the worst is make you dissapoint to stop supporting and participating in crytoworld because of that failure.
Pages:
Jump to: