Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost? - page 9. (Read 6405 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 11
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
November 05, 2018, 03:55:31 AM
I got an email to join a site that I have never seen. And after I did an inspection of various aspects and it turned out that the site was fake. And now there are also many scams through social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and telegram. You must be careful because it is dangerous.
Activity: 334
Merit: 102
November 05, 2018, 03:43:40 AM
I did not scam before because I've always be careful on what web page I'm accessing and also I'm much aware on what ICOs or campaigns are those who look suspicious so that I will not entertain those kinds of bounties or ico.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
November 05, 2018, 03:42:24 AM
consider me lucky, i never fall for this kind of scam. probably because too many similar case for the last 20 years. from MLM to direct marketing to ponzi scheme until the latest crypto scam. all share a similar character, promising high return on short period of time. too bad many of my friends and heard story of losing hundred of thousand dollar on scams. all i can advise them to avoid. if they insist, take it on their own risk.
Activity: 233
Merit: 13
November 05, 2018, 03:38:12 AM
my personal experience, I've been tricked, I've been hacked in my wallet. All I've experienced. That is terrible, your assets will disappear in an instant. From there I learned never to trust people we don't know.

Can I know how they did the hack?
I am curious. Please share your experience to avoid future errors.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
November 04, 2018, 01:31:32 PM
i have been scammed a few times and two things that i always remember
1. i have been scammed by my friend and he took almost 5 btc++ at 2014
2. The last time i join a hype and after a few days, i deposit a bitcoin into that site and after that the website turn out to be a scam website

after that, i never fall to people that want to scam me anymore
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
November 04, 2018, 01:25:50 PM
if for myself, I have been deceived by ICO tokens, because what I bought was a scam in the near future, so I would not want to buy ICO coins and I prefer clear coins like in the market.
for this, I think I've been scammed a number of times, and I feel that it's a natural thing. sometimes, it can also increase our knowledge. well, but that is also a distinct advantage for me, because with that, I can learn how to do good business.
Activity: 124
The World’s First Blockchain Core
November 04, 2018, 12:54:49 PM
Actually i didint loose money with that way but one time i was really close to that danger. 5 or 6 months ago during one icos crowdsale process while i was tracking companies ethereum adress via their website in one second that eth adress changed to other one and i think that is legit adress and while i was trying to send that eth adress i saw a warning about that and i didint send my 5 eth to scammers eth adress.
We need to be really carefull and icos need to learn creating safe websites.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
November 04, 2018, 12:54:26 PM
Scammers contact me every single day in Telegram. They start with "Hey user". What a lame and obvious approach. They are my greatest entertainment. I joke with them and mock them severely.

I also get messages on telegram like that.
Some pretending to be ICO group member! and telling me to invest and giving eth address!
Beware of those incidents! scammers are all over the world.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
November 04, 2018, 12:51:28 PM
if for myself, I have been deceived by ICO tokens, because what I bought was a scam in the near future, so I would not want to buy ICO coins and I prefer clear coins like in the market.
Activity: 443
Merit: 101
November 04, 2018, 12:47:49 PM
I also want to add that scammers are getting smarter and smarter. They come up with different ways of cheating. And it is better to find out the current information about the developers in the official telegram channel.
Activity: 474
Merit: 250
November 04, 2018, 12:46:10 PM
I've seen some scam projects after bounty round 1. They continue to hold round 2 until the end of the ICO. And then they started deleting the information on the website and then the official accounts on the social network. At that time, I just joined the bounty and did not have much experience to avoid this situation
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
November 04, 2018, 12:35:36 PM
my personal experience, I've been tricked, I've been hacked in my wallet. All I've experienced. That is terrible, your assets will disappear in an instant. From there I learned never to trust people we don't know.
Activity: 584
Merit: 252
November 04, 2018, 09:23:06 AM
Crypto world is something where each day a scammer gets recruited Wink Wink.And most of the time these scammers are doing inside job for example they are from exchange sites itself.When I was a newbie some years back I had bad experience with some sites.Slowly i learned but now problem lies elsewhere keeping coins on any exchange doesn't feel like a safe choice so always have to keep a hard wallet ready Tongue.Also many times fake mails from imposters -faking as staff or admin comes,sometimes they even try to contact in telegram.
Moreover each day fake exchanges and fake ico pops up so its very much needed to do our own research.Stay safe happy trading all.
Activity: 672
November 04, 2018, 08:59:23 AM
Scammers are everywhere. A couple of years ago, their names on btt were known to everyone, and now for each account can hide another scammer.
copper member
Activity: 210
November 04, 2018, 08:38:57 AM
I have been scammed with pumping signals. It was for about two years ago and I have lost a lot of money by taking part in such garbage. Be aware guys and never take part in such telegram group or any other option of pumping signals.
Activity: 218
Merit: 10
November 04, 2018, 08:37:36 AM
It is possible to argue very long on the subject of scams, but while he is not feel - you do not understand exactly how they work. There sit quite good psychologists.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
November 04, 2018, 12:06:18 AM
Fortunately, I have never encountered such a liar.
But I was deceived once because I invested in ICO. I invested in them, but they disappeared. I hate these fraudsters very much, so I think everyone should be more cautious. I believe no one wants to experience the feeling of being cheated because  makes people very angry.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
November 03, 2018, 11:26:44 PM
maybe a lot of people are cheated, it makes people panic but on the other hand with fraud it makes us more careful in doing things. people want to cheat you in any way so that they make a profit, then be more careful and can keep your secret a secret. crafty people can do anything in various ways, making many people nervous and anxious.
Activity: 279
Xircus
November 03, 2018, 11:18:39 PM
I hope i dont, but we cannot deny if ever it happens to us why this is one of the factor that we must be careful on everything we entered once there is someone approaching a good income and easy to do it, think of it twice is this legit or not the offer is so good you cannot refuse it, in this business scammers is all around it depend on us how to protect ourselves from them..
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
November 03, 2018, 11:06:55 PM
I am scammed by a gmail message sender, i opened the email that he sent to me and it contains airdrop campaign, as a newbie or new to cryptocurrency i join the campaign without knowing that i am entering into a phising site. And guess what? the site requires me the username and passwords, i entered the same as my wallet, so i got scammed.
Pages:
Jump to: