Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you been scammed? or almost? - page 5. (Read 6405 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
November 11, 2018, 01:44:22 PM
The longer I join the crypto currency, the more my knowledge increases and the more experienced I am so that it is not easy to be deceived. I have been a victim of ICO fraud a number of times because the ICO that I participated in was apparently an irresponsible ICO. I was very disappointed because I had risked my time to run what was my duty as a bounty campaign hunter. But I can only take the positive side of the fraud that happened to me so that now I can be more experienced in choosing a truly responsible ICO. We should be more careful because many irresponsible people want to take other people's things. We do not easily believe when there are suspicious parties who suddenly contact us. Hopefully soon there will be a special institution that handles cryptocurrency fraud so that there will be no more fraud in crypto currencies.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
November 11, 2018, 01:36:40 PM
I got scammed on ebay when I was young. Since this experience, I am really careful on my internet activities.
Crypto has a lot of risks and issues in it which have to solved to scale.
For newbies, don't share your priv keys with anyone and check the url of webpages before doing anything
Activity: 796
Merit: 251
November 11, 2018, 01:30:03 PM
I think everyone who doing crypto for several years was scammed once or more, as for me personally I was scammed two times when I was less expirienced and invested in scam ICOs, now I never was scammed for a long time.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
November 11, 2018, 01:20:09 PM
Scammers are everywhere, especially in crypto. You can not trust anyone, all in most cases want to take your money by any means. The main way is to steal your private key.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
November 11, 2018, 12:31:22 PM
Over the last month I was deceived in 3 projects in which I participated as a member of the bounty program. It actually goes beyond the bounds of decency, such a number of bench was not for a long time

I also got some scams in bounties campaigns. I just join the bounties that have a few participants so it's really risky. However, it will give me a very big rewards.
Activity: 644
November 11, 2018, 12:29:32 PM
as a bounty hunter I only experienced a few Bounty cases that I followed did not continue. whether it can be called fraud or not but I feel disappointed about that. but even so, I didn't really care about that because I didn't really lose because I only lost time. I hope that I have never experienced fraud which is detrimental to my assets
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
The Exchange for EOS Community
November 11, 2018, 12:28:07 PM
I have been scammed because of the project i invested called etherlance, they ran away with my 0.1 eth:) I mostly can say scammed because of the rule altering bounty managers or project owners which are planning to give always less than we deserve.
Activity: 153
Merit: 1
November 11, 2018, 12:14:33 PM
Yes,Many times I have been scammed.Lot of projects I have campaigned for are all scam project. I think the story I heard before joining the industry is not the same  thing going on now. Then the boss whom introduced me was making it as a hunter and was proud happy telling friends all about this great industry...We the hunters need help by lot of scam ICO.
Activity: 490
Merit: 110
November 11, 2018, 12:00:33 PM
I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!

yes i do scammed by ICO's where i put money and effort to promote their project. well this is unexpected when the devs backed out or the project didnt push through. but inspite of scams that ive been through, i do believe in icos as always.
Activity: 448
November 11, 2018, 11:54:01 AM
Very often, especially in 2018, I meet people who say that the market today is not the same and there are a lot of scammers who today really try to work with cryptocurrencies a lot, so of course they deceived me and will deceive us until we create the conditions for normal of projects
Activity: 504
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
November 11, 2018, 11:53:27 AM
Talkin about ICO's - I've not been. The explanation is not that I'm super-educated investor, no. The quantity of projects I have participated in isn't that many.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Semi-Decentralized Exchange
November 11, 2018, 11:51:58 AM
Over the last month I was deceived in 3 projects in which I participated as a member of the bounty program. It actually goes beyond the bounds of decency, such a number of bench was not for a long time
Activity: 630
Merit: 104
November 11, 2018, 11:47:20 AM
There is alot of telegram scamers. i never been scamed. Usualy admins from legit projects will not start a conversation with you in private messages.  Unless you start the conversation yourself. These scamers using very similar usernames as project admins and they offer to buy tokens even if token sale is over Cheesy
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
November 11, 2018, 11:38:46 AM
I think if I say that this account bypassed me, I'll lie. People tried to deceive me, but they never succeeded and only when the scammers wrote from my friend's account, they succeeded.
Activity: 392
Merit: 28
November 10, 2018, 07:39:08 AM
Bounty hunters often write their mail in Google form, and we become an easy bait for spammers and fraudsters, I often receive emails with phishing sites.
Activity: 938
Merit: 102
November 10, 2018, 05:57:38 AM
I never scammed because when I enter in this industry I never tend to talk to people about money especially if its about financial etc. I was scammed by a specific coin but not a person.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
November 09, 2018, 01:03:03 PM
I almost got scammed on twitter by a fake account. Scammers are setting up fake accounts pretending to be other people/ICO's/Tokens. It's very tricky if you are not paying attention. Make sure you check spelling on all names to be correct. Be careful who you give your info to. Even if it's just your email address. Scammers will not stop scamming so watch out and pay close attention to what you are signing up for. Good Luck everyone and be safe!
Yes i have scammed many times and i am really sick of it because you always make a lot of time just to earn good money and you will.not get nothing. This is the reason why many people hate ICO's because of scammed projects.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 651
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
November 09, 2018, 12:18:30 PM
A couple of times I got into scam projects, the good thing is that the amount of work that I did for these projects was minimal, so I did not suffer much, unlike my friends who were engaged in translations and signatures.
Activity: 266
November 09, 2018, 11:21:11 AM
Scammers are always at work it is serious when you see people texting you on telegram group sometime mail telling you to send your private key , some will be talking like they really want to help.
Activity: 420
November 09, 2018, 11:13:05 AM
Scammers are seriously at it at this time. I was on the telegram group of a group running STO and i was surprised to see the means through which scammers are now using to scam their victims. One of the things i noticed about them is that, they can be very persuasive. If you are not careful, you can get confused. Which is why when you are planning to invest in a genuine project, do not deal or entertain any help outside the group.
Pages:
Jump to: