Pages:
Author

Topic: Have you used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods? - page 18. (Read 30587 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
It has been easy to use bitcoin to buy physical goods.
One alternative is by buying amazon gift cards (for 10-30% OFF)
And buy with them the goods that you want, easy yeah?

How do you go about acquiring legit cards (not stolen, exploit, etc) from a reputable seller in good enough amounts? I've heard someone was doing that with his BTC and his amazon got locked and he need to go through much effort to even get in contact with Amazon. The techs on the phone don't know what is up and they can't help or anything.

Well if you want much more discount then it can happen that you can end in troubles.
But buying from reputable old sellers then i think you should be safe, then gyft.com has good quantity of amazon gift cards.

So where do you find those reputable seller for 10-30% off? And Gyft has been absolutely annoying in the past, only dealing with the US or their credit being invalidated if used outside the US.

I am in Canada.

I am not a buyer neither a seller of these type of gift cards.
But if you are looking a lot then you should find at least 1 reputable seller.
But don't expect a huge discount but at least 10% of course, i don't have any information but based on digital goods and gyft, cryptothrift and other websites there is always a discount.

Well i will have to do research but i already have a good method of buying goods strait from BTC so the extra loop is more for occasional things when rarely Amazon is a better deal, which is very rarely, compared to businesses that are already in Canada.

Another thing i would be interested is in steam wallet but yeah. Again already a way to buy the games strait with BTC, so extra loops and risks i'm not willing to go to lengths to obtain.

Digital goods are always risky because there are many fraud activities.
You can easily be scammed if you deal with any newbie, but always be careful.
Purse.io is another service but also that is not safe neither, let's hope for the best.

Okay, thank you for your advice. I will try to find legit sellers, from looking at members with trust. But so far all sellers i found had not much trust, even though they had many vouches and its not really something i wish to rely on.

If i could find Canadian gift cards, that would be very nice. I would love to be able to go to starbuck and get anything because i got the gift card half off. Or wallmart, canadian tire, amazon, newegg. Etc.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I bought motherboards and other components with bitcoin.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Love me love my Bitcoin.
no just virtual goods like vps and some kind of like domain and hosting

Which host do you use?
I've been using BitHost.io but they're just a reseller for DigitalOcean.

Many hosting providers accept bitcoin now.
yeah but i thunk bithost.io is good too

Yeah, its prices look competitive. 

Hourly Price  $0.01
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
where can I buy a coffee with BTC?

You can buy coffee with btw using the foldapp. But as far as I know it currently works only North America and only at Starbucks.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

How do you go about acquiring legit cards (not stolen, exploit, etc) from a reputable seller in good enough amounts? I've heard someone was doing that with his BTC and his amazon got locked and he need to go through much effort to even get in contact with Amazon. The techs on the phone don't know what is up and they can't help or anything.

Well if you want much more discount then it can happen that you can end in troubles.
But buying from reputable old sellers then i think you should be safe, then gyft.com has good quantity of amazon gift cards.

So where do you find those reputable seller for 10-30% off? And Gyft has been absolutely annoying in the past, only dealing with the US or their credit being invalidated if used outside the US.

I am in Canada.

But don't expect a huge discount but at least 10% of course, i don't have any information but based on digital goods and gyft, cryptothrift and other websites there is always a discount.

Well i will have to do research but i already have a good method of buying goods strait from BTC so the extra loop is more for occasional things when rarely Amazon is a better deal, which is very rarely, compared to businesses that are already in Canada.

Another thing i would be interested is in steam wallet but yeah. Again already a way to buy the games strait with BTC, so extra loops and risks i'm not willing to go to lengths to obtain.

Digital goods are always risky because there are many fraud activities.
You can easily be scammed if you deal with any newbie, but always be careful.
Purse.io is another service but also that is not safe neither, let's hope for the best.
legendary

I am in Canada.

I am in Canada.

legendary

I am in Canada.

legendary

legendary

You can buy a starbuck gift card and get all the coffee you want, or get a bitcoin debit card and buy anything you want at all. There's no much limitations to buying stuff with Bitcoin anymore, unless you live somewhere in the world with no banks or debit cards.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
It was my mum's birthday yesterday. And I wanted to buy a birthday cake for her, but when I reached the bread shop, I realized I forgot carrying my wallet and I had only a few bucks in my pocket.  I tried to talk to the boss of the shop if I can pay by bitcoin, to my surprise, she said YES and finally I paid the cake by bitcoin.  Grin

This is my first time to use BTC as real money buying a real physical goods. 

As a bitcoiner, using BTC online is very common.  Have you ever used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  plz share your experience.   Wink

I bought a usb fan yesterday using bitcoin.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
It was my mum's birthday yesterday. And I wanted to buy a birthday cake for her, but when I reached the bread shop, I realized I forgot carrying my wallet and I had only a few bucks in my pocket.  I tried to talk to the boss of the shop if I can pay by bitcoin, to my surprise, she said YES and finally I paid the cake by bitcoin.  Grin

This is my first time to use BTC as real money buying a real physical goods. 

As a bitcoiner, using BTC online is very common.  Have you ever used Bitcoin as Real money to buy Real/physical goods?  plz share your experience.   Wink

No, I never have used bitcoin to buy real/physical goods. I haven't use those even to buy somethings else (if exist something else that can be bought). May only purpose of having bitcoin (at least for since now) it is to use it as savings/investment. I hope that one day its value be very, very high compared to the actual value. I 'm waiting that days.
Activity: 196

Which host do you use?

yeah but i thunk bithost.io is good too
Activity: 134

Which host do you use?

Activity: 196

Which host do you use?
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Is this available for Steam wallet codes? It seem to be a hassle to get wallet fund and then people tell you "I give you 100$ for 20$" which just sound like they got their hands on hacked accounts or such.

Discouted Steam wallet codes would be nice i guess. Just hard to find something legit and convenient.

Search for some reputable seller of Steam codes in the Digital Goods section. If you just want to buy Steam games, there would be a lot in there offering discounted prices. But in Steam wallet codes, I guess you'll have a hard time finding one. I always buy mine from an acquaintance in our place, and the best thing is, he accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment.
legendary
You can buy Starbucks coffee with bitcoin directly? Or you need some sort of gift card you purchase with bitcoin to able to buy coffee there?
Are this offer is available in every Starbuck coffee shop?
Yes, it's actually an online gift card, but the web app makes it very smooth:
  • Browse to coffee.foldapp.com. (You don't need to set up an account or log in.)
  • Click on the buttons to buy $5, $10, or $25.
  • Click on the "Pay with Bitcoin" link. This will launch your wallet app (assuming it's set up correctly).
  • Send the transaction, which will be the amount you selected above, less 20%, by the current exchange rate.
  • In a few seconds, the web page will show you a bar code, which is a Starbucks gift card that you scan at the register.
  • If you didn't spend the whole balance, you can get a refund back to a Bitcoin address you specify. Or, a cookie will remember the card so you can use it next time.

I've done these steps while waiting in line at Starbucks. Other than your wallet app, you don't need to load any other app, or create an account.

Yes, I realize it's not Starbucks directly accepting Bitcoin, but it's still a nice demonstration, and handy if you don't have enough fiat in your pocket.

Yes, I realize there is some trust required that Fold app won't lose the bitcoin you send them. But I'm willing to take the risk of a price of a cafe mocha. :-)

Is this available for Steam wallet codes? It seem to be a hassle to get wallet fund and then people tell you "I give you 100$ for 20$" which just sound like they got their hands on hacked accounts or such.

Discouted Steam wallet codes would be nice i guess. Just hard to find something legit and convenient.
Pages:
Jump to: