Pages:
Author

Topic: [HAVELOCK] Mintspare (MS) Bitcoin Electronic Trade-in Service - Official Thread - page 7. (Read 35877 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
if i held any shares, i'd be hitting the bid pretty hard.  no point in waiting to see the value drop by another decimal place. . .

We don't really know till the financials come out or we see the public address but the drop in Bitcoin didn't help much in the short term
I guess in the long term if they sold for fiat at around 700-800 and had a lot of units come in they have more coins and if they turnover fairly quickly now can build up some coins as well.
Still needs observing more or less although the securities section in general is fairly quiet sometimes to our detriment
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
if i held any shares, i'd be hitting the bid pretty hard.  no point in waiting to see the value drop by another decimal place. . .
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Sorta like doling out allowance to a kid.  Does Havelock tell the "investors" how much of their money was necessary billed burnt through?

If I recall I think I asked for a public display address but forgot to follow up on that to see the balance they had on the account

Ah yes found the post guess I can ask
@ Havelock can the public fund address for the bankroll be revealed to the public. It was recognized that they would perform due transparency on this fund once the IPO was completed to ensure the funds are managed properly and so investors can know the current state of affairs.

Interesting business and best of luck, we do need more business in the Bitcoin sphere as it helps to grow the digital economy, whether it is going to grow faster than Bitcoin growth well this will be where testing the concept will kick in.

Hello Freedomno1,

First off we would like to say that we fully appreciate your well informed posts.

Second, we would like to say that we are huge fans of transparency within our company as well as externally as this is the whole idea behind an IPO. We would like to say that we would happily oblidge making our bankroll address public.

We at MintSpare would also like to recognize an error on our part within the release of our IPO. We failed to include the planned release of our Customer Portal 'Beta'. We are very hard at work finalizing the Beta at this time and it will be released no later than February 1st, 2014.

Furthermore to address another point that you brought up, the accelerated dividend plan would apply to any released shares.

Lastly, we here at MintSpare would gladly accommodate private tours of our facility/warehouse at our location in Miami, FL.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Sorta like doling out allowance to a kid.  Does Havelock tell the "investors" how much of their money was necessary billed burnt through?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
does anyone know their wallet address. i'd love to know if they've burned through their IPO funds yet. . . 

Havelock releases the funds as necessary / as billed, so there's no public wallet to check
Amazing.  Simply amazing!  Sad

i think this is thoroughly predictable.

from the prospectus it was clear that there was no way that investors were going to make money on this. it was also clear that the operator had little experience in the market place and the financial projections had no basis in reality. never mind the absurd valuation of the company. . .

this IPO was not an investment but a cash grab by the operator. those that "invested" should learn a lesson here.

i found this on coindesk:

Being a bitcoin-based business means Mintspare has to offer prompt customer engagement and education. Many people are still wary of BTC, so providing a level of comfort is important. Puechavy is aware of this, and told CoinDesk:

“[Mintspare is] very transparent, the entire process. It’s a huge issue.”

which is very amusing given the complete lack of financial or operational reporting to their own investors.

does anyone know their wallet address. i'd love to know if they've burned through their IPO funds yet. . . 
legendary
Activity: 1582
Well hello there!
Amazing.  Simply amazing!  Sad
Hey Galfry,

It's now near the end of March. Any thoughts on releasing your financial results for February?

Did you hit your projected income of 71.43?

You had also mentioned somewhere that you were bankrolling project expenses with your own equity. What does that look like? Can you commit some numbers to the community to account for your project as you suggested you would?

that's nice. how's the projected gross revenue of 71.43 BTC for February looking? still thinking you're going to be generating around $50,000 USD in sales?

We'll be releasing financial figures shortly after our official launch in March and every month thereafter. They will be provided as an update on both HavelockInvestments.com and this thread.
Activity: 34

Mintspare Update - Friday, February 28th

Key Acquisitions
We recently hired two additional individuals, one full time developer and one part time content marketing expert, both with extensive knowledge in their domain.

Site Development
The site has undergone a large amount of work in page loading efficiency and bug hunting.

Official Launch
Mintspare will be officially launching to the public on March 3rd, with all beta restrictions removed, including the activation of the referral system.

Traffic Sources
We will have three main traffic sources for the month of March.

1. Nationwide PR release
2.  Advertising on Bitcoin related sites
3. Content Marketing (Mintspare Blog)

Blog
Mintspare will have a blog that will focus on constantly releasing interesting news about Mintspare as well as the Bitcoin world.

Inside Bitcoin
If you're interested in meeting or hearing Galfry (Founder & CEO of Mintspare) speak at the Inside Bitcoin convention center in NYC on April 8th, we strongly recommend buying your ticket/hotel now.

Here is the registration page: http://www.mediabistro.com/insidebitcoins/new-york/?c=ibcadflex

Here is more information on the topic of discussion:

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
Thanks for the bug report! We sent that off to our developer. We should be completely bug free once the beta closes and we launch officially in March!

Sounds good, and happy to help. I'll play around on the site some more and email you guys directly if I come across any other issues.
that's nice. how's the projected gross revenue of 71.43 BTC for February looking? still thinking you're going to be generating around $50,000 USD in sales?

We'll be releasing financial figures shortly after our official launch in March and every month thereafter. They will be provided as an update on both HavelockInvestments.com and this thread.

okay. but why release a "guidance" that trumpets lower costs without mentioning that it's highly unlikely that you'll meet your projected revenue? Boasting that you're reducing costs is kinda irrelevant (and misleading) if the income that you projected isn't going to come. . .

Lowering Costs
Our costs have been and will be significantly lower than projected, in part due to significantly budgeted furniture & computer equipment, opting out of a cargo truck and instead using an employee vehicle, and paying some employees fully with my personal equity instead of salaries.

Hey Korbman,

Thanks for the bug report! We sent that off to our developer. We should be completely bug free once the beta closes and we launch officially in March!

If you find any other bugs don't hesitate to email us at [email protected].

You'll be able to redeem your infinity bitcoins shortly!  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1386
Still offering Infinity BTC?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
Open Beta
We’re excited to announce that we’ll be moving from a closed beta format to an open beta format starting today. Visitors will be able to browse and explore more of the website without actually making an account although they will not have access to many features without creating an account.

Cool beans, I'll have to check it out.

EDIT: I'd like one infinity bitcoins please! Cheesy

Mintspare Update - Friday, February 14th

Open Beta
We’re excited to announce that we’ll be moving from a closed beta format to an open beta format starting today. Visitors will be able to browse and explore more of the website without actually making an account although they will not have access to many features without creating an account.

Website Link: www.mintspare.com

Lowering Costs
Our costs have been and will be significantly lower than projected, in part due to significantly budgeted furniture & computer equipment, opting out of a cargo truck and instead using an employee vehicle, and paying some employees fully with my personal equity instead of salaries.

Security
Over the past week, we’ve been working on setting up an affordable yet effective cold storage system. The majority of bitcoins in our positions are already placed in cold storage. We’ve set up strict security implementations/protocols at our location. We are now trying to take it to the next tier of cold storage security and implement multiple levels of redundancy.

Dividends
Dividends will be held back until our official launch in March. They will then be paid on a weekly basis.

Marketing
Small marketing initiatives have begun while the site is still in beta.  Last Friday Mintspare’s post on r/Bitcoin made it to the front page and garnered us many new users.  In addition to this
we are proud to announce that we also had a mention in Business Insider!

Here are the links:

http://www.businessinsider.com/reddit-bitcoin-apple-protest-2014-2

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1x6yhu/with_all_the_iphone_smashing_going_on/

Marketing is extremely important to our goal of building Mintspare’s brand. Once we launch at the beginning of March, we’ll be implementing many simultaneous advertising campaigns with different sites from within the bitcoin community among other initiatives which we will announce at a later time.

Inside Bitcoin - New York City
Galfry Puechavy, the founder and CEO of Mintspare will be attending one of the largest expected Bitcoin conferences in the world to date: Inside Bitcoin. He will be speaking on behalf of Mintspare at the April 8, 10:45 am - 11:30 am Panel: Creating and Funding the Next 100 Great Bitcoin Companies  

Work at Mintspare
We are growing rapidly and are constantly looking for talented people who are passionate about bitcoin! Part-time or full-time, feel free to send us your resume at: [email protected]
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Always riding the Bull...
Think this is overvalued, but I went ahead and picked up 300 shares.. First day of trading probably will not be pretty but who knows.

/db

this is what i don't understand, if you know the equity is overvalued and will likely tank when it hits the open market, why buy? why not invest in lottery tickets or something . . .

Because when I have a passive interest in seeing something succeed, I have no problem investing a bitcoin or two.. If I'm doing something purely to make money,...

What you're doing has nothing to do with the word "investing" as it applies to finance.  Investing is an act of committing money or capital to an endeavor with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.

Your type of "investing" is one of the things that makes bitcoin securities so attractive to scammers and bottom feeders.
"If we do it in bitcoin, we don't even need to convince the marks they'll make money!"

If you must feed the rats, do it with fiat.

Profits are not only measured in fiat. Yikes, didn't mean to offend anyone with my investment! I know this is the internet and more specifically BTF.. but it does seem a bit uncouth to accuse a company of being a scam when the only crime you see is a high internal valuation… I meet over zealous entrepreneurs every day, doesn't mean they're a scam or that I don't want to see their venture succeed.   
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
What you're doing has nothing to do with the word "investing" as it applies to finance.  Investing is an act of committing money or capital to an endeavor with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.

Your type of "investing" is one of the things that makes bitcoin securities so attractive to scammers and bottom feeders.
"If we do it in bitcoin, we don't even need to convince the marks they'll make money!"

Whoa, sane noob of the month award right here.
Activity: 56
Think this is overvalued, but I went ahead and picked up 300 shares.. First day of trading probably will not be pretty but who knows.

/db

this is what i don't understand, if you know the equity is overvalued and will likely tank when it hits the open market, why buy? why not invest in lottery tickets or something . . .

Because when I have a passive interest in seeing something succeed, I have no problem investing a bitcoin or two.. If I'm doing something purely to make money,...

Pages:
Jump to: