Pages:
Author

Topic: Health and Religion - page 74. (Read 210871 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
July 06, 2017, 05:48:44 PM
In Japan there are many atheists and secular people, one Japanese sage has even said that the Japanese people have no need of the idea of god. Yet Japan is very healthy. The benefits of monoculture are similar to the cooperative function of religion.
And even if we lose sight of the Christian, Muslim and Hindu gods and all the rest, superstitions and spiritualism will almost certainly still prevail. More formal religious systems, meanwhile, would likely only be a natural disaster or two away. “Even the best secular government can’t protect you from everything,” says McCauley. As soon as we found ourselves facing an ecological crisis, a global nuclear war or an impending comet collision, the gods would emerge.
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20141219-will-religion-ever-disappear

Thats valid argument, but good luck trying to build mono-culture in postmodern West. I mean it.

Harvard professor of political science Robert D. Putnam conducted a nearly decade-long study on how multiculturalism affects social trust. He surveyed 26,200 people in 40 American communities, finding that when the data were adjusted for class, income and other factors, the more racially diverse a community is, the greater the loss of trust. People in diverse communities "don’t trust the local mayor, they don’t trust the local paper, they don’t trust other people and they don’t trust institutions," writes Putnam. In the presence of such ethnic diversity, Putnam maintains that

[W]e hunker down. We act like turtles. The effect of diversity is worse than had been imagined. And it’s not just that we don’t trust people who are not like us. In diverse communities, we don’t trust people who do look like us.

Ethnologist Frank Salter writes:

Relatively homogeneous societies invest more in public goods, indicating a higher level of public altruism. For example, the degree of ethnic homogeneity correlates with the government's share of gross domestic product as well as the average wealth of citizens. Case studies of the United States, Africa and South-East Asia find that multi-ethnic societies are less charitable and less able to cooperate to develop public infrastructure. Moscow beggars receive more gifts from fellow ethnics than from other ethnies [sic]. A recent multi-city study of municipal spending on public goods in the United States found that ethnically or racially diverse cities spend a smaller portion of their budgets and less per capita on public services than do the more homogeneous cities.
And what conclusions can be drawn from this and all the information? You do not think that a person more relay has stronger demands in life. It seems to me that some observations do not have any ground.
Activity: 574
Merit: 506
July 06, 2017, 05:27:46 AM
In Japan there are many atheists and secular people, one Japanese sage has even said that the Japanese people have no need of the idea of god. Yet Japan is very healthy. The benefits of monoculture are similar to the cooperative function of religion.
And even if we lose sight of the Christian, Muslim and Hindu gods and all the rest, superstitions and spiritualism will almost certainly still prevail. More formal religious systems, meanwhile, would likely only be a natural disaster or two away. “Even the best secular government can’t protect you from everything,” says McCauley. As soon as we found ourselves facing an ecological crisis, a global nuclear war or an impending comet collision, the gods would emerge.

Thats valid argument, but good luck trying to build mono-culture in postmodern West. I mean it.

Harvard professor of political science Robert D. Putnam conducted a nearly decade-long study on how multiculturalism affects social trust. He surveyed 26,200 people in 40 American communities, finding that when the data were adjusted for class, income and other factors, the more racially diverse a community is, the greater the loss of trust. People in diverse communities "don’t trust the local mayor, they don’t trust the local paper, they don’t trust other people and they don’t trust institutions," writes Putnam. In the presence of such ethnic diversity, Putnam maintains that

[W]e hunker down. We act like turtles. The effect of diversity is worse than had been imagined. And it’s not just that we don’t trust people who are not like us. In diverse communities, we don’t trust people who do look like us.

Ethnologist Frank Salter writes:

Relatively homogeneous societies invest more in public goods, indicating a higher level of public altruism. For example, the degree of ethnic homogeneity correlates with the government's share of gross domestic product as well as the average wealth of citizens. Case studies of the United States, Africa and South-East Asia find that multi-ethnic societies are less charitable and less able to cooperate to develop public infrastructure. Moscow beggars receive more gifts from fellow ethnics than from other ethnies [sic]. A recent multi-city study of municipal spending on public goods in the United States found that ethnically or racially diverse cities spend a smaller portion of their budgets and less per capita on public services than do the more homogeneous cities.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
July 06, 2017, 05:21:16 AM
Science is too backward to understand God.

You speak as if you had seen God and knew where exactly God is.

Has many years and to this day does not have at least a single person who says that he saw and talked with God

How do you expect people to believe in God?

Why is it so difficult for God to show Himself that God really exists?

No reason for god, angels and heaven remain hidden

EXACTLY!  Kiss
God must do something in order for all people to believe in him.
Miracles and Bibles are not enough for all people to believe in God.
I think we really need to see God, and God should talk to all people.

Don't you ever go outside and look at nature? How much more does God have to show you before you will understand that He exists?

Cool

If God wanted us to know he exists, he would know exactly what to do. Yet he chooses to not do it and then punish people for it. I don't really understand how anyone thinks that makes sense, oh well, religiotards

Cheesy

He will not show up just for us to believe Him.  He is God.  We are nothing to Him.  Yet He loves us unconditionally.  We are like flowers here today and gone tomorrow.  We are like waves tossed in the ocean.  We are nothing. We have to seek Him with all our hearts if we want to know Him.  He is not punishing us if He will not show Himself to us.  He do not needs us.  But we need him.

It says clearly in the bible that if you do not believe in god you will go to hell. If he loves us so much, why does he send people to hell for eternal torture. Don't you see the problem there?

God sends no one to Hell. He simply offers the option. Believe and accept Jesus salvation and miss out on Hell. Or don't accept and believe Jesus, and toss yourself into Hell.

YOUR choice.

Cool

Yeah dude, I point you with a gun and I say, hey give me your money or I will shoot you. I'm giving you a choice Cheesy Seems perfectly fine to me. And how is it a choice to believe in something anyways. Is not like I can choose to suddenly believe in God. What a pile of horseshit lmao.

Oh, but you can!!!

Nobody who believes in God does it by himself. The Holy Spirit does the big part of the work.

It's kinda like a transistor. The transistor (your tiny faith) is simply a little switch that says when the electricity is to flow. The Holy Spirit is like the Main Power Coupling, that provides the real power.

It's kinda like the alternator in a car.  You send the tiny, electrical current of your faith through the windings, and the car engine of the Holy Spirit turns it into big electricity.

Let the Holy Spirit work the faith in you. Simply turn it on a little.

Cool

But I can't. I do not believe in ghosts and I can't force myself to believe in ghosts, this is simple logic.
Activity: 636
Merit: 505
July 06, 2017, 01:52:03 AM
I searched and found many testimonials of healing by way of scalar energy, some tell of healing infections and other serious problems. I tested the free scalar energy treatments from selfhealgo and I agree that the infection is evidently being suppressed from a distance. This is a healing energy that GOD has made available for humans to use. One big cause of suffering is lack of awareness of the healing technologies that are already available.

I do NOT think that prayer and faith will cure an infection, nor has it ever done so to my knowledge. An infection can be managed by YOUR actions. Well-being is the result of one's thinking, this is a non-religious truism often expressed by secular thinkers and influencers.
July 06, 2017, 01:39:12 AM
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
July 05, 2017, 06:29:00 PM

Has many years and to this day does not have at least a single person who says that he saw and talked with God

EXACTLY!  Kiss

Don't you ever go outside and look at nature? How much more does God have to show you before you will understand that He exists?

Cool

If God wanted us to know he exists, he would know exactly what to do. Yet he chooses to not do it and then punish people for it. I don't really understand how anyone thinks that makes sense, oh well, religiotards

Cheesy

He will not show up just for us to believe Him.  He is God.  We are nothing to Him.  Yet He loves us unconditionally.  We are like flowers here today and gone tomorrow.  We are like waves tossed in the ocean.  We are nothing. We have to seek Him with all our hearts if we want to know Him.  He is not punishing us if He will not show Himself to us.  He do not needs us.  But we need him.

It says clearly in the bible that if you do not believe in god you will go to hell. If he loves us so much, why does he send people to hell for eternal torture. Don't you see the problem there?

God sends no one to Hell. He simply offers the option. Believe and accept Jesus salvation and miss out on Hell. Or don't accept and believe Jesus, and toss yourself into Hell.

YOUR choice.

Cool

Yeah dude, I point you with a gun and I say, hey give me your money or I will shoot you. I'm giving you a choice Cheesy Seems perfectly fine to me. And how is it a choice to believe in something anyways. Is not like I can choose to suddenly believe in God. What a pile of horseshit lmao.

Oh, but you can!!!

Nobody who believes in God does it by himself. The Holy Spirit does the big part of the work.

It's kinda like a transistor. The transistor (your tiny faith) is simply a little switch that says when the electricity is to flow. The Holy Spirit is like the Main Power Coupling, that provides the real power.

It's kinda like the alternator in a car.  You send the tiny, electrical current of your faith through the windings, and the car engine of the Holy Spirit turns it into big electricity.

Let the Holy Spirit work the faith in you. Simply turn it on a little.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
July 05, 2017, 12:56:05 PM

YOUR choice.

Cool

Actually the reality of the situation according to the various Monotheistic religions is more akin to putting a gun to your own forehead and screaming hysterically while God looks on sadly hoping you will set the gun down and walk away from it.

There are different interpretations of Hell but they are all surprisingly similar.

What Jesus Taught About Hell
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008802

What Is the Jewish Belief on Hell?
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1594422/jewish/Do-Jews-Believe-in-Hell.htm

Does Islam Believe in Hell?
https://owlcation.com/humanities/Islam-and-Hell-Does-Islam-Believe-In-Hell

Though it is beyond the scope of this thread I currently take the position that these interpretations are by and large not mutually exclusive.
July 05, 2017, 12:39:07 PM
Religion and health or finances have nothing in common. There are people of the same level of faith in one religion, but they have different health and finances.

Yes and no. Inequality already forms within the nuclear families, that part you got right. It reflects both nature and will of God.

However, there are also massive differences between socio-economic standing of various religious groups. Some people just perform better.

Mormon men live 10 years longer than other U.S. white males.Mormon women live more than five years longer than other U.S. white females.Those are the among the results of a 25-year study into the health habits and the longevity of the Mormon lifestyle by non-Mormon UCLA professors James E. Enstrom and Lester Breslow, who summarized their research with the conclusion: "Several healthy characteristics of the Mormon lifestyle are associated with substantially reduced death rates and increased life expectancy."

There.
The fact is that I do not think that religion has anything to do with science. The fact is that Mormons actively use secret scientific means and generate their religion. And it has nothing to do with religion, which people turn to God. In fact, Mormons are a very old sect with which it would be very scary to contact. Here, money and their power dominate.

WHAT SECRET? Are you talking about reptilians?  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

You can lend the Bible and the book of Mormon in your local library, Mr. Aluminium Hat.

Mormon christians were in long struggle agains federal government of United States. Even forced enmasse to migrate westwards and escape violence.

Yet, they are still here. They live longer than you, have higher education, make more money than you and have bigger more cohesive families than you do.

And all you have as an argument is "they are scary to contact". LOL!
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
July 05, 2017, 12:34:24 PM
Religion and health or finances have nothing in common. There are people of the same level of faith in one religion, but they have different health and finances.

Yes and no. Inequality already forms within the nuclear families, that part you got right. It reflects both nature and will of God.

However, there are also massive differences between socio-economic standing of various religious groups. Some people just perform better.

Mormon men live 10 years longer than other U.S. white males.Mormon women live more than five years longer than other U.S. white females.Those are the among the results of a 25-year study into the health habits and the longevity of the Mormon lifestyle by non-Mormon UCLA professors James E. Enstrom and Lester Breslow, who summarized their research with the conclusion: "Several healthy characteristics of the Mormon lifestyle are associated with substantially reduced death rates and increased life expectancy."

There.
The fact is that I do not think that religion has anything to do with science. The fact is that Mormons actively use secret scientific means and generate their religion. And it has nothing to do with religion, which people turn to God. In fact, Mormons are a very old sect with which it would be very scary to contact. Here, money and their power dominate.
July 05, 2017, 06:45:15 AM

There.
Activity: 246
Merit: 100
July 05, 2017, 06:16:21 AM
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
July 05, 2017, 05:59:25 AM

EXACTLY!  Kiss

Cool

Cheesy

YOUR choice.

Cool

Activity: 322
Merit: 252
July 04, 2017, 09:58:44 PM

EXACTLY!  Kiss

Cool

Cheesy

Boom! Thank you for saying this.
Maybe there is a God but not the God on bible.
If he really loves us unconditionally, why send someone to hell. Lol
legendary
July 04, 2017, 02:35:24 PM

EXACTLY!  Kiss

Cool

Cheesy

YOUR choice.

Cool
what i love most about GOD is that after giving you these two options and be such a loving GOD, he told us to Jesus as the only way to salvation.

However, people don't understand the depth to which God has entered into the universe, and the depth to which he has implanted people in it. If people understood this stuff, they would have a better chance of understanding why Jesus can be the only way to Heaven. There is essentially nothing else that God can do.

The Almighty God Who can do anything, chose to do the impossible, by making people so great, that the only chance that they have to be saved, is a Jesus chance.

God doesn't go half way with things. God made us so great that we have God-power to reject or accept the only way into salvation... Jesus.

Cool
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 04, 2017, 02:24:10 PM

EXACTLY!  Kiss

Cool

Cheesy

YOUR choice.

Cool
what i love most about GOD is that after giving you these two options and be such a loving GOD, he told us to Jesus as the only way to salvation.
legendary
July 04, 2017, 01:43:25 PM

EXACTLY!  Kiss

Cool

Cheesy

YOUR choice.

Cool
legendary
July 04, 2017, 01:41:06 PM

EXACTLY!  Kiss

Cool

Cheesy

It says clearly in the bible that if you do not believe in god you will go to hell. If he loves us so much, why does he send people to hell for eternal torture. Don't you see the problem there!?
Why do you think that hell is a real concept?

Reincarnation is the rule, although many misconceptions abound. There is a period of rest between incarnations, and sometimes individuals will occupy other planes of existence before returning to the Earth. When an individual’s reincarnational cycle is over, the individual moves on to other systems of reality.[2] There is no heaven or hell,[3] only continued existence.

What about the Content-Source Problem? It attacks the idea that life ends at death. Is that not a serious problem for atheists?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.rivier.edu/faculty/pcunningham/Research/Problem_of_Seths_Origin.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwi35u3F7O_UAhVoxlQKHQStAEwQFgggMAA&usg=AFQjCNH8yXJYJ58Fc_TZTDSbLlh1Reckkg

The only way reincarnation can be accurately a fact is, if people who are reincarnated pick up their life from where they left it off.

No supposedly reincarnated person ever has clear understanding of his past life. He is shown to be wrong when he tries to describe things of his past life. At best, he is sitting in a position of story telling.

Cool
July 04, 2017, 10:40:31 AM

EXACTLY!  Kiss

Cool

Cheesy

It says clearly in the bible that if you do not believe in god you will go to hell. If he loves us so much, why does he send people to hell for eternal torture. Don't you see the problem there!?
Why do you think that hell is a real concept?

Reincarnation is the rule, although many misconceptions abound. There is a period of rest between incarnations, and sometimes individuals will occupy other planes of existence before returning to the Earth. When an individual’s reincarnational cycle is over, the individual moves on to other systems of reality.[2] There is no heaven or hell,[3] only continued existence.

What about the Content-Source Problem? It attacks the idea that life ends at death. Is that not a serious problem for atheists?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.rivier.edu/faculty/pcunningham/Research/Problem_of_Seths_Origin.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwi35u3F7O_UAhVoxlQKHQStAEwQFgggMAA&usg=AFQjCNH8yXJYJ58Fc_TZTDSbLlh1Reckkg
July 04, 2017, 10:31:14 AM

EXACTLY!  Kiss

Cool

Cheesy
Not true. God has sent countless messengers. The Phoenix Journals are a recent communication from GOD, and they are so extensively detailed that it needs explanation. What explanation is offered? You need a lot of background information before coming to a conclusion and solving the Content-Source Problem.

July 04, 2017, 10:20:57 AM
Personally, I have nothing against religion, if it does not harm myself and other people. And health does not depend on religion, it depends on the way of life of a person.

Your way of life is influenced by your faith, but so is your joy.

"A joyful heart is good medicine, but depression drains one's strength."
http://biblehub.com/proverbs/17-22.htm
Pages:
Jump to: