Pages:
Author

Topic: Health and Religion - page 86. (Read 210871 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
April 01, 2017, 09:59:28 AM
Oh relax. Understand this simple thing: You cannot prove that your god exists but worship him through faith. Faith which only you can see and understand. The rest is made up assumptions.

Some numbers:
(1) Christianity: About 2.3 billion followers.
(2) Islam: About 1.5 billion followers.
(3) Judaism: About 14 million followers.

Looks like just shy of 4 billion people have this faith you speak of.

How do you know another's faith.... it's a personal thing. Faith is your own thoughts and beliefs.

Yes you can share a similar faith with others, which are shown by the numbers above, but your own faith is personal to you.

Hence my comments above....

It's easy to understand the basics of where your faith lies. If you had faith in God, you wouldn't be lying about the fact that you know He exists. Why not? Because then your faith would cause you to love Him, and you would be working on getting other people to be saved. As it is, you are only a liar.

Cool

OMG..... you talk so much crap.

Now, because you cannot prove your god exists you state I am a liar? WTF?

BADecker you are really straining for ideas.

You cannot see that the one who lies is you.

Well, thanks again for showing us your deceptiveness.

You are a liar for two reasons (at least):
1. Because you say that God DOESN'T exist, yet you don't have any proof that He doesn't exist, and in your ignorance of the universe, there is easily the possibility that He might exist.
2. I have shown the proof that God exists, step-by-step, but you can't rebut it step-by-step, or even one of the steps. Yet even after realizing this, you continue to say that God does not exist. So, you are not only a liar, but you are a malicious liar, as well;

However, I DO want to thank you for your deceptive fight against God. Why? Because other people, many of whom are innocently making the mistake of thinking that God does not exist, will now be prompted to examine their thinking more deeply. Some of them will realize the lie that atheism is, and ultimately turn to God. So, thanks.

Cool

You poor thing BADecker.

Even your simple ability to apply logic is leaving you.

If I say I do not believe, this is not a lie, but the simple reality that there is no proof of his/her/it's existence.

You on the other hand continue to claim you have proof, but provide nothing. This makes you a liar.

After all, I was riding my flying unicorn today and we were cruising along and I triggered the "find a god" search function on my mobile phone. It responded with.... "No god's found, they do not exist". Therefore, there are no god. My phone says so.

I do want to thank you, because you posting your tirade of crap allows me to highlight to anyone who reads the many inconsistencies the christian bible has written in it and show them through your actions how delusional those who blindly follow can appear.

So from me to you..... "Thanks" xx

So you see? Your lie is so deeply embedded in yourself that it is becoming almost the only thing that you can do. Turn away from your lie while you still have a chance, before you become a babbling idiot. I mean, anyone who talks about riding his flying unicorn is almost to babbling idiot mode.

If you wouldn't resist God so strongly, He would willingly help you out of your problem.

Cool

Why do you not believe me?

My unicorn is as real as your god.

But my unicorn can shoot rainbows from his arse.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
April 01, 2017, 09:45:37 AM
Oh relax. Understand this simple thing: You cannot prove that your god exists but worship him through faith. Faith which only you can see and understand. The rest is made up assumptions.

Some numbers:

How do you know another's faith.... it's a personal thing. Faith is your own thoughts and beliefs.

Yes you can share a similar faith with others, which are shown by the numbers above, but your own faith is personal to you.

It's easy to understand the basics of where your faith lies. If you had faith in God, you wouldn't be lying about the fact that you know He exists. Why not? Because then your faith would cause you to love Him, and you would be working on getting other people to be saved. As it is, you are only a liar.

Cool

1. Because you say that God DOESN'T exist, yet you don't have any proof that He doesn't exist, and in your ignorance of the universe, there is easily the possibility that He might exist.
2. I have shown the proof that God exists, step-by-step, but you can't rebut it step-by-step, or even one of the steps. Yet even after realizing this, you continue to say that God does not exist. So, you are not only a liar, but you are a malicious liar, as well;

However, I DO want to thank you for your deceptive fight against God. Why? Because other people, many of whom are innocently making the mistake of thinking that God does not exist, will now be prompted to examine their thinking more deeply. Some of them will realize the lie that atheism is, and ultimately turn to God. So, thanks.

Cool

You poor thing BADecker.

If I say I do not believe, this is not a lie, but the simple reality that there is no proof of his/her/it's existence.

You on the other hand continue to claim you have proof, but provide nothing. This makes you a liar.

After all, I was riding my flying unicorn today and we were cruising along and I triggered the "find a god" search function on my mobile phone. It responded with.... "No god's found, they do not exist". Therefore, there are no god. My phone says so.

I do want to thank you, because you posting your tirade of crap allows me to highlight to anyone who reads the many inconsistencies the christian bible has written in it and show them through your actions how delusional those who blindly follow can appear.

So you see? Your lie is so deeply embedded in yourself that it is becoming almost the only thing that you can do. Turn away from your lie while you still have a chance, before you become a babbling idiot. I mean, anyone who talks about riding his flying unicorn is almost to babbling idiot mode.

If you wouldn't resist God so strongly, He would willingly help you out of your problem.

Cool
April 01, 2017, 08:58:44 AM

Some numbers:

Cool

Cool

You poor thing BADecker.

legendary
April 01, 2017, 08:51:09 AM

Some numbers:

Cool

Cool
April 01, 2017, 03:30:27 AM

Some numbers:

Cool

Activity: 189
Merit: 100
March 31, 2017, 11:49:01 PM

Some numbers:

For humanity, that is why problems arise, because each one's faith is imposed on others. If it would be because you say that faith for everyone is purely personal, there would be fewer problems on a religious basis.
legendary
March 31, 2017, 09:46:44 PM

Some numbers:

Cool
March 31, 2017, 08:53:50 PM

Some numbers:

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
March 31, 2017, 08:43:37 PM

Some numbers:

legendary
March 31, 2017, 08:30:57 PM
So where is your proof of a god that can cause and effect the whole operation of the universe?

Once again you have not followed through with all of the evidence or thesis. You haven't proven anything but made a simple assumption to meet your need.

You only need to admit that you have no proof, and you only feel that your god is real.

Once you do that, you will begin to understand that religion does not have proof, but relies on the faith of it's followers.

Oh, relax. Understand this simple thing, that since you aren't able to understand that God exists, you will never have the tiniest ability to understand how He affects the operation of the whole universe. However, when the time is right, God, Himself, will prove it all to you, face to Face. But by then it will be too late for you to be saved.

Just live your life in the joy that you can find. Maybe God will even allow you to find salvation someday.

For the moment, go out and play with the other kids.

Cool

Just live your life in the joy that you can find. Maybe you will grow up and stop believing in fairy tales.

All the other people can see that you can't prove that God doesn't exist. This means that you are either ignorant, or a liar, when you say God doesn't exist.

Thank you for being out there playing with the other children rather than trying to prove God doesn't exist. Why don't you at least become an agnostic?

Cool
March 31, 2017, 08:04:42 PM
So where is your proof of a god that can cause and effect the whole operation of the universe?

Once again you have not followed through with all of the evidence or thesis. You haven't proven anything but made a simple assumption to meet your need.

You only need to admit that you have no proof, and you only feel that your god is real.

Once you do that, you will begin to understand that religion does not have proof, but relies on the faith of it's followers.

Oh, relax. Understand this simple thing, that since you aren't able to understand that God exists, you will never have the tiniest ability to understand how He affects the operation of the whole universe. However, when the time is right, God, Himself, will prove it all to you, face to Face. But by then it will be too late for you to be saved.

Just live your life in the joy that you can find. Maybe God will even allow you to find salvation someday.

Cool

Just live your life in the joy that you can find. Maybe you will grow up and stop believing in fairy tales.

legendary
March 31, 2017, 11:19:42 AM

Cool
legendary
March 31, 2017, 10:54:58 AM
Christianity Not Dying Out, but Atheism Is in Danger
http://www.christianpost.com/news/christianity-not-dying-out-but-atheism-is-in-danger-due-to-contraception-study-reveals-177551/
A new study has countered some perceptions that Christianity around the world is on the decline and could be dying out, by pointing out that religious people are having more children than atheists.

The study, titled "The Future of Secularism: a Biologically Informed Theory Supplemented with Cross-Cultural Evidence" specifically tackled perceptions among social scientists that religious belief is on the decline.

Researchers from the U.S. and Malaysia studied over 4,000 students, asking them about their religious beliefs and how many siblings they had, and found that Malaysian atheists had 1.5 fewer siblings than the average, though in the U.S. the gap was narrower.

The experts found that non-religious children from the U.S. came on average from parents who had 3.04 children, compared with the 3.2 in the general population.

The findings, published in the Evolutionary Psychological Science international journal, correlated with other studies which found that Muslims are the most fertile and religious group. Christianity and almost all other religions had a positive association with parental fertility as well, however.

"While cross-sectional in nature, when our results are combined with evidence that both religiosity and fertility are substantially heritable traits, findings are consistent with view that earlier trends toward secularization (due to science education surrounding advancements in science) are currently being counter-balanced by genetic and reproductive forces," the study explained.

It also foresees a decline in secularism, due to the reliance on contraception contributing to lower birth rates, which it traced back to industrial developments.

"By the mid-19th century, scientific discoveries had moved to a point that human reproduction was sufficiently well understood that fertility rates began to be impacted, especially in the emerging industrial countries," it read.

The researchers predicted that "secularism is likely to undergo a decline throughout the remainder of the 21st century, including Europe and other industrial societies."

"It is ironical that effective birth control methods were developed primarily by secularists, and that these methods are serving to slowly diminish the proportional representation of secularists in forthcoming generations," they added.

The Independent reports that some might argue that having religious parents doesn't necessarily mean that their children will grow up with the same beliefs, but other studies have shown that religion is indeed heritable to an extent.
legendary
March 31, 2017, 09:05:14 AM

How Korea embraced Christianity

https://www.google.com/amp/www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/amphtml/2007/0307/p14s01-lire.html
While Christianity's explosive growth has swept through much of the Southern Hemisphere – particularly across Africa – another dramatic story has unfolded in Asia. Some have dubbed it the "Korean miracle."

About one-third of South Koreans are now Christian. Seoul, the capital, boasts 10 of the 11 largest Christian congregations in the world. And South Korea sends more missionaries abroad to spread the word than any other country except the United States.

Christianity has grown from a few hundred adherents in the late 19th century to "about 9 million Protestants and 3 to 4 million Catholics in South Korea today," says the Rev. Samuel Moffett, professor emeritus at Princeton Theological Seminary in New Jersey.
The dynamism of Korean Christianity, many observers agree, is an outgrowth of the peninsula's unique history as well as the early role of indigenous leadership. Christian teachings were first brought to Korea not by foreigners, but by Korean diplomats who came in contact with Roman Catholicism in Japan and Manchuria. An active lay movement developed, but it led to controversy and periods of great persecution.
One key to the rapid growth was the strategy adopted by the young pioneer missionaries, which emphasized developing indigenous leadership: "self-government, self-propagation of the faith, and self-support."

"This encouraged national leaders to take care of their own affairs without foreign control or funding," Dr. Park says. "They practiced it from the beginning, advising but letting the Koreans preach and run the churches."

March 25, 2017, 11:50:46 AM

Sorry BADecker, you have never done that. You are sad that you are a single person trying to convert the world to your ideology. You claim your god is real yet provide no proof.

It's funny that the majority of religious people say they have no proof yet they can internalize and believe. I don't question that. That is a personal choice.

But you claim you have the proof and all I do is ask you to share it.

You fail yet again!

Okay, at least for a start of the proof.

Cause and effect is scientifically understood all over the world. Newton's 3rd Law upholds it. Cause and effect is like a person playing pool (billiards). The pool player hits a ball which hits another ball which hits another ball, etc., which finally knocks a specified ball into a designated pocket.

We know from experience that there is great difficulty in tapping a cue ball in such a way so that it will cause a string of balls - through cause and effect - to finally knock a specified ball into a designated pocket. There has to be a lot of intelligent planning and skilful control, in the mind and body of the pool shark who does this.

Everything that we see in the universe operates by cause and effect. We have found nothing that does not operate by cause and effect. Rather than a simple handful of cause and effect actions as in the pool game, there are countless trillions upon trillions of cause and effect actions in the universe. Rather than simple specified pool intelligence that measures and calculates only a handful of movements to a designated end, the cause and effect movements of the universe create intelligent ends, over all the cause and effect actions of the universe.

The only thing we see in the universe that causes intelligent cause and effect actions is, greater intelligence. Consider all the machines that are made by mankind, and all the simple machines that animals use. The greater the intelligence of the animal or the man, the greater is the cause and effect action that is produced. This hasn't been shown to work any other way, anywhere on earth or in the observations we make regarding the rest of the universe.

Since the only time that we understand the "causer" of complex cause and effect activity is when it is connected to intelligence, and we have no evidence of anything not intelligent behind a string of intelligent cause and effect actions, we can conclude that there is a Great Intelligence behind the cause and effect actions that make up the universe.

Even though this isn't quite proof of God, alone, it is almost proof of God.

Now, about proof. Suppose you live in a wood frame house. Imagine that you are sitting in your home office and responding in the forum, here. Look up at one of the walls in your office. You see the surface of the wall, right. But if there aren't any holes in the wall, you don't see the studs that hold the wall up, right? Because of this, you have no real proof that the studs are there. Even if you saw the house being built, even if you saw the workers put up the studs that would become your office walls, you have no proof that there is anything beyond the paint or the wallpaper that exists now, do you? For all you know, the studs might have disappeared since you saw the workers put them up. In fact, you have no real proof that up until the exact instant of the present, you were even sitting in your office working on the computer, typing into the forum, right.

If you are going to get that nuts with the idea of proof, forget your whole life. You might as well not exist.

However, if you are the kind of person who accepts standard scientific proof that makes science laws, then the above explanation of the almost-proof of the existence of God is entirely credible. It is greater than scientific theory, even though it isn't quite enough for proof as it is expressed. The rest of the proof is expressed here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10718395
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16803380.

Wake up, stats. All you have is hot air. And it is turning colder with every breath you take. If it weren't for the fact that political science exists, you wouldn't have any science at all behind the things you say.

Note that I don't write the above for you. Experience shows that you will barely be able to read an comprehend much of it. Rather, I have written it so that other people will have a clearer understanding that God exists, and that everything including our health and religion depends on Him through cause and effect.

Cool

What you have written, is correct, to a point.

Then you use your own assumptions to create your idealism of a god.

Cause and effect: Using your exact same theory places something else as creating your god, and then something else creating that..... this is your perpetual argument.

You are once again correct when you state: "Even though this isn't quite proof of God" but you then fail with your next statement of "almost proof of god". Sorry, but cause and effect cannot just stop. It has to continue. That is the problem of your theory about cause and effect being proof. You stop it when it suits your ideals. You need to continue using the exact same theoretical knowledge and that means that the never ending loop consists.

Your links do nothing apart from show everyone how desperate you are to try and justify a god. If you claim to be an intelligent person then surely you must understand that your argument lacks merit.

So now your proof does not hold up...... try again.

We are talking about a God that is so great that He can cause and effect the whole operation of the universe over periods of thousands of years. What can anyone know about Him, personally, if He doesn't reveal it?

By the definition of the word/term "God," He fits the "thing" that cause-and-effected the universe into existence. Nothing that we see suggests that He has to have a cause. Why not? Because to make something, you have to be outside of it... especially before it exists. This means that the laws of the universe which we operate by don't necessarily fit Him, since He was before the universe, and therefore outside of it. There is no proof at all that God has to have had a cause.

We all die. God has promise me and all those who accept Him, the right to have salvation from death. If I am in the least way desperate to show God, it is for your benefit, so that you can be saved for eternal life, as well. You say you don't want to be saved? Your choice. But you won't like it.

Cool

legendary
March 25, 2017, 11:36:59 AM

Sorry BADecker, you have never done that. You are sad that you are a single person trying to convert the world to your ideology. You claim your god is real yet provide no proof.

It's funny that the majority of religious people say they have no proof yet they can internalize and believe. I don't question that. That is a personal choice.

You fail yet again!

Cause and effect is scientifically understood all over the world. Newton's 3rd Law upholds it. Cause and effect is like a person playing pool (billiards). The pool player hits a ball which hits another ball which hits another ball, etc., which finally knocks a specified ball into a designated pocket.

We know from experience that there is great difficulty in tapping a cue ball in such a way so that it will cause a string of balls - through cause and effect - to finally knock a specified ball into a designated pocket. There has to be a lot of intelligent planning and skilful control, in the mind and body of the pool shark who does this.

Everything that we see in the universe operates by cause and effect. We have found nothing that does not operate by cause and effect. Rather than a simple handful of cause and effect actions as in the pool game, there are countless trillions upon trillions of cause and effect actions in the universe. Rather than simple specified pool intelligence that measures and calculates only a handful of movements to a designated end, the cause and effect movements of the universe create intelligent ends, over all the cause and effect actions of the universe.

The only thing we see in the universe that causes intelligent cause and effect actions is, greater intelligence. Consider all the machines that are made by mankind, and all the simple machines that animals use. The greater the intelligence of the animal or the man, the greater is the cause and effect action that is produced. This hasn't been shown to work any other way, anywhere on earth or in the observations we make regarding the rest of the universe.

Since the only time that we understand the "causer" of complex cause and effect activity is when it is connected to intelligence, and we have no evidence of anything not intelligent behind a string of intelligent cause and effect actions, we can conclude that there is a Great Intelligence behind the cause and effect actions that make up the universe.

Now, about proof. Suppose you live in a wood frame house. Imagine that you are sitting in your home office and responding in the forum, here. Look up at one of the walls in your office. You see the surface of the wall, right. But if there aren't any holes in the wall, you don't see the studs that hold the wall up, right? Because of this, you have no real proof that the studs are there. Even if you saw the house being built, even if you saw the workers put up the studs that would become your office walls, you have no proof that there is anything beyond the paint or the wallpaper that exists now, do you? For all you know, the studs might have disappeared since you saw the workers put them up. In fact, you have no real proof that up until the exact instant of the present, you were even sitting in your office working on the computer, typing into the forum, right.

If you are going to get that nuts with the idea of proof, forget your whole life. You might as well not exist.

However, if you are the kind of person who accepts standard scientific proof that makes science laws, then the above explanation of the almost-proof of the existence of God is entirely credible. It is greater than scientific theory, even though it isn't quite enough for proof as it is expressed. The rest of the proof is expressed here:

Wake up, stats. All you have is hot air. And it is turning colder with every breath you take. If it weren't for the fact that political science exists, you wouldn't have any science at all behind the things you say.

Note that I don't write the above for you. Experience shows that you will barely be able to read an comprehend much of it. Rather, I have written it so that other people will have a clearer understanding that God exists, and that everything including our health and religion depends on Him through cause and effect.

Cool

Cause and effect: Using your exact same theory places something else as creating your god, and then something else creating that..... this is your perpetual argument.

You are once again correct when you state: "Even though this isn't quite proof of God" but you then fail with your next statement of "almost proof of god". Sorry, but cause and effect cannot just stop. It has to continue. That is the problem of your theory about cause and effect being proof. You stop it when it suits your ideals. You need to continue using the exact same theoretical knowledge and that means that the never ending loop consists.

Your links do nothing apart from show everyone how desperate you are to try and justify a god. If you claim to be an intelligent person then surely you must understand that your argument lacks merit.

We are talking about a God that is so great that He can cause and effect the whole operation of the universe over periods of thousands of years. What can anyone know about Him, personally, if He doesn't reveal it?

By the definition of the word/term "God," He fits the "thing" that cause-and-effected the universe into existence. Nothing that we see suggests that He has to have a cause. Why not? Because to make something, you have to be outside of it... especially before it exists. This means that the laws of the universe which we operate by don't necessarily fit Him, since He was before the universe, and therefore outside of it. There is no proof at all that God has to have had a cause.

We all die. God has promise me and all those who accept Him, the right to have salvation from death. If I am in the least way desperate to show God, it is for your benefit, so that you can be saved for eternal life, as well. You say you don't want to be saved? Your choice. But you won't like it.

Cool
March 25, 2017, 11:05:04 AM

You fail yet again!

Cool

legendary
March 25, 2017, 10:41:21 AM

You fail yet again!

Cool
Activity: 223
March 25, 2017, 12:45:20 AM
Really, in order to believe in something, you need some kind of proof. For example, I just believe and this faith gives me and what kind of confidence and belief in a better life in the future. Therefore, what proof of the existence of God is needed, if it is not material.

Actually, you don't need any kind of proof to believe in something, you simply need a source of information you trust.
If we take the Bible as a source of information, then this book can not be authoritative for everyone, because people also wrote it. But this is only relevant for those who seek or doubt. And for those who believe, this book is of great value.
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
March 24, 2017, 11:40:28 PM
Really, in order to believe in something, you need some kind of proof. For example, I just believe and this faith gives me and what kind of confidence and belief in a better life in the future. Therefore, what proof of the existence of God is needed, if it is not material.

Actually, you don't need any kind of proof to believe in something, you simply need a source of information you trust.
Pages:
Jump to: