Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 132. (Read 286609 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I think x0rcist means the splash screen when first running the client, I have noticed it 'hangs' for much longer on startup. Could be a lot worse on older and slower machines.
My machine is fast so I probably didn't notice it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
anyone else that have a slow responding cgb client? after last update it takes a lot of time before the GUI is responsive... no probs with other wallets btw

keep up the good work!!
Depends on what you mean with this. I have no issues with the client.

What i mean is that with the new client it takes up to a few minutes before it comes out of freeze (ex. clicking on the tray icon is non responsive), seems not very stable to me this version...

I think x0rcist means the splash screen when first running the client, I have noticed it 'hangs' for much longer on startup. Could be a lot worse on older and slower machines.

Alright, I'm pretty sure I know why.  I did things differently with the Win build and I integrated more libs than was actually necessary.  So older machines are taking a bit longer to read in the files.  I'll fix the Win build soon and release to whoever noticed the splash screen hanging a bit more than usual.  Sorry about that...
Activity: 750
Merit: 503
anyone else that have a slow responding cgb client? after last update it takes a lot of time before the GUI is responsive... no probs with other wallets btw

keep up the good work!!

What i mean is that with the new client it takes up to a few minutes before it comes out of freeze (ex. clicking on the tray icon is non responsive), seems not very stable to me this version...

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

keep up the good work!!

What OS?  And any other system info you can give me and I'll look into.

Like others have said, I have not noticed any degradation in performance but I'm running Windows 8 and Linux Ubuntu 12.04.

I am using Win7 pro 64 and everything is ok to me

keep up the good work!!

What OS?  And any other system info you can give me and I'll look into.

Like others have said, I have not noticed any degradation in performance but I'm running Windows 8 and Linux Ubuntu 12.04.

keep up the good work!!

Yes, I found that the blockchain takes around 3-4 hours to download now.. (I am using 8 to 16 MB download).

I have had to download 3 times to try to resolve a checkpoint problem (still not right yet, but merc. suggested something which I will try tomorrow).

When I download next, I will do so with no interruption, on a desktop computer running no other tasks.

i dont have any issues
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

keep up the good work!!

Yes, I found that the blockchain takes around 3-4 hours to download now.. (I am using 8 to 16 MB download).

I have had to download 3 times to try to resolve a checkpoint problem (still not right yet, but merc. suggested something which I will try tomorrow).

When I download next, I will do so with no interruption, on a desktop computer running no other tasks.
legendary
Terminated.

keep up the good work!!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
Do you mean how long it takes to load the block index? That can take a while
Subsidy has halved  Smiley
Oh very nice. Price has increased a bit too.

lucky for us stake holders Smiley
legendary
Terminated.
Oh very nice. Price has increased a bit too.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
It seems to have recovered a bit.
recovered by me, i am buying every single coin under 0.0014
legendary
Terminated.
It seems to have recovered a bit.
It's gonna be interesting this month when subsidy halves

What are you expecting after halving?! I am a little sceptic about price
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Cryptogenic Bullion Vardiff Stratum Pool:

cgb.cryptcoins.net

• Lastest version client
  • Finder gets 2% of the block off the top.
legendary

Version:

v1.1.6.4-gdf9d55a-cg
legendary
I still have the 'Checkpoint too old..' message, after downloading the entire blockchain 4 times. Each time I deleted a different set of files (as per instructions) leaving the wallet.dat alone or some others as well.

I am using the Windows daemon , running from a folder on my desktop.  Any other suggestions ??

Firstly backup up your wallet.dat.
Then delete 'everything' in appdata/roaming/CGB and do a fresh install.
Let the 'whole' blockchain download without using your backup wallet.dat.
Close your client.
Now replace the new wallet.dat with your backup copy.
Run client.

Thanks. I will try that when I have time for the whole download at once (taking around 2 hours at present)

v1.1.6.4-gdf9d55a-cgb

Just to be sure you are downloading the newest version, what version does it say when you go to Help->About CryptogenicBullion?
Updated, busy downloading the blockchain and unconfirmed is a lot less than half than what my balance used to be. It will confirm and be okay right? Downloading the blockchain takes a while, only 100kbps :/

Yes, it will be okay once the block chain downloads completely.

Hey merc really appreciate the work your doing, when can we expect a services update? I don't want to rush you but I really have alot of trust in the coin and I'm very excited for upcoming services.

I don't know, a few days...maybe...
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Updated, busy downloading the blockchain and unconfirmed is a lot less than half than what my balance used to be. It will confirm and be okay right? Downloading the blockchain takes a while, only 100kbps :/

Yes, it will be okay once the block chain downloads completely.

Hey merc really appreciate the work your doing, when can we expect a services update? I don't want to rush you but I really have alot of trust in the coin and I'm very excited for upcoming services.
Jump to: