Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 134. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
i am onboard, minor stake holder, and i am fully supporting only cgb now
Activity: 750
Merit: 503
It's gonna be interesting this month when subsidy halves

This week, this month, next month, next year, the year after?

Just make sure you're onboard  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
It's gonna be interesting this month when subsidy halves
Activity: 750
Merit: 503
But in terms of ROI?

CGB has excellent community and developer support.

I'm not going to write up an A-Z on why you should invest in CGB and try to put something in your head to sway a decision, you can read back through this thread and get all the info you will require to make your own decision on an investment.

This quote comes to mind though http://www.yourdictionary.com/he-who-hesitates-is-lost  Wink

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Cgb price os becoming bettrr and better everyday
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
CGB price seems to be moving up in fiat but not as much in BTC
I wonder though, where the price would be if cryptsy would open USD markets.

This is what I keep telling people. If we get Cryptsy to the net worth of 500k. All alt coin values increase. So buy shares now! https://cryptostocks.com/securities/57

Is CGB worth the gamble? I have a pretty good overview of bitcoin`s perspective, but what about alts overall? CGB cought my eyes on the topic about coins with the biggest facebook fan group.

The price is moving up with BTC, I would say it is probably one of the safest investments to have along with the 2% annual interest.

But in terms of ROI?
Activity: 70

This is what I keep telling people. If we get Cryptsy to the net worth of 500k. All alt coin values increase. So buy shares now! https://cryptostocks.com/securities/57

Is CGB worth the gamble? I have a pretty good overview of bitcoin`s perspective, but what about alts overall? CGB cought my eyes on the topic about coins with the biggest facebook fan group.

The price is moving up with BTC, I would say it is probably one of the safest investments to have along with the 2% annual interest.
Activity: 68

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
CGB price is moving up correlating with Bitcoin at the moment. Exactly as planned  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Random thought:

If you bought bitcoin at 110 after news hit that the FBI seized Silk Road, you could have made 200% return on your investment in about five weeks.   

And yet, I'm confident this isn't a bubble...it's a global movement in its infancy. 
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I upgraded to 1.1.6.4 and get the message 'Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download or notify developers'
Is that normal behaviour?

Did the whole blockchain download? If not, let it download and if the warning is still there, do the following:

Close your client and go to your AppData/Roaming/CryptogenicBullion folder.

Delete blk0001.dat, blkindex.dat, and peers.dat in your data folder.  Do not touch the wallet.dat file or else you'll lose your coins.

Then restart the client and you should see the client downloading the blockchain.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, the client won't cleanly download the checkpoint data, so that's why you're seeing the warning.

I have downloaded the entire blockchain 3 times now (after deleting the files you indicate, and also trying deleting all but the wallet.dat). I still get the 'checkpoint too old..' message.. Using client 1.1.6.4 of course.

What would you suggest ??

Hi,

Sorry, I just saw your message.

I suggest deleting everything in your data file (including the db files/folder) except your wallet.dat and CryptogenicBullion.conf files.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
I upgraded to 1.1.6.4 and get the message 'Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download or notify developers'

Did the whole blockchain download? If not, let it download and if the warning is still there, do the following:

Delete blk0001.dat, blkindex.dat, and peers.dat in your data folder.  Do not touch the wallet.dat file or else you'll lose your coins.

Then restart the client and you should see the client downloading the blockchain.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, the client won't cleanly download the checkpoint data, so that's why you're seeing the warning.

I have downloaded the entire blockchain 3 times now (after deleting the files you indicate, and also trying deleting all but the wallet.dat). I still get the 'checkpoint too old..' message.. Using client 1.1.6.4 of course.

What would you suggest ??
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

thanks , it works fine now!
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

Mac client for v 1.1.6.4 available at website now  Wink

Download link:

http://cryptogenicbullion.org/#download

Thanks fellows,
Running the mac client on Mavericks and it's working fine!

Good deal, thank you for your support!
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

Mac client for v 1.1.6.4 available at website now  Wink

Download link:

http://cryptogenicbullion.org/#download

Thanks fellows,
Running the mac client on Mavericks and it's working fine!
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Jump to: