Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 139. (Read 286609 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
The shirts are looking great!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I was going to build them myself after I moved into my new place during last client update and completely forgot about it.  My fault.

Linux binaries:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7K8VdCHpm-pM1dTdVVpRkdNM1E/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the quick response, but I tried the tar and it won't run for me:

$ :~/Downloads/CryptogenicBullion$ ./CryptogenicBullion-qt
bash: ./CryptogenicBullion-qt: cannot execute binary file

The size is only 5.2MB the previous version I have is 8.5MB maybe this gives a clue? or is it just my environment?

First, make sure it's executable after extracting.

Dependencies should be included but maybe something got corrupted on the upload.  

Let me know if the hosted binaries at https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:p_conrad:coins/cryptogenicbullion are working in your environment.

Also, try the daemon and let me know if that works.

pm me if you're still having issues...
Activity: 164
Merit: 100

I was going to build them myself after I moved into my new place during last client update and completely forgot about it.  My fault.

Linux binaries:

Thanks for the quick response, but I tried the tar and it won't run for me:

$ :~/Downloads/CryptogenicBullion$ ./CryptogenicBullion-qt
bash: ./CryptogenicBullion-qt: cannot execute binary file

The size is only 5.2MB the previous version I have is 8.5MB maybe this gives a clue? or is it just my environment?
Hi, is there a linux build of the latest wallet anywhere? none on the site at least. T-shirts and bumper stickers are great, but the basics like client builds are more important no?

There's packages for openSUSE and Debian at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:p_conrad:coins/cryptogenicbullion

Ah yes, thanks again!
Activity: 149
Merit: 102
Hi, is there a linux build of the latest wallet anywhere? none on the site at least. T-shirts and bumper stickers are great, but the basics like client builds are more important no?

There's packages for openSUSE and Debian at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:p_conrad:coins/cryptogenicbullion
I've been using the source files to build my linux client, like most others I know.  But apologies for the oversight.  Site links updated as well:  http://cryptogenicbullion.org/index.html#download

+1 - there should be a Linux build. As of right now I have to launch a Windoze VM inside my Linux machine to run CGB... definitely not ideal. On the plus side, there is already a Mac client so Linux is all that remains.

I was going to build them myself after I moved into my new place during last client update and completely forgot about it.  My fault.

Linux binaries:

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
There is plenty of information and discussion about PoS : PPCoin is of course the currency with longest history in PoS..

CGB has good developers who are endeavouring to make the best decisions at an early stage of what is, after all, still experimental software.

I really am not qualified to pronounce on the technicals, but it seems to me that a network composed of a very large amount of 'dust' ie vast numbers of users each with low hash power, is the most secure for either PoW or PoS.

Transaction fees on 'dust' is going to kill any/all Alt/Digital coins.

I've been gathering dust from BTC BitCoin Faucets and went to send the dust I'd accumulated to an exchange only to find the dust didn't even cover the transaction fee.

If any coin is worth (say) $200 per coin then a $10.50 transaction (eg a short taxi ride - http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4/r4report/rss.xml
) would end up nearly doubling when the transaction fee is added on.

CGB 5SAyTsyg68dGf1uWZ4kvbZuWY8sTtQo3w7
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

+1 - there should be a Linux build. As of right now I have to launch a Windoze VM inside my Linux machine to run CGB... definitely not ideal. On the plus side, there is already a Mac client so Linux is all that remains.

Along with a MACOSX wallet, we need this.

There at least was a linux build, as I'm running it, I don't know how to check what version it is, but I think I got it some time in September.
Activity: 596
Merit: 500

Sorry to spam the thread, but FYI, I have multiply banner shirts in stock and black logo shirts due to arrive Nov 8th.  Grin

Looking forward to receiving my black shirts in the mail.  The white ones were great.  Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022
Sorry to spam the thread, but FYI, I have multiply banner shirts in stock and black logo shirts due to arrive Nov 8th.  Grin

If you're fluent in Hindi please pm me if you think you're up to the task of translating the CGB website. 

We have Swedish, German, French translations to go live soon.
There is plenty of information and discussion about PoS : PPCoin is of course the currency with longest history in PoS..

CGB has good developers who are endeavouring to make the best decisions at an early stage of what is, after all, still experimental software.

I really am not qualified to pronounce on the technicals, but it seems to me that a network composed of a very large amount of 'dust' ie vast numbers of users each with low hash power, is the most secure for either PoW or PoS.

PPC coin is trying to be a currency, to replace the mechanisms of fiat, minting ample supply daily, and doing a damn good job at it.

CGB is trying to be a commodity-type medium, a vehicle for long-term storage OR a method of payment.

Two very different paradigms.

---

CGB super nodes (ie, pools, exchanges) reign superior on the network and the proper balance of growing super nodes (in percentage terms) and users is actually better for network signal propagation.  This has been discussed on the LTC forums.  So adding exchanges where CGB is traded is high on our priority list and I suspect we'll be successful after future projects are released.  And the more exchanges trading CGB, then the more users. 
Apologies if this is a silly Question (I am not a technician):

If I have 2 QT clients on separate PCs running the same wallet addresses, does that increase the generation rate of my PoS blocks ??

Is 2 clients on separate PCs the same as adding the processing power of the 2 computers ?

No, it won't increase your generation rate because coinAge is calculated the same on each client and PoS reward is based on min/max coinAge.

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

legendary
Apologies if this is a silly Question (I am not a technician):

If I have 2 QT clients on separate PCs running the same wallet addresses, does that increase the generation rate of my PoS blocks ??

Is 2 clients on separate PCs the same as adding the processing power of the 2 computers ?
legendary
Proof of Stake discussion worth reading, with application to CGB. 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/what-challenges-would-a-pure-proof-of-stake-coin-face-316813

Certainly an increasing distribution is essential. This is also a good time to pick up more CGB on the market, whilst attention is on Bitcoin. The capitalisations of alternative currencies are being skimmed-off by BTC speculation money.
Jump to: