Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 48. (Read 286609 times)

legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
Reminder, the CGB News Beat article writing contest continues through this Sunday, April 13th, 2014.

Let's get CGB back in the news! Who are the journalistic types in our community? Come out and submit a story about CGB for this competition! Ideally we can have the winning story get published by a media outlet, but first lets get the material! Please submit your original news story on CGB to this thread. (Some story examples can be CGB's life cycle, the author's take on investment opportunity, CGB's new direction, other). Get creative and make it fun and interesting. Entries can be submitted up until April 13th, 2014. Once all have been submitted, I will review with the team and decide on the winners. (Reddit votes will also be factored in when making the decision so please up vote the stories you like).
1st place = 100 CGB 2nd place = 60 CGB 3rd place = 40 CGB
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Is still possible to mine CGB ?

Thanks

Certainly! I have a pool and there are others.

http://cgb.hasher.ca

Happy Hashing!
Activity: 435
Merit: 250
Is still possible to mine CGB ?

Thanks
Activity: 750
Merit: 503
CGB now trading at PTOPEX!

Nice one, we are definitely beginning to spread our wings. Soon we may fly.

Just a reminder. CB was released when only a handful of crypto's existed. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Namecoin, PPCoin, Novacoin, Terracoin, Feathercoin and a couple more not worth mentioning. Just before the onslaught of copy/paste coins we have all endured over the last three quarters of a year or so.

CB is withstanding the test of time, and is growing into a serious crypto-currency.

I am sure that soon, CB will be realised as one of the major players in the ever evolving crypto-currency scene. It is a hidden gem. As a virtual commodity CB has no rival. With its low inflation, low mining reward, extremely active development team and solid community. CB will inevitably be known and trusted as a secure and reliable store of wealth. It is only a matter of time before we catch the attention of mainstream media and become one of the top crypto-currencies in the world.

There once was a man with sore bunions,
Who thought he could cure them with onions,
He ate a full sack,
Fell flat on his back,
and woke up with Cryptogenic Bullions.

"Why?" said the poor man. "Why does nothing ever go right for me?"

"You have to make something of yourself" said the rich man. "You only get out of life what you put in, you have to work hard for it."

"Nonsense" said the gambler. "Life is just a game of chance. You are dealt a hand, it's how you play that hand, which determines if you win or lose"

"Its fate" said the fatalist "Everything is written in stone, you can't shape your future, just as much as you can't change your past"

"No it's God" said the religious man. "God guides you through your life, all you must do is ask, and God will provide"

"BULL-shit" said the CB investor. "What is most valuable in life is the things that are hidden. Things that are there that most do not see. That is where you find true value, value which only a rare person can discover"
legendary
CGB now trading at PTOPEX!
I am giving away 4 CGB t-shirts to the 4 individuals with the best promotional ideas!

http://www.reddit.com/r/GotCrypto/comments/226hka/finite_by_design_sponsored_cgb_guerrilla/

Great idea!
Any streakers out there? Some great sporting events coming up in the summer months  Cheesy

With a CB tattoo on the backside perhaps! Haha
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I am giving away 4 CGB t-shirts to the 4 individuals with the best promotional ideas!

http://www.reddit.com/r/GotCrypto/comments/226hka/finite_by_design_sponsored_cgb_guerrilla/

Good idea i like it.
Activity: 294

Awesome ideas!! We have a lot of excitement going on this month to pull from!

Oh wow this looks amazing! I could do a blog write up and giveaway on my coin blog that should bring some excitement in the house! Posted my idea on Reddit thread.. Smiley
Activity: 266

Awesome ideas!! We have a lot of excitement going on this month to pull from!
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

Activity: 285
Merit: 255

Ticker    ALCUREX - alcurEX cryptocurrency exchange shares
Date   03 Apr 16:08 Coin vote result
28 most wanted coins voted on the alcurEX market:

AUR - AuroraCoin
BC - Blackcoin
BTC Bitcoin
CGB - CryptogenicBullion
DOGE - Dogecoin
DRK - Darkcoin
DVC - DevCoin
FAC - Faircoin
FLT - Fluttercoin
FTC - FeatherCoin
IFC - InfiniteCoin
LTC Litecoin
MAX - MaxCoin
MEC - MegaCoin
MINT - MintCoin
MRC microCoin
NMC - NameCoin
NVC - NovaCoin
NXT - Nxt
PMC - Premine
PPC - Peercoin
PRT - Particle
PTS - ProtoShares
QRK - Quark
UTC - UltraCoin
VTC - VertCoin
XPM Primecoin
YBC - YBCoin

I used my shares to vote for CGB, looking good!!

Great news, thanks!

Glad I could contribute something
CGB Client Software Discussion – Protocol Changes / Security Update

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion

As mentioned in our latest team update we are working to make some adjustments to the security protocols. We have to be careful again to make it clear that we are avoiding any significant changes to the actual inflation (reward) target. In addition to a collision issue caused by the 1 minute PoW block target, we are also looking to implement a more optimal minimum coin age for minting in order to increase network participation and security. We would like to encourage an equal balance of PoW and PoS blocks by increasing the PoW block target to every 2 minutes balanced by doubling the reward, and allowing a minimum coin age of one week for minting a PoS block.

In addition to these two goals we have been presented with a third challenge as a story developed over the last couple days regarding a vulnerability (BitcoinTalk post) in the Proof of Stake/Proof of Work hybrid algorithm employed in a number of crypto-currencies. The vulnerability raises the possibility of a 51% attack (or double-spend attack), a technique which has yet to be successfully demonstrated against any coin. The development communities of the various crypto-currencies have produced a number of solutions and we will be ready to implement an emergency fix tomorrow evening or Saturday morning. We would like to assure the community that while this is being taken seriously, we believe that the threat of a successful attack is remote.

It has now become our top priority to finalize the decision and implement a the fix. Proof of Work/Proof of Stake hybrid coins have proven themselves to be reliable and we are not inclined to abandon it to join a handful of more experimental coins which rely solely on Proof of Stake security. Not only does the hybrid method offer a potential solution to the 51% attack, its also much more energy efficient to secure. The hybrid algorithm is also what allows savers to be rewarded with interest, another distinct advantage. It is for these reasons that Cryptogenic Bullion was created with this technology, and being on this cutting edge requires the agility to turn problem into opportunity. Expect an emergency software update shortly, and our next major release including many anticipated features in 2-3 weeks time.

The CGB Core Team
Update: Some extra testing and adjustment to the client update was necessary. Update is now available on the website. To be announced.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
wow community here still alive?

Hey forzendiablo! Haven't blessed us with wisdom in a while, were still kickin' here of course. What happened to your SUNcoin gods on rage sig?  Cool

from SUN ive moved to new coin - LGD released few days ago!

still hodling some SUN and... waiting. CGB? sold all!
CGA? holding!

Hey forzendiablo! Haven't blessed us with wisdom in a while, were still kickin' here of course. What happened to your SUNcoin gods on rage sig?  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
legendary

AUR - AuroraCoin
BC - Blackcoin
BTC Bitcoin
CGB - CryptogenicBullion
DOGE - Dogecoin
DRK - Darkcoin
DVC - DevCoin
FAC - Faircoin
FLT - Fluttercoin
FTC - FeatherCoin
IFC - InfiniteCoin
LTC Litecoin
MAX - MaxCoin
MEC - MegaCoin
MINT - MintCoin
MRC microCoin
NMC - NameCoin
NVC - NovaCoin
NXT - Nxt
PMC - Premine
PPC - Peercoin
PRT - Particle
PTS - ProtoShares
QRK - Quark
UTC - UltraCoin
VTC - VertCoin
XPM Primecoin
YBC - YBCoin

Great news, thanks!
Activity: 285
Merit: 255

AUR - AuroraCoin
BC - Blackcoin
BTC Bitcoin
CGB - CryptogenicBullion
DOGE - Dogecoin
DRK - Darkcoin
DVC - DevCoin
FAC - Faircoin
FLT - Fluttercoin
FTC - FeatherCoin
IFC - InfiniteCoin
LTC Litecoin
MAX - MaxCoin
MEC - MegaCoin
MINT - MintCoin
MRC microCoin
NMC - NameCoin
NVC - NovaCoin
NXT - Nxt
PMC - Premine
PPC - Peercoin
PRT - Particle
PTS - ProtoShares
QRK - Quark
UTC - UltraCoin
VTC - VertCoin
XPM Primecoin
YBC - YBCoin

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Just wondering if there is any reason my pool is seeing an increase in orphaned blocks? Had 7 in the past 24 hours...

Any other pools the same?
Pages:
Jump to: