Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 49. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
We're getting behind, we need a lot more votes here (once per account):
Atomic-Trade https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/atomic-tradecom-new-coin-poll-vote-now-529591

And this. Vote every 1-hour:
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
https://comkort.com/vote
https://coinano.com/vote

Thanks  Cheesy

Reminder: Keep voting guys!
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Technical Chart Analysis - CGB Breaks back into familiar territory 0.001BTC - Expect volatility

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.

I hadn't been watching the markets much the last couple days but now that I look it seems we have met our old friend 0.001CGB/BTC.

As explored in previous posts, when you have two long term forces opposing each other you have to hold on tight for the ride while it resolves. Once it breaks out it usually carries momentum.

I am at work right now so could only afford an MS Paint solution at this time. Here is the latest chart.

Previous analysis:
Technical Analysis of CGB All-time Chart Feb 27, 2014
Technical Analysis of CGB All-time Chart Feb 13, 2014

Looking at the chart I think it could test that level of resistance again and then that resistance could turn into support. I think the price will go down a little again in the next days but I'm no pro so don't even think about trading according to what i just said xD

I would say that's a pretty safe bet! Any big move always seems to be corrected as profits are taken. This is just a standard tendency of the market and not always true especially if there are more powerful forces at play. Corrections are healthy testing of support though as you say Smiley
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Technical Chart Analysis - CGB Breaks back into familiar territory 0.001BTC - Expect volatility

I hadn't been watching the markets much the last couple days but now that I look it seems we have met our old friend 0.001CGB/BTC.

As explored in previous posts, when you have two long term forces opposing each other you have to hold on tight for the ride while it resolves. Once it breaks out it usually carries momentum.

I am at work right now so could only afford an MS Paint solution at this time. Here is the latest chart.

Previous analysis:

Looking at the chart I think it could test that level of resistance again and then that resistance could turn into support. I think the price will go down a little again in the next days but I'm no pro so don't even think about trading according to what i just said xD

Previous analysis:
Thanks for the update and great work team !

I have a question though regarding the change of blocktimes.
Are POS blocks being generated freuquently enough to keep the fast transactions times even if POW blocks are generated only every 10?
The collisions you mentioned suggest that that is the case but I wanted to ask anyway.

I always love how fast a transaction is confirmed with CGB and I'd hate to see that being turned into the snail pace we know from BTC.

Very good point you bring up. Maintaining the speed of CGB transaction times is one of our primary concerns as well. PoS block time will target 1 minute and with the allowance for daily staking (interest earning), more PoS blocks will be ocuring acting to speed transactions and to better secure the CGB network.

One think I would like to be careful to highlight is that these changes would NOT affect inflation. The 0.5% inflation through PoW mining would remain despite a reward increase of 10x because the generation time would equally multiply by 10x. Also the coin age of 90 days to earn 1.5% annually would remain in tact. The min age of 30 days to earn 1.2% annual interest would be superseded by a min age of 1 day to earn 1% annual interest. Again, this daily min age for staking would populate the network with more PoS blocks to both speed the transaction time and better secure the network.

Thank you for clearing that up. I hope it works out as intended.
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
CGB Core Team Weekly Update – April 1, 2014

We are please to be able to report that smooth progress is being made with both our next CGB client software update, but also with the official CGB website and Reddit presence. Artiface has incorporated the latest Novacoin upgrades appropriate for the CGB client software including coin control features that allow selecting which inputs to use when sending coins. Also expected for next release is automatic PoS check-pointing, visualization of minting, time to next mint, GUI unlock, and more. We are also in the investigating and planning stages of considering a change to the PoW and PoS logistics with the greatest emphasis put on maintaining the inflationary profile.

In the interest of open collaboration, we would like to elaborate on this topic by first describing our thoughts and progress. Two drivers motivate these investigations. One is that our current PoW block target of one minute is too frequently causing collisions with the PoS blocks. While this is not a security risk, it does cause inefficiencies in the network. Second is that while we have the chance, we would like to study the possibility of reducing the minimum coin age for minting to increase participation in the network's security. For the collision issue, we are considering bumping the PoW block time from every minute to a maximum of every ten minutes while multiplying the reward by ten. The PoS minimum coin age could be reduced to as low as daily while rewarding with a 1% rate while leaving the maximum coin age at 90 days with a reward rate of 1.5%. We very much appreciate any input or analysis that we can get from the community especially in comparison to how other coins may be doing it better.

Much work has been done to the official CGB website over the weekend. In addition to the marketing strategy, the CGB Community Powered Promotion campaign has also been formalized on the marketing page of the website. I have added brand guidance which will be expanded upon, as well as a gallery of both official CGB images and community produced content. Throughout the site and on the Reddit sidebar there is now a link to “Promote CGB! Rally Point.” This leads active CGB community members to the /r/GotCrypto subReddit, a place for posting and discussion of various opportunities and material which are of interest to those who wish to promote CGB.

The CGB Resources section of the website has been completely updated to be a one-stop shop for anything one would need, to learn about, use, and promote, Cryptogenic Bullion. The community section has also been updated but is still far from its potential. Under a section called Support CGB, we have included a link to our community driven effort to translate CGB's new website! I would like to thank spac3_invad3r for bringing this up and stepping forward to help organize this monumental task! We must ask that all community members who are able to translate our website from English to any other language consider helping us to maintain our proud history of broad multilingual support.

April is an exciting month for Cryptogenic Bullion as we look forward to releasing the new client version, completing development of the website, and celebrating the addition of CGB to the Vault of Satoshi exchange supporting direct CAD or USD exchange with CGB. In the near term we also plan to bring some more advanced new features and a more modern branded look to the CGB client software. Finally, I believe by now the downward trend identified in this chart (feb analysis) has intersected the long term 0.001CGB/BTC buying support line. In technical analysis we would expect a high level of volatility when two trends, or forces, oppose each other until a breakout is sustained one way or the other.

This is certainly going to be an exciting month!

The CGB Core Team

Are POS blocks being generated freuquently enough to keep the fast transactions times even if POW blocks are generated only every 10?
The collisions you mentioned suggest that that is the case but I wanted to ask anyway.

I always love how fast a transaction is confirmed with CGB and I'd hate to see that being turned into the snail pace we know from BTC.

Very good point you bring up. Maintaining the speed of CGB transaction times is one of our primary concerns as well. PoS block time will target 1 minute and with the allowance for daily staking (interest earning), more PoS blocks will be occurring acting to speed transactions and to better secure the CGB network.

One thing I would like to be careful to highlight is that these changes would NOT affect inflation. The 0.5% inflation through PoW mining would remain despite a reward increase of 10x because the generation time would equally multiply by 10x. Also the coin age of 90 days to earn 1.5% annually would remain in tact. The min age of 30 days to earn 1.2% annual interest would be superseded by a min age of 1 day to earn 1% annual interest. Again, this daily min age for staking would populate the network with more PoS blocks to both speed the transaction time and better secure the network.

We are please to be able to report that smooth progress is being made with both our next CGB client software update, but also with the official CGB website and Reddit presence. Artiface has incorporated the latest Novacoin upgrades appropriate for the CGB client software including coin control features that allow selecting which inputs to use when sending coins. Also expected for next release is automatic PoS check-pointing, visualization of minting, time to next mint, GUI unlock, and more. We are also in the investigating and planning stages of considering a change to the PoW and PoS logistics with the greatest emphasis put on maintaining the inflationary profile.

In the interest of open collaboration, we would like to elaborate on this topic by first describing our thoughts and progress. Two drivers motivate these investigations. One is that our current PoW block target of one minute is too frequently causing collisions with the PoS blocks. While this is not a security risk, it does cause inefficiencies in the network. Second is that while we have the chance, we would like to study the possibility of reducing the minimum coin age for minting to increase participation in the network's security. For the collision issue, we are considering bumping the PoW block time from every minute to a maximum of every ten minutes while multiplying the reward by ten. The PoS minimum coin age could be reduced to as low as daily while rewarding with a 1% rate while leaving the maximum coin age at 90 days with a reward rate of 1.5%. We very much appreciate any input or analysis that we can get from the community especially in comparison to how other coins may be doing it better.

Much work has been done to the official CGB website over the weekend. In addition to the marketing strategy, the CGB Community Powered Promotion campaign has also been formalized on the marketing page of the website. I have added brand guidance which will be expanded upon, as well as a gallery of both official CGB images and community produced content. Throughout the site and on the Reddit sidebar there is now a link to “Promote CGB! Rally Point.” This leads active CGB community members to the /r/GotCrypto subReddit, a place for posting and discussion of various opportunities and material which are of interest to those who wish to promote CGB.

The CGB Resources section of the website has been completely updated to be a one-stop shop for anything one would need, to learn about, use, and promote, Cryptogenic Bullion. The community section has also been updated but is still far from its potential. Under a section called Support CGB, we have included a link to our community driven effort to translate CGB's new website! I would like to thank spac3_invad3r for bringing this up and stepping forward to help organize this monumental task! We must ask that all community members who are able to translate our website from English to any other language consider helping us to maintain our proud history of broad multilingual support.

April is an exciting month for Cryptogenic Bullion as we look forward to releasing the new client version, completing development of the website, and celebrating the addition of CGB to the Vault of Satoshi exchange supporting direct CAD or USD exchange with CGB. In the near term we also plan to bring some more advanced new features and a more modern branded look to the CGB client software. Finally, I believe by now the downward trend identified in this chart (feb analysis) has intersected the long term 0.001CGB/BTC buying support line. In technical analysis we would expect a high level of volatility when two trends, or forces, oppose each other until a breakout is sustained one way or the other.

The CGB Core Team

Activity: 1022
Merit: 368

, we have included a link to our community driven effort to translate CGB's new website! I would like to thank spac3_invad3r for bringing this up and stepping forward to help organize this monumental task! We must ask that all community members who are able to translate our website from English to any other language consider helping us to maintain our proud history of broad multilingual support.

Nice system to work together with the translations. I will start helping with the dutch translation whenever I have some time to spare Smiley

I'm at work and have many other things to do, so I will probably make slow but steady progress with this the coming week. But I am working on it as we speak Smiley
And maybe there are other community members from the Netherlands so we can work together at different sections at the same time!

The CGB Core Team

Great job guys! the informational value of the weekly updates is very high, keep the momentum going!

Hey BTCat that's awesome!

I have linked you in on the Promote CGB! Rally Point as an example Wink Keep up the good work!

The CGB Core Team
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
Ok I will vote to support Smiley is that ok? Smiley

I wish you all best! and many votes!
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
We're getting behind, we need a lot more votes here (once per account):
Atomic-Trade https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/atomic-tradecom-new-coin-poll-vote-now-529591

And this. Vote every 1-hour:
https://www.mintpal.com/voting
https://comkort.com/vote
https://coinano.com/vote

Thanks  Cheesy
Hi All,

I've noticed coinmarketcap.com only looks at Cryptsy.. Wouldn't it be better for CGB when they start looking at other exchanges as well?
It does look more solid, certainly for new investors when there is a large list of exchanges where CGB is accepted don't you think?

Menno
Activity: 28
http://www.ecoinfund.com/images/logo.jpg

Website  |  Twitter   |  Bitcointalk

Hello CGB Community.

We have added CGB to ECOINFUND.(CGB/BTC,CGB/LTC
ECOINFUND is a diversified international exchange from china.
Cuz we are a new exchange,seize the chance now.(login, invitation, trading contest will received ecc,the maximum was 80 ECC.ECC Dedails)
Happy trading !!

legendary
Community Powered Promotion - Rally Point at /r/GotCrypto

Please also see the reddit post for further discussion.

The Open Source Community Development and Marketing Strategy (link) which has served to help organize our efforts has now been **completely replaced** by the Official CGB Website, especially the Marketing section. The original purpose of the /r/GotCrypto subReddit has been restored as the Rally Point for Cryptogenic Bullion's Community Powered Promotion campaign. Links and content are posted here which may be of interest to active CGB community members who wish to help promote CGB in various ways across multiple sites or venues.

Much more work has to be done, but the Marketing, Community, and CGB Resources pages have been completely updated. Suggestions and corrections always welcome.  The following have been added to the Reddit sidebar:

Promote CGB! Rally Point

Community Powered Promotion Guide

Fantastic work PSD!
legendary
just FYI, CGB block rewards just halved again!

We've migrated this coin to our new servers (Updated stratum URL: http://stratum.cgb.hasher.ca with the same port). Now with DDoS protection and faster all around!

Earn some CGB mining at the Hasher pool:

http://cgb.hasher.ca

PPLNS
Mobile Friendly
VARDIFF Support
Worker/Block/Payout Notifications
DDoS Protection

Happy Hashing!

Thank you for the support crackfoo!  Grin
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Finally an exchange based in austria - Sers! Wink
Did you have to deal with a lot of legal issues here in austria ?
I'm wondering how to pay taxes on earnings through investment in cryptos - any idea about that ?

Servas!
Not a lot of issues, only some Wink
A good tax accountant and lawer are mandatory.
Pages:
Jump to: