Pages:
Author

Topic: Hodl altcoins or..? - page 8. (Read 1408 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 13
March 29, 2020, 10:35:58 AM
I don't currently hold any altcoins. I moved it all to USDT and waited for another better opportunity to continue re-investing in this market. And if you haven't sold altcoins since the market collapsed, it's better to keep holding them, if you sell them, you'll lose out in this market.
Great move, I don't any valuable alts holding other than those shits coins I got in the past from airdrop and bounties which did not appear in any exchanges. Holding ALTS for now is the best option espcecially we can't really predict the flow of the market as it is constantly changing. Switching it to stablecoins other option as you have not to worry about any losses that much then you switch back to your prefer coins when the market is going stable.
Activity: 944
Merit: 101
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
March 29, 2020, 09:19:21 AM
I don't currently hold any altcoins. I moved it all to USDT and waited for another better opportunity to continue re-investing in this market. And if you haven't sold altcoins since the market collapsed, it's better to keep holding them, if you sell them, you'll lose out in this market.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 121
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
March 29, 2020, 09:07:34 AM
Right now I am holding around 80% in Altcoins and just 20% in Bitcoin. Out of the 80% I have around 60% in the top 100 cryptocurrencies and 20% in mid to low cap coins. I think everyone should own at least some Altcoins for the future, mostly the top coins such as ETH, LTC, XRP, LINK and a few others. Just make sure to look for good solid projects with a good team backing them along with products. 
like me, which holds the most in eth and litecoin. I'm sure the two altcoins will show good development, so that later they will exceed the percentage of bitcoin developments. although right now the price is falling, but I still hold it and even buy more

many altcoins that are held today most are not worthy alias has been abandoned, whereas when it first grew very promising because most want to make a profit for a moment, so abandoned and not noticed again and instead made a new altcoin with the same goal only to seek profits.
be happy for those of you who still hold altcoin top 10, which still always survives well, although maybe currently being lethargic but it will definitely bounce back with the development of bitcoin that is starting to recover.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 116
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
March 29, 2020, 08:51:37 AM
Right now I am holding around 80% in Altcoins and just 20% in Bitcoin. Out of the 80% I have around 60% in the top 100 cryptocurrencies and 20% in mid to low cap coins. I think everyone should own at least some Altcoins for the future, mostly the top coins such as ETH, LTC, XRP, LINK and a few others. Just make sure to look for good solid projects with a good team backing them along with products. 
like me, which holds the most in eth and litecoin. I'm sure the two altcoins will show good development, so that later they will exceed the percentage of bitcoin developments. although right now the price is falling, but I still hold it and even buy more

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283
March 29, 2020, 08:19:47 AM
Which altcoins are you hodling?

I didn't sell any altcoins that I'm holding lately (i probably should), however, is it a smart idea to buy them now or wait a bit more?

What are you holding? and what will you do?
That depends... on which coins you are holding. It’s not every altcoin that’s going to be profitable, some of them are going to still fall even after now. So, if you’re going to be holding coins for a long time you should be considering the top coins. Ethereum might be a good choice, not minding that some have been saying that it has a scaling problem. Then most of these top hundred coins are also a good choice.

Other coins you should invest in are Bitcoin Cash, 0x token, XRP, Augur, etc. Mentioned Augur because it has been going up like mad recently, had up to 16% increase today.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
March 28, 2020, 06:32:46 PM
Activity: 756
Merit: 101
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
March 28, 2020, 12:42:04 PM
well if you hold it for a long time that might be good for you because the price of the altcoins that you're holding might raise up.

At the same time, it may fall. How can you know that the price will rise? Have you looked to the future?). It all depends on the project itself and news sources. I think that your proposed strategy is not the most effective. I personally would have been active in the cryptocurrency market, as you can find good movements there.
you can’t be 100% sure, but if you have been in the market for a long time then you can understand what prospects the project has. The project analysis skill appears only when you gain experience. your experience is the path to making correct predictions of pump or dump
Activity: 896
Merit: 267
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 28, 2020, 12:29:38 PM
Well hodling riskier coins can get you high profits hehe. I agree that this is rookie thinking, but i'm always hodling a few trustworthy coins and one new coin that i believe it has a bright future.
Holding some of the best coins in the market is not wrong and as we know those coins can give huge profits during a bull market, holding other coins however can be very risky, but if you took your time doing your due diligence then that is fine, but the problem is that most newbies never do anything like that and just invest in a coin based on their hype or what they read on social media and it is clear as day that is a bad idea that will soon make them lose their money.
Indeed, newbis are the type of people to follow trend due to lack of experience and knowledhe towards what altcoin should you put your money in but i think its part of their growth, they need to experience it to learn it.
Well for me i am not holding so much altcoins, my top altcoins now in my portfolio are ETH, XRP and LTC, i have other few but i am not into it as much as i do with those e altcoins i have mentioned.
Merit: 258
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 28, 2020, 11:20:03 AM

I didn't sell any altcoins that I'm holding lately (i probably should), however, is it a smart idea to buy them now or wait a bit more?

I am holding so much altcoins right now especially those altcoins that are more likely not trash and does have a chance to bounce back or rise again when the altcoin season comes. This probably the main goal of mine to establish an stocks or store an altcoin so that I would be able to have a good and high profit when the altcoins bounce back again.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
March 28, 2020, 11:14:14 AM
Well hodling riskier coins can get you high profits hehe. I agree that this is rookie thinking, but i'm always hodling a few trustworthy coins and one new coin that i believe it has a bright future.
Holding some of the best coins in the market is not wrong and as we know those coins can give huge profits during a bull market, holding other coins however can be very risky, but if you took your time doing your due diligence then that is fine, but the problem is that most newbies never do anything like that and just invest in a coin based on their hype or what they read on social media and it is clear as day that is a bad idea that will soon make them lose their money.
Activity: 311
Merit: 1
March 28, 2020, 08:33:56 AM
well if you hold it for a long time that might be good for you because the price of the altcoins that you're holding might raise up.

At the same time, it may fall. How can you know that the price will rise? Have you looked to the future?). It all depends on the project itself and news sources. I think that your proposed strategy is not the most effective. I personally would have been active in the cryptocurrency market, as you can find good movements there.
Activity: 550
Merit: 10
March 28, 2020, 01:21:10 AM
March 27, 2020, 10:06:49 AM
That’s your choice, everyone has different purpose as to why they have invested and I also don’t know which coins you have invested your money. You should study the coins and do some technical analysis; if you think the coins are going to recover later you should keep on holding so that you don’t miss out. If you feel the coin you have invested is not right for you, you can either exchange them for better coins or sell them, it’s all up to you.

I have invested in ETH, Bitcoin, ChainLink, and Stellar. I am not going to be selling yet. Over 70% of my investment is in Bitcoin, and I strongly believe they will recover, they are all already going up.

I'm buying coins for the long run at the moment, as I'm not seeking for a fast profit. I filled my bags with BAT and NWC as they have working products that will people start using sooner or later. Also holding KAVA but for different reasons.

For me, that is good enough reason to purchase the coin and hold it, as the price will increase.
And I personally start with news sources and track the market situation every day for a specific asset. The coin is growing - selling. Coin falls - buy. Good news related to the development of the project - buy. Such a simple method. And before, I also hold. There was a profit, but less.
Activity: 212
Merit: 3
March 26, 2020, 07:14:27 AM
That’s your choice, everyone has different purpose as to why they have invested and I also don’t know which coins you have invested your money. You should study the coins and do some technical analysis; if you think the coins are going to recover later you should keep on holding so that you don’t miss out. If you feel the coin you have invested is not right for you, you can either exchange them for better coins or sell them, it’s all up to you.

I have invested in ETH, Bitcoin, ChainLink, and Stellar. I am not going to be selling yet. Over 70% of my investment is in Bitcoin, and I strongly believe they will recover, they are all already going up.

I'm buying coins for the long run at the moment, as I'm not seeking for a fast profit. I filled my bags with BAT and NWC as they have working products that will people start using sooner or later. Also holding KAVA but for different reasons.

For me, that is good enough reason to purchase the coin and hold it, as the price will increase.
Activity: 490
Merit: 10
March 26, 2020, 04:59:40 AM
It's investors choice, if you are satisfied with your loss or gains you can decide to withdraw for Fiat at any time and if you are a fan of long term investment like me you won't see anything hard holding for long term, coins like cosmos chainlink BNB are good for long term
Activity: 2016
Merit: 322
March 26, 2020, 04:39:57 AM

Activity: 714
Merit: 100
March 24, 2020, 12:13:48 PM

Actually this is not good time to invest in altcoins because of the market situation. Better you can hold bitcoin rather than altcoins and it will be best choice. Bitcoin will give you enough return and If you don't want to hold bitcoin then you can choose LTC & ETH, these two coins are good to hold after bitcoin.
I am holding bitcoin, ETH,LTC,LTC and few shit coins Sad value is extremely low thats why I can't sell )
Merit: 260
March 24, 2020, 11:43:02 AM
At this point of time, I am currently holding into altcoins like Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC) and Ripple (XRP) and I am not planning to sell any of those Altcoins I do have in my portfolio for the reason that despite of what we are currently experiencing right now, I do still believe into the capacity and capability of the Altcoins I have in my portfolio to recover their prices once the market have been back to normal again which I do believe can happen after this pandemic virus or even while this situation is on going because a good project will remain on stand despite of any circumstances. As of the moment, I am planning to purchase more cryptocurrencies to put into my account while the prices are still somehow cheap and affordable and would love to keep those I hold and wait up until the market recovers for I do believe this is just a temporary situation and everything will be fine soon. So I would just stick into holding my Altcoins and will not sell any of it until market recovers.
March 24, 2020, 10:18:37 AM

Personally, I store ERD tokens. They are relatively recent in the market and have already shown good results in the technology itself. As for your question on the sale, the choice is only yours, based on technical analysis and analysts' forecasts. It's my personal opinion.
Activity: 212
Merit: 3
March 24, 2020, 08:56:06 AM
I think holding altcoins depends on which altcoins you are holding. Are you holding a token that is worthless and very low and has less than 2 million dollars in all of market cap? That may not make sense to hold it, that might be just a fun project that you wanted to invest for the fun of it but when it comes to investment that is not a good idea.

However if you hold altcoins like ethereum right now, that makes perfect sense, we have already seen it go up 40% in the very recent markets, that means ethereum has already made someone more profits than any stock could make. That is the type of altcoins you need to hold, you can still go into ethereum because between market recovering and ethereum developing we will see it go beyond 300 once again for sure, it just take some time.

Pages:
Jump to: