Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL is the only policy. - page 34. (Read 5435 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 500
June 09, 2018, 05:54:55 AM
the policy that I apply right now is to buy as much as I can and hold it, I hold some altcoins like ripples. ethereum, eos and stellar. you can also try to buy ICO coins that can potentially make you big profits later on, I recommend you to try https://alphacar.io I think this is one of the potentially popular ICO's. supported by a solid and transparent team. https://alphacar.io
You are indirectly advertising some project. I believe it is not good for this community. You must avoid recommending one particular project in open discussion.

Most of the people will buy and hold only what they are affordable to hold for long period. Because planning up to hold some huge amount of coins will not be possible for most of the people. For short-term trading anyone can buy any amount of buying and then can encash them but holding will be different scenario.
Activity: 233
Merit: 10
June 08, 2018, 08:45:36 AM
because of the market fluctuations it does not mean that we only have to hold in here.. there are a lot of ways to make profit and i do not think that holding is the only way out in here.
Activity: 336
June 08, 2018, 08:42:49 AM
Market is fluctuating today a lot . But I hope it will not continue. So I am applying HODL at this moment.
What is your policy at this current market volatility?

You can always have your own decisions in life either you will invest or sell your coins, but the best thing to do today is just hold your coins since the market price is keep on decreasing and that is the reason why you should hold your coins even longer and wait for the market to go back to normal.
Activity: 280
Merit: 18
@berytry
June 08, 2018, 08:40:11 AM
yes indeed how it works like that, holding is the best way, because if you panic sell you will lose your money. so you need to be patient and hold it until the price goes up
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
June 08, 2018, 08:37:37 AM
Market is fluctuating today a lot . But I hope it will not continue. So I am applying HODL at this moment.

Yes, me too that is the best thing to do now. There is no need to panic selling cause if you do someone else is happy to buy your dump coins. There is a perfect time to do that and that is when the the virtue of patience will reward you more.
Activity: 98
June 08, 2018, 08:32:46 AM
Of course, the HODL strategy is right! But other investment approaches can be used, such as arbitrage strategies. The main thing is not to panic and not to sell cryptocurrencies at current prices.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
June 08, 2018, 08:29:44 AM
If you are absolutely sure that the market will continue to grow constantly, And If you have a very large amount of time available, then you can choose this strategy.
Activity: 882
Merit: 502
June 08, 2018, 08:23:07 AM
It’s easy to say when you should have sold after the fact. Fact is nobody knows when the bull run ends and therefore most people either sell too early or too late. You could possibly do some type of 50/50 split and hodl half of your crypto and trade the other. After 3 months review your profits from both strategies and evaluate what works better for you. For majority the folks here trading ends up being less profitable as they just simply are not good enough to outperform the market.
Activity: 167
June 08, 2018, 08:23:01 AM
hodl is the only way for us investors not to lose our money when the market is bleeding, I think it's too risky to do tarding when the market is bleeding
Activity: 420
June 08, 2018, 08:19:07 AM
Hold does require good analysis and patience in long-term investments but for investors hold is a great strategy to look for opportunities at the highest point in search of greater profits.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
June 08, 2018, 08:13:10 AM
Holding is the only choice when almost everything in the market seems wrong. Waiting at the right time is the ideal way, but sometimes most of us are not patient enough and some are easily panics.
Activity: 574
June 08, 2018, 08:05:47 AM
I think in view of current market developments if we do not want to lose our investment, the only way we better hold some time ahead, by waiting for a good price.
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
June 08, 2018, 07:54:26 AM
This indeed is the best policy to save yourself from the hardships later .
I always say , if the whole market is drowning then there is no need of any panic , but if the coin that you invsted on is the only one which is drowning , then there is a concern situation . HODL will definitely save you from any future regrets.
I once read somewhere that when you think of the long term, it totally affects the decision you make in the short term and that is how HODLing is. The market will always fluctuate and that is where traders get the best advantage than HODLERS, but not everyone can trade obviously, so if you are investing, knowledge about the space would have helped anyone to realize that as long as you are holding for the future, you are on the right track. It is the knowledge that will help you to choose the coin you want to invest in, know how to at least follow long term patterns and make the best of the crypto space.
Activity: 336
June 08, 2018, 07:51:02 AM
I buy crypto and hodl for many months. When the market is red, it is a good opportunity to purchase crypto-currencies, which I would like to buy.
Activity: 196
June 08, 2018, 07:43:33 AM
the policy that I apply right now is to buy as much as I can and hold it, I hold some altcoins like ripples. ethereum, eos and stellar. you can also try to buy ICO coins that can potentially make you big profits later on, I recommend you to try https://alphacar.io I think this is one of the potentially popular ICO's. supported by a solid and transparent team. https://alphacar.io
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
June 08, 2018, 07:41:11 AM
Yes I agree with your point, but the market is not as volatile right now and the price of bitcoin has been hovering around 7200-8000$. I do not think that is called being volatile.
As per this market's standard, the volatility would be losing or gaining 30-40% in a day. I am sure you understand this market well by now and can well imagine what it is like to be called as volatile.
But no doubt in HODL being the best strategy provided you are holding the best coin out there.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042
June 08, 2018, 07:37:09 AM
HODL is always good. especially in the second where not everything is green. and best for a few days or weeks no check of the portfolio make. that spares the nerves  Grin
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
June 08, 2018, 07:15:29 AM

Undoubtfully, HODL is one of the most effective strategies, which I also prefer to others. I only buy and then hold until I need money for food and bills payment.
I must say that holding is one of the most effective technique and that it can help you in having some very good earning but it is not like that holding is the only possible strategy. There are not holding their coins but still they are making some very good earning by doing trading or short-term investment of money. Holding is the best option at time when the market is down.
Activity: 574
June 07, 2018, 05:31:14 PM
I'm a patient person so I'd rather to hold it first and keep on monitoring if the value increases, nothing to loose if you hold it is just a long term investment only but if the value increase I immediately sell it or trade it that's the way I play.
Activity: 588
Merit: 106
June 07, 2018, 05:23:13 PM
even then i do. I also do hold until the price is stable and make the price high. because as you said, the current price of crypto currencies is very fluctuating, unstable and difficult to predict. all chart patterns, RSI, broken candle support, can't be used. because the price is very fast changing.
Pages:
Jump to: