Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL vs Day trading - page 31. (Read 3637 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 02, 2018, 05:56:57 PM
I always view day trading VS. HODL in a similar sense to how I shape standard investment portfolios. Basically, depending on your needs. Do you want/need the money now? Day trading can have immediate higher rewards (at significantly higher risks). Is it an investment plan for a few years down the road? Go low risk (HODL) as you've got the benefit of still having potentially huge rewards.

It's really an answer that varies person to person and year to year, but certainly make yourself well informed if you plan on day trading, and always be able to afford to lose whatever you have on the table. You should never invest in anything (particularly with day trading) that you don't full understand the economics of. Day trading can also have a bit of a (bad) sense of positive reinforcement. If you happen to successfully day trade and increase your worth, it might encourage you to go higher risk in the future. Much like gambling, don't let past success cloud current bets; look at each day individually.

Activity: 74
Merit: 0
March 02, 2018, 03:17:11 PM
I think day trading is for computer algorithms and only the very best risk tolerant traders. Holding would be your best bet with limited experience. Look into swing trading. This is usually over a few weeks. Buy the rumour sell the news!
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange
March 02, 2018, 12:36:37 PM
i think day trading is the most profitable way for us to get high profit, but i believe this is just for people with high experienced and professional traders, because they are the ones who knows when is the perfect time to sell or buy, and their mind is perfect calm in making transactions, holding is much easier but that is just a passive income, we can not makes more unless we sell.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
March 02, 2018, 12:08:33 PM
Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.

I think doing daily trading has a higher risk than long-term trading because you could be stuck at a high price or can not buy when the price is cheap anymore, so it's more secure long term trading.

Day trading is also profitable but you should be professional in trading and know full information about all coins which you are going to buy. but long term investment is safe we have plenty of good coins for longterm investment just buy now and hold it. when your coins will make a good profit that time you can sell your coins, this is tension free investment.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
March 02, 2018, 11:56:15 AM
hodl better anyway but like 1-3month
if u want day trade  u need choose something like neo , its very nice for day trade becose have nice volatily , try to see on it and trade abit .
Activity: 163
Merit: 3
March 02, 2018, 08:36:35 AM
In this  time u have lucky you ask this question as market is good for buy they crypto so  my opinion is buy and  patient  if u want have good profit sell them after 6 month
Activity: 681
Merit: 507
March 02, 2018, 07:46:08 AM
Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.

Depends on what type of person you are. Can you deal with your emotions, are you able to hold drawbacks. Are you impulsive, all questions to ask before you decide to trade or hodl. Smiley
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
March 02, 2018, 07:19:45 AM

Hold works most of the time if you have chosen to invest into proper coins or portfolio. Off course bitcoin is always the first choice of investment and over the course of nine years many millionaire had formed just because of the holding process. The price of bitcoin is unidirectional and that's what get it qualified for the erection of price or market cap. So yeah I would really tell you to hold the good portfolio by researching and asking your friends. Ask them what are they holding and go through other threads which has buzz about this. :-)
Activity: 926
Merit: 100
March 02, 2018, 07:10:11 AM

I think doing daily trading has a higher risk than long-term trading because you could be stuck at a high price or can not buy when the price is cheap anymore, so it's more secure long term trading.
Activity: 329
The Exchange for EOS Community
March 02, 2018, 07:06:25 AM
I choose long-term trading because I think daily trading is more at risk of losses, the cause because it can not control emotions, maybe I am more suitable long-term trading.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 104
March 02, 2018, 06:41:24 AM
I think that the holding and day trading this is 2 completely different strategies.
In one case you wait for profit for a while. Other times you will get the profit immediately, but for this need experience and practice. Both methods can be successfully combined if there is a budget
I think that if you trade and earn on the difference in price, then what can be less than cold storage. During trading, you always monitor the exchange and are in a state of readiness before take-off or falling prices.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
March 02, 2018, 04:12:16 AM
I think that the holding and day trading this is 2 completely different strategies.
In one case you wait for profit for a while. Other times you will get the profit immediately, but for this need experience and practice. Both methods can be successfully combined if there is a budget
Activity: 252
Merit: 104
Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content
March 02, 2018, 04:00:40 AM
Only long-term holdings in order to enjoy the digital currency dividends
Not true that is mainly the plan for those who are new to the game. For those who are more seasoned you can make moves, especially given you have seen every aspect of the markets longer. Also it is worth noting the pros have proper risk management.
Activity: 53
Merit: 10
March 02, 2018, 03:44:35 AM
Only long-term holdings in order to enjoy the digital currency dividends
Activity: 392
March 02, 2018, 03:30:12 AM
In my opinion, it should be tailored to our individual lives first. If it's available a lot of time (no other busyness) to moving on crypto.. i think it's more appropriate to do day trading or do the both, it's better. But for those of us who're already have a regular job or other busyness.. i think it's more suitable to do just Hold.
For me personally i choose a hold, and because I'm not too close to trading activities also have an other busyness, well I just choose to hold/invest which more leads to a passive activities.
Activity: 387
Merit: 11
March 02, 2018, 03:29:00 AM
Day-trading is for experienced traders, so newbies should avoid it. First, trade for a longer period of time, when you have enough experience then you can do day-trading.
Activity: 576
Merit: 43
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
March 02, 2018, 03:22:53 AM

I prefer to hold and apply long-term trading rather than daily trading because with daily trading you will get more risk stuck at higher prices better play hold and play long term.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
March 02, 2018, 02:58:22 AM
If you are knowledgable in trading and have enough time to study and check the market, I would suggest you to go with trading. Trading is very profitable and have a chance to double you capital but its risky. But if you prefer for longterm then go with holding.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
March 02, 2018, 01:52:53 AM
I suggest you should experiment with the two and choose which one that favors you. Though, I think day trading can be risky in some way if you don't know how to do it right. But some traders keeps saying that its profitable, i haven't dont it to testify. If you have a good method that can make you profit with it. Then stick to it. Otherwise, move to the alternative.

I will stay in the HODL position "day trading" isn't the right time and it will only waste a lot of money in the process. I don't want to risk it.
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
March 02, 2018, 12:17:25 AM
If you don't have much experience about trading then it would be better for you to hold all your coins. Another thing you can do is to hold majority of your coins and day trade with a small amount. The amount you can afford to lose.
Pages:
Jump to: