Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL vs Day trading - page 34. (Read 3637 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 279
February 13, 2018, 10:58:02 AM
Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.

it all depends in your technical knowledge and the trading skills you have. It is not advisable in any way to day trade if you lack basic understanding of how the markets work, so to not miss the party or chances of profiting, most people just hodl knowing eventually the market will pump their bags. Everyone in crypto is a winner so far because everything appreciate it in USD value so no matter your trading skills, holding was the best option, not the most efficient, but the most recomendable. However, there's good bags to hold, and others not so good. You will always have to do your research about projects and potential growth for them, so while you educate yourself in fundamental knowledge, you might as well educate yourself in a technical approach so eventually you will stop hodling just because, and will start making more inform decisions on were you want your money to be sitting on. hodling might be the best, just as always being fed the fish, who wouldn't love that, but you should really learn about fishing if you want to sail the tidal waves Smiley
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
February 13, 2018, 10:48:06 AM
It really depends on the time you have available. If you are working a full time job, it's basically impossible to day trade. Day trading also requires a lot of skill in trading, and without this skill, you may lose more money than by just HODLing.

Yeah, it's not that easy to do day trading especially if you're a newbie in cryptocurrency. If you're not that familiar about trading, better hold whatever coins you have. Do more research and familiarize the market well. But even if you're expert with day trading, it is still less risky if you just hold your coin.

I definitely agree! Even the veterans in  crypto trading find it hard to do day trading. If you are not well experience on how the market moves, do not go into day trading. Much better do medium or long term trading. You can minimize the risks by doing it.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
February 13, 2018, 10:40:53 AM
It really depends on the time you have available. If you are working a full time job, it's basically impossible to day trade. Day trading also requires a lot of skill in trading, and without this skill, you may lose more money than by just HODLing.

Yeah, it's not that easy to do day trading especially if you're a newbie in cryptocurrency. If you're not that familiar about trading, better hold whatever coins you have. Do more research and familiarize the market well. But even if you're expert with day trading, it is still less risky if you just hold your coin.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
February 13, 2018, 10:35:56 AM
I would rather HODL.

You are already at risk with Holding and I dont want to increase that risk again by trading it. Somehow it looks like a gamble too. But only for picked coins. e.g. bitcoin and ethereum
Other coins and tokens which somehow I can afford to lose can be traded through bitcoin again then back. But it is good to separate that from your HODL savings.
MV7
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
February 13, 2018, 10:32:46 AM
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
February 13, 2018, 10:24:29 AM
Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.

Just make the test:

1. Take a paper and a pencil
2. write 10 BTC on your paper (congratulations, you now own 10 BTC)
3. Invest this BTC, note on your papers your buying prices (don't forget trading fees and withdr./deposit costs)
4. Follow your invests and sell/buy
5. Note the time you spent on trading during a day.
6. if you can't spend 20 hours a day DON'T day trade.
because day trading is more risky than holding a coin. you have to standby and allocate a long time to use day trading dude. when you buy a coin then you have to keep an eye on the market because the occasion of selling sometimes comes just a minute. yeah if you do not have a long time for this. i think don't use day trading dude. better holding your coin
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
February 13, 2018, 10:15:56 AM
It depends on many factors, and there is a large area between these two. Trading requires skills and experience. Potentially, it is more profitable than holding, but not everyone can do it. Trading is dangerous, it is equally possible to loose a lot. Actually, one can do both, hold the majority and trade small amounts, or hold bitcoins and trade altcoins. Personally, I prefer to hold all my BTC and occasionally (rarely) trade some altcoins, usually not within a day.

Day trade is more profitable like you say because we gain daily profit. But how if we dont get profit? Because its difficult.
Holding is not always low profitable because when you decide to hold and the price hit 10x or more, and it will be more profitable.
In general, since the price of coins throughout the day can change several times, it means that there is an opportunity to earn a lot more on the difference in price than passive storage.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 13, 2018, 08:16:49 AM
It depends on many factors, and there is a large area between these two. Trading requires skills and experience. Potentially, it is more profitable than holding, but not everyone can do it. Trading is dangerous, it is equally possible to loose a lot. Actually, one can do both, hold the majority and trade small amounts, or hold bitcoins and trade altcoins. Personally, I prefer to hold all my BTC and occasionally (rarely) trade some altcoins, usually not within a day.

Day trade is more profitable like you say because we gain daily profit. But how if we dont get profit? Because its difficult.
Holding is not always low profitable because when you decide to hold and the price hit 10x or more, and it will be more profitable.

Can't really compare the two that much. Day trades do have the potential of making a decent daily profit. Though it also can give you daily losses. I agree that certain skill sets would have to be applied if you're day trading. For holding, you can't hold forever and though its a lot more safe than agressive trading, you still have to study to get yourself a realistic target
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
1st of May
February 13, 2018, 08:05:07 AM

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 07:55:37 AM

Just make the test:

1. Take a paper and a pencil
2. write 10 BTC on your paper (congratulations, you now own 10 BTC)
3. Invest this BTC, note on your papers your buying prices (don't forget trading fees and withdr./deposit costs)
4. Follow your invests and sell/buy
5. Note the time you spent on trading during a day.
6. if you can't spend 20 hours a day DON'T day trade.
Activity: 798
Merit: 255
February 13, 2018, 07:51:30 AM
If you want to do say trade you need to spend more time, especially more money the more you invest the more you win more.  Day trading is so risky And especially it is also difficult but as of they say the more patience you have the more opportunity that money will come to you, that's life in trading. Well, to hodl is to become patient and to control your self in selling it, you have your own goal before sell.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 523
February 13, 2018, 07:50:04 AM
If you don't have enough time to monitor market and also don't have enough experience in trading better to hold for long term but if you want a quick earnings and can swallow the risk you can try to do day trade.
This is good advised doing day trading if you have enough time to monitor all your coins. Day trading differ from holding once you have the management skills to do these things. Holding trading is good if aiming for a huge profit unless you are sure on the coins you have.
Activity: 217
Merit: 10
February 13, 2018, 07:34:32 AM
i think trading is only for people who have enough time and patient to trade everyday, also the head to analysis the market to predict the time to sell or buy, it is much harder than just holding however the profit can be much faster and much more than just holding which is just keeping a coin for long term until the price high enough to sell.
Activity: 476
Merit: 108
February 13, 2018, 07:02:19 AM
If you don't have enough time to monitor market and also don't have enough experience in trading better to hold for long term but if you want a quick earnings and can swallow the risk you can try to do day trade.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
February 13, 2018, 06:57:59 AM
Or else you know what you are doing and knows how to do the day trading, very perfectly, apart from that I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I prefer HODLing to it and it have been working perfectly for me. Though, I heard that day trading is also profitable but with the unstable price of the coin recently, I don't think there will be much profit now,  I better hold my coins.
Activity: 336
Merit: 106
February 13, 2018, 06:40:08 AM
Trading is far more profitable and risky than buying bitcoin and holding. Traders do take advantage of the dip to buy and sell when it is pumping with a short time investment in mind and buying and holding has the mind to just hold his coin for a long time with the aim of making a high profit buy selling at the high price one time. Many that sell high at $19,000 has make good profit and they have bought again to trade when the price go up again that is the work of traders!

As compared to holding, you may profit in a short time when you are day trading. When you hold, you would have to wait for a long period of time for you to be able to acquire your profit. You may even have to wait for years. When you day trade, you may gain profit once the price has already gone up and since the nature of cryptocurrencies is very volatile, the price may go up and down at anytime. This allows you to have profits numerous times within the day even because of how frequent price changes.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
February 13, 2018, 06:30:45 AM
you need to know that traders and investors that have differences.
if the trader will buy coin at a cheap price and sell above the price when he buy. he will also sell it in a predetermined loss. to avoid greater losses.
while an investor will keep it until the price goes up far from the price when he buys. and let it go even though the price is far below.
this is just my opinion.
Activity: 966
Merit: 552
February 13, 2018, 05:43:01 AM
Depending on your strategy of investment in cryptocurrencies, if you want make long term investment just buying and holding for long time but if you want get active income daily from trading just do daily trading alternative coins. For them both are good and depending on the condition of markets in the future, if the trend of price is very strong up for long time i will hold but if the price is starting down trend, i will sell the coins even if stop loss be needed, i will do it.
Activity: 406
February 13, 2018, 05:37:09 AM
For now i would prefer to choose day trading. Since the volatile was so high in daily, seems hodl coins for long term only could get not much profit. But if you do daily trading it can have good profit. But take daily trading will have high risk, means you can lose all your asset in fast. So if you have no enough experience trading, it not recommended.
Activity: 462
February 13, 2018, 05:35:31 AM
Both strategy are required for a trader to be successful. Day trading provides you with liquidity and you get to have cash flow for short term demand while Holding secure your chances of getting rich and probably becoming wealthy as a result if your holding for many years.
Pages:
Jump to: