Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL vs Day trading - page 33. (Read 3637 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0
March 01, 2018, 02:56:04 PM
HODL is if you want to make an investment, select the coin that you believe can make a lot of profit later. HODL maybe 2-5 years then you can sell them, of course we hope can make a lot of profit and day trading you can choose the coin that have a huge volume because there is a lot of transaction and you can take profit from there, but you must do survey first which coins that can make a lot of profit. And the last day trading is not easy just buy dip sell high.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
March 01, 2018, 02:44:39 PM
Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
Holding is safer and easier, day trading is harder and riskier, holding is a good option for those that lack the time or the knowledge to trade or that simply want to let their money invested in a few good coins and do not worry too much about it, day trading is for those that are willing to dedicate the time to the craft and that accept the fact they may incur losses but with the benefit their profits can be bigger than what the holders get.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
March 01, 2018, 12:10:40 PM
Always HODL.. I know a guy who lost $5k trying to day trade. Every way has their risks and you should choose the comfortable way for yourself. I practised in HODL and in daily trade and for me HODL is rather profitable.
Activity: 658
Merit: 106
March 01, 2018, 11:08:12 AM
Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.

It's all depend on your strategy on how you can handle the risk, day trading is profitable but you need to know what's the movement of the price, and become a holders is better if you don't have any experience in tradibg because you really don't care what the price is.
Activity: 10
March 01, 2018, 11:07:32 AM
HODL is better because the future of BTC is so bright.
But short term situation is little bit dangerous.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 10:41:31 AM
Day trading for me gives little profit since its like a scenario a pump and dump traders does unlike when you do long term holding, there is an evidence that the longer you hold a coin, the higher it will appreciate. Like in bitcoin if you hold it a year ago you could have earn very well now. You can also try buying this time and wait till it reach $20000 again.
Basically yes, doing daily trading are having big risk to lose more money because pump and dump doing every time. For long holders, they will ignore the price trend, because from the beginning they did want to get a lot of profit in a long time. However, since the use of Bitcoin for the transaction tool in the real store has begun to be restricted, the price of the commodity starts to decline or it could be as it did in last year, the increase will start from May to November this year.
Activity: 238
Merit: 108
February 13, 2018, 05:33:39 PM
Day trading for me gives little profit since its like a scenario a pump and dump traders does unlike when you do long term holding, there is an evidence that the longer you hold a coin, the higher it will appreciate. Like in bitcoin if you hold it a year ago you could have earn very well now. You can also try buying this time and wait till it reach $20000 again.
Activity: 32
February 13, 2018, 05:19:48 PM
I think you can get more profit if you do day trading but is way more risky. HODL is a safe posture for sure but also depends on the coins where you have your money
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
February 13, 2018, 04:49:02 PM
HODL has an advantage-it's quite profitable and takes little time.

Hodl takes little time? Hodl in my book means that you sit on your coins for at least a year, regardless of the market conditions, and definitely not less than that. What you are referring to is buy low sell high, which has nothing to do with hodl at all. I personally find it more fitting to be considered slow trading.

But there is one drawback - if you have little working capital, then for a long time you cannot keep a coins.

Lol, first you say that hodl takes little time, and now you consider that hodl has a drawback being that it isn't long term viable for someone with a lower free to use capital. I think you should do a bit more research on what various terms actually mean, because hodl isn't what you think it is.
Activity: 94
February 13, 2018, 04:17:34 PM
There are no certain answer to this kind of question. What is possible to say is that much more people are better off with a buy and hold strategy. But if you have experience and are a profitable trader, then you’ll be able to make it in crypto as well.
Just don’t make the mistake and think that you are smarter than the majority and that you can beat the crypto market with a trading strategy over a buy and hold strategy. He humble and spend time learning, before starting to trade actively.
Activity: 94
February 13, 2018, 04:16:56 PM
There are no certain answer to this kind of question. What is possible to say is that much more people are better off with a buy and hold strategy. But if you have experience and are a profitable trader, then you’ll be able to make it in crypto as well.
Just don’t make the mistake and think that you are smarter than the majority and that you can beat the crypto market with a trading strategy over a buy and hold strategy. He humble and spend time learning, before starting to trade actively.
Activity: 224
February 13, 2018, 03:32:50 PM
It will always depend on your capability and skills to do so. If you do not have experience in trading, it's better to hold.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
February 13, 2018, 03:24:02 PM
HODL has an advantage-it's quite profitable and takes little time. But there is one drawback - if you have little working capital, then for a long time you cannot keep a coins. But if you buying and sell coins - the daily risk is higher, but the capital turns around faster. Everyone chooses a way for their skills and abilities.
Activity: 294
Merit: 36
February 13, 2018, 02:52:11 PM
It depends on many factors, and there is a large area between these two. Trading requires skills and experience. Potentially, it is more profitable than holding, but not everyone can do it. Trading is dangerous, it is equally possible to loose a lot. Actually, one can do both, hold the majority and trade small amounts, or hold bitcoins and trade altcoins. Personally, I prefer to hold all my BTC and occasionally (rarely) trade some altcoins, usually not within a day.

That's right. Also, it depends on your goal. Holding is more of a long term type of venture wherein you buy promising coins and hold them out for months or even years at a time until they gain substantial value, thus, come the time they have enough value, you can sell them or trade them for profit. On the other hand, day trading is a short term venture; you buy low valued coins and trade them actively in a matter of days or weeks to be able to gain small but good profit. The key here is getting more of those coins, so even if you could trade or sell them for a small gain, the quantity would give you fair profit.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
February 13, 2018, 02:14:54 PM

Holding of bitcoin for your future is always good.
We know the price of bitcoin will reach 100,000$ soon.We can choose the bitcoin to inverse our money.
If you want to buy bitcoin means,day trading is always good.Because ,in the day time the price of bitcoin will be low as come to the end of the day.I was holding nearly 0.05 btc in my wallet for the price to reach the maximum value.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
February 13, 2018, 02:11:02 PM
It really depends on the time you have available. If you are working a full time job, it's basically impossible to day trade. Day trading also requires a lot of skill in trading, and without this skill, you may lose more money than by just HODLing.

Yeah, it's not that easy to do day trading especially if you're a newbie in cryptocurrency. If you're not that familiar about trading, better hold whatever coins you have. Do more research and familiarize the market well. But even if you're expert with day trading, it is still less risky if you just hold your coin.

I definitely agree! Even the veterans in  crypto trading find it hard to do day trading. If you are not well experience on how the market moves, do not go into day trading. Much better do medium or long term trading. You can minimize the risks by doing it.

The well seasoned traders are able to allocate much of their time in trading because they rely on the income which they get from this. Some even consider this as a regular job because trading has been very profitable for them. This isn’t for everyone and if you’re not the type of person who can control their emotions and at the same time, be always updated of the prices then I think this is not for you. In day trading, you would be able to profit much faster as compared to hodling but there is much more risk because you may lose your money faster as well.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
February 13, 2018, 01:34:09 PM

In my experience, I found that holding Bitcoin or other crypto currencies will give you much income and very hassle free because you are just awaiting for the prices to go  down to buy and then hold until you have reached the desired income.
On the other hand, day trading is also good however you really need to keep yourself updated on what Altcoins or when will the prices goes up and you must be very quick and decisive whether to sell or buy. It looks like hassle but in the long run you will cope up with the movements of prices in trading.
For me, as long as you are earning income and you really like what you do, just go for it and you can never go wrong about it because you enjoy trading or holding. Goodluck!
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
February 13, 2018, 01:03:40 PM
Hodl is the best thing to do in trading. Because in hodling, you got to find a good position that you'll hold for the long term. And that is greater profits than what you can earn from day trades.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
February 13, 2018, 01:02:48 PM
I agree with some here that you need to be a skilled trader to do trading, holding is much easier to deal with because you will just buy a certain coin and not sell them for a couple of months or years while day trading would need knowledge especially in the technical analysis part and would need lots of time waiting for the pump and dump of the coin.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
February 13, 2018, 12:09:53 PM
For me depend on the circumstances, if the market conditions are good for trading I would do it, but if the market conditions move downhill I do not dare to do. However for hodl I always do it because this is the safest way of investing or trading in cryptocurrency.But the weakness of hodl we have to be patient and not be fooled by the various information that comes, stay calm and believe the price of coins will be high in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: