Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL vs Day trading - page 35. (Read 3637 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 15
February 13, 2018, 05:35:02 AM
Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
If you have experience in trading then of course trading, so you can quickly increase your deposit. Especially in recent times on such corrections. Hold it in principle, as well as trade only passive, bought and forgotten, for beginners, then, of course, the asset must be promising!
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 05:32:21 AM
As one of the options for trading, try using free software that automates this process. They allow you to reduce the marginal loss in the drawdown rate.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
https://adonx.one
February 13, 2018, 04:12:06 AM
Actually which profitable depend on the situation of the market, When any bad news and many FUD day trading will be more profitable than hodling. But for day trading we have to spend more time for that because we should be doing buy n sell many time and also use cut loss strategy when any bad news to minimize the risk.
Activity: 882
Merit: 282
February 13, 2018, 03:46:21 AM
Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
Trading is far more profitable and risky than buying bitcoin and holding. Traders do take advantage of the dip to buy and sell when it is pumping with a short time investment in mind and buying and holding has the mind to just hold his coin for a long time with the aim of making a high profit buy selling at the high price one time. Many that sell high at $19,000 has make good profit and they have bought again to trade when the price go up again that is the work of traders!
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
February 13, 2018, 03:13:45 AM
You can earn much much more in day trading compare to holding but its more riskier if you don't know the flow of the market.
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
February 13, 2018, 03:02:20 AM
Using bots (e.g GunBot) could help for trading but unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't recommend day trading. Hodling is better If you're not in a rush for profit.
Have you ever used bots? I am a bit confused about bots. Users of these third parties are very divided. Could you give a bit more insights of your personal experience if you have one, please?
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
February 13, 2018, 02:56:30 AM

It will always depend on your capability and skills to do so, if you are not confident on trading then better to invest and hold on it. Don't seek for easy money through trading cause its risky specially to those who have no knowledge on that. Holding is one of the best and easiest way to earn profit, so I suggest start on holding and if you are knowledgeable enough then start to trade.
Activity: 453
Merit: 104
February 13, 2018, 02:27:03 AM
I suggest you to hold. Day trading is not so good. For me its only gambling in trading platform. Buy coins which only have good fundamentals. Try to find coin which can give you pasive income. I will give you an information, there is ICO of Dimension Network it is trading platfom. If you buy the token then you will get pasive income in certain period. The ICO is live now. You can earn income without do day trading.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
February 13, 2018, 02:20:39 AM
I am now playing both roles as hodler and trader Wink

This is really possible specially when you are holding great coins and trading with the small coins. Day trading requires more time but not necessary needs to be monitored every second. Holding on the other hand is good for those who don't have background much on trading so I think it will always depend on your skills and knowledge, better to know what is more important to you.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
February 13, 2018, 01:51:49 AM
each of these methods have their own advantages and disadvantages.

HODL or long term investment:
pros: it is easy to do, you don't have to worry about short term fluctuations, the risk is also lower, you only need a cold storage to securely store your coins, and you only need to find a solid investment like bitcoin.
cons: the profit will be big but not as big as day trading and  your choice needs to be good. if you choose a wrong thing to invest like an altcoin and that goes down in the long term you just locked up your money and not only made no profit but also lost a lot.

day trading:
pros: it can be very profitable because the market is very volatile and there are lots of huge pumps in altcoins which can give you a lot of profit, you have a lot of choices and even if you make a wrong one you can pull out immediately and prevent big losses and put the money in another thing to cover the small loss and make more profit.
cons: it is hard to do and it is time consuming, it is highly risky not just because of the way market works but also because exchanges are not trusted!
Activity: 924
Merit: 255
February 13, 2018, 12:35:12 AM
Basically both are can obviously be profitable, adjusting it with your basic skills and existing conditions. Success lies in our personality responding to everything and deepening something that must be learned more deeply to mastering it.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
ICO Advisor | Top 15 ICOBench Expert
February 13, 2018, 12:05:04 AM
I am now playing both roles as hodler and trader Wink
Activity: 1022
Merit: 363
February 12, 2018, 11:31:49 PM

Hodling is the best option for me.Although I have day trade as well in the past. But I just prefer to have a steady income and not focus on my trading career as I have a job outside of crypto's.

But if you just want to feel how to be a trader, I advise you to try it with small amount and see how it goes for you. Hodling eliminates the headaches and frustration not to mention that amount of money you could possible lost because it's very risky.

Nope I cannot agree with the eliminating the headaches and frustration thing there since actually hodling is mind battle since if you see that the coin you hodl are down for 60-80% i'm so sure that you cannot sleep with good sound with it. And hodling is just for emotional hardened guys since as you said doing this kind of act is so distrubing and people can handle the pressure bare with it should only do an day trading which I can be called as safe way method of trading if proper act will be executed by the person who do it.
Activity: 136
Merit: 11
February 12, 2018, 11:31:20 PM
I prefer daily trades because the coins I bought do not include big coins like bitcoin or ethereum so I'm not so brave to hold this little coin every day, at least 1% -5% of my target in getting profit in daily trade.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
February 12, 2018, 11:23:27 PM

Cryptocurrency market is volatile that's why there are many trading opportunities you can take. It depends on your risk appetite what kind of trader do you want to be. Day trading can be stressful but in exchange of that, you can become knowledgeable in the crypto market in which you take your losses as tuition fee in learning so that later on , you will be able to hone your skills and become profitable in the future. If you are busy and cannot dedicate time in trading then you can just choose to hold your coin because there is a chance that its value will grow in the future if you are holding a coin that has a lot of potential.

Some traders choose to hold their coin instead of day trading it because emotions are hard to control when trading and there is a tendency that they will lose more than be in profit by being emotional that's why they chose to just wait for the price to grow whenever it may be. They said if they just hold their coin then they have more profits than trading it but if you know what you are doing then you can be profitable in day trading too.
copper member
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
February 12, 2018, 11:07:48 PM
For now daily trading is more profitable than holding for the long term, because the price of all coins lately is very significant increase and decrease every day, so it is very good to be made profits Grin
Activity: 32
February 12, 2018, 10:49:10 PM
I am holding but not for long xD No day trading for me, for sure, but I buy with a target to sell within 3 month.
Activity: 294
Merit: 14
February 12, 2018, 10:48:04 PM
I would suggest to hold your coins. Day trading is quite risky for a newbie and besides you won't be able to feel the profit from day trading because aside from the fee you have to pay every time you trade, the increase of price in daily basis is not that drastic. The best way to grow your money is by keeping it in your wallet and waiting for its increase after a few months or even years. Just make sure that you invest in a coin that has a high potential of growing in the future. Choose coins that are perfect for long term investments and you are good to go  Wink
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833
February 12, 2018, 09:07:08 PM

Hodling is the best option for me.Although I have day trade as well in the past. But I just prefer to have a steady income and not focus on my trading career as I have a job outside of crypto's.

But if you just want to feel how to be a trader, I advise you to try it with small amount and see how it goes for you. Hodling eliminates the headaches and frustration not to mention that amount of money you could possible lost because it's very risky.
Activity: 28
February 12, 2018, 08:50:44 PM
Thank you guys for the opinion. Really appreciate it. 🤙🤙🤙
Pages:
Jump to: