Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL vs Day trading - page 36. (Read 3637 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
February 12, 2018, 12:05:14 PM
Day trading is too risky if you are a newcomer. But even not, i agree its too tough. I cannot do it. Better i prefered to a holding altcoins. At least you are comfortable. Its up to you when you want to sell it. It makes you more calm.
Activity: 27
February 12, 2018, 11:57:10 AM
Day trading is super risky, but can be done if you want to spend all day working on your position. I'm not a fan of it and believe that it leads to market manipulation and a less stable price for coins across the board. Personally I am hodling my portfolio to experience long term gains without spending every second of the day updating my portfolio.
Activity: 98
February 12, 2018, 11:51:56 AM
Day trading I mean live trading, not for everyone. Only for them who know about the market well and who can analyze market well. It is very tough for a newcomer. You may lose your money if don't know well about the market. But HODL trading for everyone, it is very easy for them who have enough patience. Just buy good coins, not shit coins and HODL them until you think that profits enough for you.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
February 12, 2018, 11:04:04 AM
Not good choice if you do day trading because you will spend more fees than holding and waiting for the higher price before sell..
Also the benefits of holding coins is to get the maximum profit you can get.. if you bought them in low price ..
And honestly you can't monitor them in time to time.. If you are investing in bitcoin i suggest you to hold but there are some altcoins are sometimes the price is getting worst if you still holding them. So what should you do is to investigate if they had a solid devs that you think in the future that the price can increase higher.. there are lots of coins honestly are getting increase its value for long run ..
Activity: 44
February 12, 2018, 10:45:15 AM
I'm always torn between the two. Half of me wants to try day trading and once I go in, my other half tells me to just hold and put in new money. In the long run, I end up holding and cost averaging
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
February 12, 2018, 10:02:17 AM
Depends also on the country you live in. Inform yourself if you have to pay tax on trades. In many european countries, you will have to pay tax when you aren't holding the coin for at least one year.

I prefer holding. I just look for interesting projects and hold them long term.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
February 12, 2018, 10:01:07 AM
Using bots (e.g GunBot) could help for trading but unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't recommend day trading. Hodling is better If you're not in a rush for profit.
Activity: 114
Merit: 26
Z
February 12, 2018, 09:53:22 AM
It depends on many factors, and there is a large area between these two. Trading requires skills and experience. Potentially, it is more profitable than holding, but not everyone can do it. Trading is dangerous, it is equally possible to loose a lot. Actually, one can do both, hold the majority and trade small amounts, or hold bitcoins and trade altcoins. Personally, I prefer to hold all my BTC and occasionally (rarely) trade some altcoins, usually not within a day.
Activity: 28
February 12, 2018, 09:36:53 AM
Hi. Just wanted to know u guys opinion of do the day trading and hold. Thank you in advance.
Pages:
Jump to: