Pages:
Author

Topic: Hold Bitcoins or buy Altcoins with it - page 7. (Read 2802 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
December 22, 2017, 08:34:18 PM
Should I hold Bitcoins Or should I buy Altcoins with it.
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?

Always wise to diversify. Buy alts, BTC. Buy real gold too. Throughout history gold has been a store for value. Gold is getting cheaper too, thanks to crypto.
Activity: 53
Merit: 10
December 22, 2017, 04:46:20 PM
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?

Luckly I turned my BTC to Litecoin at 15.5K worth, you should earn by it's fluctation and buy em back.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1232
December 22, 2017, 04:45:32 PM
I always hold some Bitcoin even if it's small amount but I hold it for very long term.
I use most of my money by buying altcoins. When I make a profit I sell that altcoin and look for another one. If you make this rotation you can make money. If you buy a coin and wait all the time you can't take profit.
Activity: 531
Merit: 250
December 22, 2017, 03:47:26 PM
Take 5-10% of your BTC, read a BUNCH of whitepapers, and invest evenly over the 10 best alts under $1. Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
December 22, 2017, 01:23:37 PM
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?

Holding coins is just for the experienced, patient investor who won't panic at drop and won't sell at any rise.

If you have this kind of attitude towards crypto, them create a diverse portfolio including BTC, a few top 20 coins and a few top 100-200 coins.

Then relax and carry on with your life without stressing about the hype or the end of the world announcements.
Activity: 168
Merit: 29
Digital Wealth Management Platform
December 22, 2017, 10:27:21 AM
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?
What if you take both, because I think both are very good. You can while holding bitcoin and buy a little altcoin from the bitcoin you have, and you can freely use the altcoin you buy. because altcoin is an alternative way to get bitcoin

I agree with the idea to do both if you have enough money to invest another Altcoins but if you only have to choose only one option that would be holding your coins if the best option as I did.
Merit: 29
Digital Wealth Management Platform
December 22, 2017, 10:23:45 AM
For me I choose to hold my coins because I want to get more profit next year. I have some coins that has a very good price and I'm expecting good profit from them by the end of 2018.
Activity: 606
Merit: 108
December 22, 2017, 10:05:21 AM
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?
What if you take both, because I think both are very good. You can while holding bitcoin and buy a little altcoin from the bitcoin you have, and you can freely use the altcoin you buy. because altcoin is an alternative way to get bitcoin
Activity: 304
Merit: 100
December 22, 2017, 09:48:59 AM
For me, it is better to hold bitcoin rather than buying altcoins because bitcoin is 100% profitable and safe compared to most of altcoins which are not safe and profitable. If you already had a bitcoin, do not trade it to altcoins, you already had the most powerful cryptocurrency so why are you going to trade it to its subordinates. Bitcoin can live by itself, compared to other altcoins which depends on btc or eth. I think you can buy altcoins using your fiat not your bitcoin because it is better to lose fiat than bitcoin.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
December 22, 2017, 09:05:34 AM
I think it would be better to invest in both because either Bitcoin or Altcoin now have the same progress to grow and develop in the future and it seems that both investment with 50% each is wise enough.
Activity: 407
Merit: 101
December 22, 2017, 08:02:12 AM
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?
it is an option you should choose yourself, because it will determine your future. but if I may advise to trade with btc you have and buy altcoins.
Activity: 276
Merit: 23
December 22, 2017, 06:17:31 AM
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?

I think that HODL Bitcoin is nowadays obsolete. Altcoins offer today a better chance of obtaining lambo style results. Also, the weight of Bitcoin in the market is today a problem for this industry to grow. It has been a great coin, but now...
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
December 22, 2017, 06:10:35 AM
I think Bitcoin is at the bottom now. Altcoins are still not at the bottom...
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
December 22, 2017, 06:02:17 AM
If the altcoins are at the bottom, then you can safely buy them. But do not get in with the entire deposit. I would distribute it this way: 50% investing in bitcoin and 50% investing in 5-10 altcoins
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
December 21, 2017, 09:30:50 AM
Hold 75% of bitcoin and  buy 25% good and potential altcoins. In think this way your investment are safe. Because you will earn if you hodl bitcoin and you are lucky and been careful with choosing the right altcoins you will definitely earn also because people are becoming more aware with other cryptos that demand has been rising nowadays.
Activity: 322
Merit: 31
December 21, 2017, 09:18:13 AM
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?
buy altcoins they have many growth potential is much higher than that of bitcoin, good luck.
Activity: 406
Merit: 132
December 21, 2017, 09:03:21 AM
Definitely, if you keep the bitcoins, you will earn, but you can earn more in Altcoy, so it is tempting to buy altcoyins, but they can also fall quickly, it's a game for traders, it's better just to keep bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
December 21, 2017, 07:15:42 AM
We need someone to make a comparison between 2 portfolios:

A) 10 btc

B) equally distributed over 100 altcoins, each now worth 0.1 btc

I would bet on portfolio B

I would also bet on portfolio B. No question about that. In statistical terms, the probability for a BTC crash is lower than the probability of 100 alt crashing.

Besides, everytime BTC plummets the alts rise!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
December 21, 2017, 05:03:16 AM
We need someone to make a comparison between 2 portfolios:

A) 10 btc

B) equally distributed over 100 altcoins, each now worth 0.1 btc

I would bet on portfolio B
That would be a very huge portfolio, but considering someone who already did it on this forum as an experiment with $1000, it seems like something that is paying him a lot after some days. https://buyandhold100crypto.com/buy-and-hold-100-crypto-for-5-years-the-experiment/
I am impressed though that someone had to take the entire step into doing that and monitoring his portfolio with cointracker or so.

Diversification is always a good thing in every investment, while some are doing well, the others may still be stagnant for a while but in the long run, they will still end up doing great.

A lot of alts have increased so huge just in some couple of days even more than bitcoin, but the only shit about them is that they can end up getting dumped as high as they could go which is what makes it a more risky environment than bitcoin.
Merit: 100
Decentralized Escrow currency for Crypto world
December 20, 2017, 01:27:31 AM
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?

I have done both. I am holding my bitcoins, then, sometimes I also sell it in the right timing. I then buy it with ethereum, then sell it again at the right timing. This cycle repeats every time and I am gaining enough profit from it.
Pages:
Jump to: