Pages:
Author

Topic: Hold Bitcoins or buy Altcoins with it - page 3. (Read 2802 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 100
June 08, 2018, 06:51:44 PM
This is a very interesting question. I think that everyone develops his own strategy, which helps him to earn big money. And that is why it is very difficult to give advice.
Activity: 736
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 08, 2018, 06:50:17 PM
Bitcoin is a the best and safest crypto coin so it is important to have a core holding in it. For higher gains, put the rest of money in good altcoins and ICOs.
Yes always have a bitcoin in your portfolio together with altcoins because bitcoin have a big potential to be adopted and use in the future as a payment method and if you are going to have altcoins make sure you study it well so that you didn't regret for the outcome of it but always encourage to hold it because you know that it have a potential to grow that can give you a big profit in the future.
Activity: 300
Merit: 10
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
June 08, 2018, 06:34:39 PM
Should I hold Bitcoins Or should I buy Altcoins with it.
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?
I advise you to continue holding Bitcoin if you want to have great profit in the future. Bitcoin is the king of the market, with the benefits that it gives us, I believe Bitcoin will grow in strength and value in the future. Currently Bitcoin is in trouble, prices have fallen deeply, fluctuating in about $ 7600 and there are no signs of recovery. However, I believe this is just a market fluctuation. Bitcoin will quickly recover in the next few months and prices will rise again. I hope this year Bitcoin price will be over $ 25,000
Activity: 210
Merit: 5
June 08, 2018, 06:26:05 PM
I'll buy altcoins it's betterfor me , everyone should choose himself, but this is an opportunity to earn more, but the risks are much greater.
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
June 08, 2018, 05:38:05 PM
Bitcoin is a the best and safest crypto coin so it is important to have a core holding in it. For higher gains, put the rest of money in good altcoins and ICOs.
Activity: 52
Merit: 1
June 08, 2018, 05:35:56 PM
I think that at any given time it is always good to diversify our investment portfolio, to avoid putting all our eggs in the big basket called bitcoin. It is obvious that the growth potential of bitcoin at $ 8,000 will never be the same as an altcoin below $ 1.00, so it is a good idea to look for good altcoins to invest.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
January 16, 2018, 11:43:51 PM
It depends on you. most of Bitcoin and altcoins are dumping now. but this do not show the right value of them. Their price will come back soon.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
January 16, 2018, 07:44:43 PM
One of the most important rules while investing is: do not put all eggs in one basket. So if you so far only have Bitcoin (which should have brought great returns of your investment already) it would be advisable to diversify your portfolio now. I would invest at least 50% of the current Bitcoin holdings into promising alts. As the bull run on altcoins has only begun, this can be very profitable in the near future.
It depends on the amount of bitcoin you have, if you have little bitcoin then you cannot invest in many projects or the fees are going to eat all your bitcoin, so we need a minimum amount of money in order to be able to invest effectively in altcoins, now you could risk everything in a single altcoin but that goes against your principles of diversification.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
Bounty Detective
January 09, 2018, 09:07:59 AM
for me i will hold bitcoin for a long term. then spare
some for Ethereum . so that i got plan  b if
btc falls
Activity: 504
January 09, 2018, 08:40:47 AM
I already translated 70% it brief-case in altcoins. In 2018 on altcoins it will be possible to do good пpoфит, they will give much XXXX. I think Bitcoin will difficult farther show a large height
Activity: 322
January 09, 2018, 08:37:34 AM
The best variant sell bitcoins when the price for altcoins in satoshi is low. After wait when price for altcoins will be "x" in satoshi and by bicoin at lower level.
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
January 09, 2018, 08:06:34 AM
Holding BTC is an investment strategy based purely on the believe the market value will keep on rising and a BTC/fiat pairing will keep on growing. Who knows? It might be a good strategy, but it's not enough for me.

Holding a PoW coin has a significant downsize; the number of coins will remain static over time!

On the other hand, holding a PoS coin might be a better strategy in the sense that over time the number of coins will grow in your wallet due to the minting mechanism. Combining this with the probability of value increase and you have a double wining solution.

On top of this, you might consider the possibility of holding a PoS v3 coin and setting up a masternode. Then, things would get really interesting...

Check out DMD's current stats:

Impressive, isn't it?

Conclusion: Hold some BTC, but diversify and get some PoS coins.

Activity: 112
January 08, 2018, 04:46:42 PM
If you want a true profit like  x100 or more, you have to buy coins which are on less known exchanges and wait out.
(ITNS) Intense coin is one of them, i am holder of this coin and i strongly believe after it hits a larger exchange it will skyrocket. i got in on it then price was 30sat, recently it was at 420 ATH.
It is a privacy coin and  2018 will be about privacy coins. Devs are working on decentralized VPN client so the coin will have purpose.
Give it a look
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-intense-coin-blockchain-backed-decentralized-vpn-hybrid-pow-2090765
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/intensecoin/
Activity: 909
Merit: 508
January 08, 2018, 03:57:16 PM
I habe two strategies: A longterm portfolio, funded woth 2/3 altcoins and 1/3 altcoins. The second strategy is trading with a fund as daytrader for growing Bitcoin funds. I try to make little profits every day, based on BTC as basic currency. So I invest on dunped currencies an sell them at their highs.
For daytrading very small funds should be enough, because I have a nice calculation.
When you get it managed to make a small profit of 3% every day, you would for example have with an initial invest from 100$ after one month already 242$ and after two months even 589$ and so on.
Activity: 238
January 08, 2018, 03:48:06 PM
One of the most important rules while investing is: do not put all eggs in one basket. So if you so far only have Bitcoin (which should have brought great returns of your investment already) it would be advisable to diversify your portfolio now. I would invest at least 50% of the current Bitcoin holdings into promising alts. As the bull run on altcoins has only begun, this can be very profitable in the near future.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
January 08, 2018, 03:29:32 PM
I have have 50% of my investments in BTC, 30% in "lower risk" altcoins such as XMR and LTC and with the rest I'm speculating on "high risk" altcoins with low market cap and supply basically achieve faster and bigger gains than with BTC. I definitely recommend to diversify!
Activity: 63
Merit: 1
January 08, 2018, 03:26:22 PM
Do both is good. You will learn much by do that both option and also there is any benefit from it. Your value in USD will look stable.

I'm with this guy. I still buy into altcoins, but not with my (principal) BTC investment. The bitcoin investment is there expecting long term stable-ish growth over the next 5-10 years. Altcoins I'm looking at with a 3-6 month investment (for sketchier ones) or 1-3 year investment (for less sketchy ones). Only altcoin I'm holding that I still expect to hold in 5 years is DeepOnion
Activity: 98
Merit: 23
January 08, 2018, 03:23:24 PM
I think you should buy Altcoins with it. Bitcoin is cooling down I think but the altcoin market is getting a lot of attention. Now is a good time to buy.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
January 08, 2018, 02:55:29 PM
Just 80/20, put an eighty percent on altcoins, and the other twenty percent on bitcoin, because of the current movements on the market we can really say that altcoins are increasing much more faster than bitcoin.

Just do not forget that investing in altcoins is also more risky if you do that the risk of your portfolio is going to be very high especially if most of the investment in altcoins is done in projects that are not well established, so while the profits of investing in altcoins are great at the same time the losses can be devastating especially for someone that is just starting to invest in crypto.
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
January 08, 2018, 06:02:45 AM
It's actually up to you, if you feel you would gain much with Altcoins, you can sell your Bitcoin - you will find huge customers to buy your Bitcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: