Pages:
Author

Topic: Hold Bitcoins or buy Altcoins with it - page 6. (Read 2802 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
December 28, 2017, 01:41:52 AM
bitcoin seems unpredictable right now, I'm still holding some but afraid to invest in alts right now from the ups and downs.
Activity: 7
December 28, 2017, 01:40:55 AM
Should I hold Bitcoins Or should I buy Altcoins with it.
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?

It's great to always have some bitcoins because they are the most stable and reliable, and you usually need bitcoins in order to buy any altcoins. So I think its a good idea to have bitcoins available when you find an alt coin you want to invest in.

Similar to stocks, it's a good idea to have a diversified portfolio. Alt coins are similar to penny stocks to me in the sense that they are much riskier but have a greater potential for profit.
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
December 28, 2017, 01:33:08 AM
I say 50/50. Invest in both BTC and good altcoins. Investing in good altcoins has I think faster ROI, of course when you really researched about the coin youre gonna invest to. BTC is a long term investment.
Activity: 132
Merit: 10
December 28, 2017, 01:05:56 AM
Feels more likely to follow bitcoin down to a final correction than go up. But that's based on gut feel rather than analysis. I don't see this overall correction being this short.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
December 28, 2017, 12:19:44 AM
do you think just look where that is more promising. If I then prefer the altcoin because of the match if used in the long term or short term. If the price is already high because of the bitcoin is surely difficult to climb higher again.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
December 27, 2017, 11:30:57 PM
Holding bitcoin and buying altcoins at the same time will do you nothing but good. As a matter of fact, will do you super good. This is a win-win situation. Bitcoin is here to stay although it's value is like a see-saw (up-down) but nevertheless it is a really good investment. On the other hand there were altcoins that are showing possibilities that you can use for trading.
Activity: 72
December 27, 2017, 06:46:04 PM
Sold my Bitcoins to diversify into different trusted alt coins. I think alt coins are cheap enough right now so I took my chances.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
December 27, 2017, 06:39:30 PM
According to my opinion if you have enough knowledge regarding trade then also buy some altcoin and hold them,If totally depend upon one coin mean you limit the resources.Some part hold Bitcoin for long time some part of investment trade in altcoins to grow your income.
Activity: 112
December 27, 2017, 05:55:58 PM
hold both and sleep easier at night Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
December 27, 2017, 05:50:47 PM
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?
You give to us not knowledge about your current situation, are you only holding bitcoin? Because if that is the case then you need to diversify and get some altcoins, even if you only get some of the most known altcoins that is still better than nothing, however if you got a lot of altcoins and you only have a small amount of bitcoin then it may be a good idea to keep the bitcoin.
Activity: 1112
Merit: 256
December 27, 2017, 03:30:33 PM
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?

The best option is hold some bitcoin and buy alts. You can hold btc long time but if you will be need some money you will be can sell alts and still waiting when bitcoin will be more expensive to sell
Activity: 225
December 27, 2017, 02:10:52 PM
I would always suggest keeping bitcoin in your portfolio. With that being said, having some altcoins in the portfolio does give you a chance for fairly rapid growth potential. So maybe a mix of both, some bitcoin and some altcoin.

I divide it into two, one part includes bitcoin, and the other part includes altcoins. This way, I reach a balance for my coins. I don't miss price pumps and opportunities by the way.
Activity: 256
December 27, 2017, 01:19:57 PM
I would always suggest keeping bitcoin in your portfolio. With that being said, having some altcoins in the portfolio does give you a chance for fairly rapid growth potential. So maybe a mix of both, some bitcoin and some altcoin.
Activity: 342
Merit: 4
LUCRETOKEN.COM
December 27, 2017, 05:09:02 AM
better buy altcoin just because it has many types and the resulting profits certainly bigger altcoin compared bitcoin if in my opinion. because altcoin is now also getting high and start riding as well as bitcoin.
Activity: 276
Merit: 23
December 26, 2017, 07:17:31 PM
Almost all cryptocurrencies are in correction including bitcoin.Some traders are expecting altcoins to rise while the bitcoin is down but it did not happen as many altcoins also followed bitcoin downtrend. Altcoins are good to buy now but you should select the altcoin that has the growth potential in 2018 and continue to hold your remaining bitcoins.

Many alts are heavily linked to bitcoin wereas others are unlinked and even reversely correlated. A good  mix can help softening the downturns, but you have to do your research.
Activity: 276
Merit: 23
December 26, 2017, 07:15:56 PM
And Why ?

What's your take on it ?

There are two options, the lazy one is hodling. The active one is exchanging from Ether to BTC as needed and run for the ICOs. Mine is none of these... or better said, a bit of both. I only Hodl is I see long term value.
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
December 27, 2017, 04:27:46 AM
After the fork rumor, the price of bitcoin has risen. Altcoin prices have fallen again.
The markets are quite complicated. I think investing in altcoins may be a better choice at the moment
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
December 26, 2017, 09:31:45 PM
I think it would be better to invest in both because either Bitcoin or Altcoin now have the same progress to grow and develop in the future and it seems that both investment with 50% each is wise enough.

Bitcoin or Altcoin now have the same progress to grow and develop in the future
no, they arent have the same progress. bitcoin has a rapid growth while altcoins had a much slower improvements.

seems that both investment with 50% each is wise enough
it is wiser if you could just put 75% on bitcoins and 25% on the altcoins for a much better gains because bitcoins tends to deliver faster results in just a shorter time though it is also suitable for long term investments. altcoins on the other hand are best used for active trading because most of them are pretty stable.

overall id suggest is to hold bitcoins as an investment and buy altcoins for  trading and long term hodling.
Activity: 53
December 23, 2017, 05:38:03 AM
Bitcoin is likely the most stable coin in the near future. That means you can use it to limit your risk when investing to cryptocurrencies, for example putting half to BTC and the other half to a variety of altcoins. With altcoins you will have a bigger risk along with a potential for a bigger reward.
Activity: 826
Merit: 256
December 22, 2017, 10:49:52 PM
Almost all cryptocurrencies are in correction including bitcoin.Some traders are expecting altcoins to rise while the bitcoin is down but it did not happen as many altcoins also followed bitcoin downtrend. Altcoins are good to buy now but you should select the altcoin that has the growth potential in 2018 and continue to hold your remaining bitcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: