Pages:
Author

Topic: Hold or sell and buy back lower - page 19. (Read 1837 times)

Activity: 1221
Merit: 250
March 18, 2018, 05:35:25 PM
Holding is still good. But better option is holding and trading. Higher profit, with a little more sacrificed time. This is my opinion, recommend try
Activity: 469
March 18, 2018, 05:30:52 PM
I think that time that we have now is like a special occasion for all of us and waiting more for better prices will be just stupid thing, so buying now and holding as long as it will be possible is good idea.
Activity: 887
Merit: 253
March 18, 2018, 05:25:44 PM
I have a pretty similar situation at my end. I too had been following the HODL strategy, and even though it has its own benefits, but I am still unable to make any profits these days. Seeing the market crash and then recover a bit is definitely tempting. So, instead of selling my investments for loss, I have decided to put extra funds from my pocket and buy coins at a cheaper price (which is the current price). I am pretty hopeful that once the G20 summit ends, the market would see an upward trend since a lot regulatory laws for cryptocurrencies would be discussed over there.
Trading is lucrative no doubt, but requires in depth knowledge.
Making profit these days is difficult due to the downfall the market is suffering through at the market and the only way to guarantee profit is by buying more bitcoin or any other potential altcoin. We all know that digital market would be accelerating soon. This is how it has been from the very first moment. Fluctuating. Day trading is an option to earn some extra money but that won’t be an easy method. Buy more now as rates are low and hold a little longer.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
March 18, 2018, 03:26:51 PM
One thing social media tells you about buying holding or selling is that how the mass psychology is reacting, it is true said by the smart traders that do not go with the mass psychology as they mostly don't have a clue of what they're doing but it will be good to see what they're thinking to give you an idea about the public image of that coin.
Activity: 313
Merit: 1
March 18, 2018, 02:47:21 PM
There will be bounce back and i still hold small amount of altcoins i will sell after it.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
March 18, 2018, 01:59:32 PM
actually it is a simple strategy of trading but the important thing is that you have to have many skills and knowledge know when to buy and sell.

It is quite difficult to say. For the good coins like Bitcoin Cash or ETH, it is better to hold for the long term.
Activity: 479
https://streamies.io/
March 18, 2018, 01:56:50 PM
actually it is a simple strategy of trading but the important thing is that you have to have many skills and knowledge know when to buy and sell.
Activity: 318
March 18, 2018, 09:58:03 AM
According to my experience, if you think this coin is promising, it is better to hold. I have lost many coins when I sold them out and then I can not buy them back since the price never returned.
Activity: 812
Merit: 10
BountyMarketCap
March 18, 2018, 09:44:46 AM
Well market is already at a severe dip, i think it will be very risky to sell now and trying to buy even lower, just follow the basic strategy that buy low sell high, so according to this basic rule it is time to buy not sell.
Activity: 378
March 18, 2018, 09:41:41 AM
Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?
Chart tracking can be useful for the history of the prices but it is not a reliable tools to predict a market prices. The price can be dictated by the current situation and we can't force someone not to sell/dumps their tokens/coins as they have also a different strategy. You need to learn first how the market moves for a span of 1-2months so you will have the idea what should be the best strategy in a volatile market.
Activity: 364
Merit: 255
March 18, 2018, 09:36:29 AM
You should learn some TA and analyze graphs/market, etc. However, if you are a newbie trader I would not recommend to jump off from holding. You think you are missing opportunities right now, I see, but you are also missing high risk which is connected with trading. So be calm and save your money.
Activity: 837
Merit: 500
March 18, 2018, 09:27:42 AM
Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?
You can play it at both ends, hodl a portion and liquidate another to trade with so you could buy lower.
If you bought those coins still at lower price before, then better to sell them if you think it will still dip and buy it again, but if you will lose when you sell it, then better hold since we don't up to what amount it will dip.
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
March 18, 2018, 09:25:55 AM
In my own opinion, I can only tell you to sell and buy if you know how the trading market works because most times it quite hard to predict. If you intend to try selling when the price is high and buying when it is low after having calcuated your chart, there is a tendency of having quite a lot of gains but at the other hand; hold your coins if you don't know how the market works. So you don't loss.
Activity: 658
Merit: 117
March 18, 2018, 08:11:57 AM
You can play it at both ends, hodl a portion and liquidate another to trade with so you could buy lower.
Activity: 311
March 18, 2018, 07:59:05 AM
I think better to hold coins and don't try to catch every market movement. It's less risky and you can more profitable because you cant lose you coins if you made wrong choose, what more than  possible in trading
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
March 18, 2018, 07:58:11 AM
no one know what price will have the crypto tommorow , i seel many times at low price thinking will go more low and after i sell the price go up +20% in 2days  so i'm fucked twice ... this happen everytime to me  . but now is the good moment  buy cheap altcoins
Activity: 224
“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”
March 18, 2018, 07:43:45 AM

I don't think it will get much lower than this. I believe we have just hit the bottom and now the regaining of previous peaks should start. There is no reason for current decline, seems like pure speculation.
Activity: 676
Merit: 501
March 18, 2018, 07:38:30 AM
I am still holding since a bought in ATH by december, If I will sell it now, I will lose a lot of money, by the time I buy in crypto, I have high hopes to hold in a very long time. No one knows what the future holds, maybe next month good news will happen.
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
March 18, 2018, 07:00:37 AM
I really don't kno if it can go any lower
Activity: 532
March 18, 2018, 06:00:56 AM
If you have high risk tolerance then sell and buy back but don't sell all your coins as sometimes after we sell the coins we are holding its the time they pump I don't know why.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: