Pages:
Author

Topic: Hold or sell and buy back lower - page 17. (Read 1831 times)

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268
April 03, 2018, 03:32:30 AM
for me it will depend on the crypto you are holding, cause some of the cryptos now is already too low that im figuring out if it can go down more. but for me if you dont need the money, its better to hold.. rather than selling and losing profit from it then buy back again but the prices never go lower that the price you sell.
Activity: 434
Merit: 14
April 03, 2018, 02:49:35 AM
I do not find it appropriate to invest in looking at the graphs..
I think it would be more useful to follow the news about the projects instead.
Activity: 162
Merit: 10
April 03, 2018, 02:25:22 AM
What your thinking is right. The very reason why we are here in crypto is to earn. If you think selling would be beneficial for you then go for it as long as you won't regret it. Waiting for the crash will be the right time to purchase again. Just like what you said, learning how to track the market is very important.
Activity: 138
Merit: 11
April 03, 2018, 01:17:21 AM
Good question!  Wink  I think holding isn't much effective sometimes if you think in short term. If you can hold for few years then definitely there will be a good profit at the end. check the top 10 coins values in last year few years and compare with now.  Based on the projects and other news related to crypto currency market we can decide whether selling coins or not at this time. but it is not easy task. Finding top and button of the chart is the most difficult task.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
April 03, 2018, 01:06:31 AM
I bought some alt coins when they were "crashed" to very cheap price line, that was a gift I think.
I also believe that what is happening now is opportunities for wealth. We need to acquire and be patient.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
April 02, 2018, 08:36:38 PM
hold and buy back is a good job I see the current chances are good for buying coins at cheap prices, the current speculation you have to do because if we sell we get a loss.
Maybe you can sell half your assets only and use half of it to buy at a cheaper price. maybe it can cover the losses you get. but you have to make sure after you do cutlose, you buy at a cheaper price. don't let after you sell the price is getting up lol. do mature calculations first dude
Activity: 700
Merit: 117
April 02, 2018, 06:53:21 PM
We know how volatility getting strong in the market today. We cant figured it out holding to long may give us something in return cause there are so dumpers around and it ruin market everyday. Hope someday they might realize their doings.
copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
April 02, 2018, 06:16:25 PM
Somebody else posted an interesting comment in this thread:
"...so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?"

I'm curious, if you were looking for advice along these lines, what what signal to you that the person responding knows there stuff? There is so much misinformation in this space, so what helps you filter for real experts?
Activity: 728
April 02, 2018, 04:55:35 PM
in my opinion hold is very dangereus and it is not profiting. I think it is more reasonable to sell it from the top and buy  it from the dip. I think this is logical
Activity: 56
April 02, 2018, 03:48:52 PM
sell and buy back lower!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
April 02, 2018, 03:14:06 PM
if you know your coins will decreasing you shoul sell and buy back lover. It is meaningless to hold decreasing coin. but nobody knows that. It is better to do gradual process.
Activity: 658
Merit: 117
April 02, 2018, 10:39:58 AM
If you are going for long, just hold. But if you need to make more interim profits, trading and watching for candle signals can do a lot more good for your portfolio.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
April 02, 2018, 05:59:12 AM
The market for cryptocurrency in the past few days has been adjusted, especially in terms of bitcoin prices as well as other altcoins in the cryptocurrency market. Change can be good but this also creates uncertainty and can affect the psychology of investors. So, if you are a smart investor with a market that is changing in the direction of falling prices like this, you should buy as much coin as possible, keep the coin you have. And I'm sure that the price of coin will increase again and you will earn a great profit.
Activity: 28
April 02, 2018, 05:45:09 AM
perhaps if you're really experienced it could help but I think crypto often doesn't behave as the trend analysis is indicating. That said I wish I knew more about it. knowledge is never a bad thing.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
https://saturn.black
April 02, 2018, 05:29:43 AM
Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?
And then there will be even more doubts and you will decide to sell. It is better not to analyze anything, because it does not work now, it is expected as well as last year that the rise of all coins will come in a month, then it is worth densely considering all the indicators for each coin in the portfolio.
Activity: 1106
www.bitcoin.org
April 01, 2018, 12:37:08 PM
I held my Bitcoins till $11,500 and sold them immediately after it formed a double top pattern. Still holding many altcoins like ETH in loss. What I suggest you now is to HODL till it forms a double bottom pattern. If this is successful then we might see one more rally. If it breaks that then sell and enter again at lower price.
Activity: 546
April 01, 2018, 12:35:55 PM
hold, then you dont have to worry about timing.
once you sell, be sure to sit on the desk and make those right trades! Risk!
Cant do the last, then dont sell or do anything
the market is bottomming max https://www.coingecko.com/en no sign of stopping at trendlines
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange
April 01, 2018, 12:30:21 PM
i think it is a good choice if you accept to cut your losses when target is dumped below 10% of your asset and buy back again in the future as long as the price gets low,  however, you will have to choose a right time to sell because not thing can be profitable, so i believe it would be better if you choose to hold your coins for long term rather then trading everyday.
Activity: 700
April 01, 2018, 12:14:08 PM
Trying buy back on lower prices you can miss train to south. That's why now if you already bought any altcoins you should hold it waiting for recovery of the market.
Activity: 714
April 01, 2018, 10:48:14 AM
Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?

Yes, technical analysis is a good option for investing, however, if you are going to invest good amount then also do a proper research about the coin before taking any decision.
Buy coins that are cheap, and always remember hold only if you see the great potential on the coins. Always learned to analyze the market when we buy or invest. I agree, before we invest of our money always search for the best to earned profit.
Pages:
Jump to: