Pages:
Author

Topic: Hold or sell and buy back lower - page 20. (Read 1837 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 521
March 18, 2018, 05:43:06 AM
I have a pretty similar situation at my end. I too had been following the HODL strategy, and even though it has its own benefits, but I am still unable to make any profits these days. Seeing the market crash and then recover a bit is definitely tempting. So, instead of selling my investments for loss, I have decided to put extra funds from my pocket and buy coins at a cheaper price (which is the current price). I am pretty hopeful that once the G20 summit ends, the market would see an upward trend since a lot regulatory laws for cryptocurrencies would be discussed over there.
Trading is lucrative no doubt, but requires in depth knowledge.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
March 18, 2018, 04:32:13 AM
Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?

As always, monitoring and learning the chart trends of the crypto coin will always be an advantage for a trader. When you know how to analyze the flow of the crypto value, then you may know when will the increase nd decrease of its amount. So you can grab the opportunity when coin value goes higher and lower. Both can help because when it goes lower you can buy more coins and sell it when it goes higher.
Activity: 178
Merit: 0
March 17, 2018, 11:02:10 PM
The market is going down unusually. This made me very nervous. But if it was me, I would keep it. I would rather lose everything but I can not invest capital losses.
Activity: 142
March 17, 2018, 10:44:36 PM
The question equals to grow or fall, no one knows. You should not put too much into the crypto market, and finish all the investigation before you buy a coin, and then just hodl and go to work.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
March 17, 2018, 10:08:44 PM
Knowing Technical analysis is surely useful if you want to take advantage of market swings and cryptos have huge swings. Just do not try going on margin/ high leverage and do not short. Those strategies are for very experienced traders.
taking advantage of the moment is very profitable, but the way it is usually used by daily tradder, and not for long-term investment. of course this way also has a risk when we are wrong predictions which direction should up trend, but the opposite happened
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
March 17, 2018, 09:28:44 PM
I bought some alt coins when they were "crashed" to very cheap price line, that was a gift I think.

A gift for you if the price can really goes up but sometime it goes to lower again though after crashing.
Alwyas combine the analysis with fundamental which  take very strong part in run of the market.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
March 17, 2018, 09:04:09 PM
Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?

Good day! I admire those who knows how to read charts. It so confusing but it is also important that you know the history of the trades of the coins. Trades and prices just keeps repeating. That will give you the idea when to sell and when is the right time to buy. Of course other than charts there's other means to know bitcoin and alts movement.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
March 17, 2018, 08:43:08 PM
if you believe in this system and think it will rise, you can invest. you can keep what you earn from the bounty of quality and team working projects. provided you sell it in the medium and long term. (at the top prices)
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
March 17, 2018, 08:31:25 PM
For me i still holding all my altcoins that is in my portfolio and i am still waiting for their value to increase so that i can sell them in a fair rate for me to have a good profits in all of my holdings. And i am still buying some cheap altcoins in the market that i can doubled my money and earnings. And its the best time to buy altcoins that has big potential to growth in value when the time that they rise again.

Only 3 months ago I entered this world of crypto coins, I bought some cheap altcoins, but they were not good for me and I decided to sell because the price just drops
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
March 17, 2018, 08:25:45 PM
Honestly, like some here, I think holding isn't much effective in cryptocurrencies. The chart moves by hours, even minutes. Holding some promising coins only gives you some profit. On the other hand, acttively trading, or so they say, day trading, is much more effective. Yes, there is a much bigger risk in day trading but also a promise of much bigger profits.
Activity: 560
Merit: 105
March 17, 2018, 08:19:03 PM
For me i still holding all my altcoins that is in my portfolio and i am still waiting for their value to increase so that i can sell them in a fair rate for me to have a good profits in all of my holdings. And i am still buying some cheap altcoins in the market that i can doubled my money and earnings. And its the best time to buy altcoins that has big potential to growth in value when the time that they rise again.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
March 17, 2018, 08:09:54 PM

It is always very difficult to determine the best option, it would be best to follow the evolution of the currency along with the graphical analysis.
Activity: 126
Merit: 7
March 17, 2018, 08:00:28 PM
Go for martingale if you have more liquidity, i think its a good idea to buy a coin that you actually believe on the long run
Activity: 554
March 17, 2018, 07:42:34 PM

If you are holding make it sure always that you are aware if the value was getting low. Holding is not the bad strategy but make an productive strategy when you are holding bitcoin like now if you buy before high and still holding now, this is was low so this is time to add your investment in short buy, trade and est again for the future rising.
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
March 17, 2018, 06:16:52 PM
It is worth doing, you should never stop learning. As for current situation, I am waiting for a jump ( correction to bearish movement) and will sell rest of my coins,then I will be waiting for panic sell till 400$ for ETH and at this point I will enter the market
Activity: 196
March 17, 2018, 05:41:28 PM
I think hold is a lie. It requires a lot of patience. Also time. And i think it is waste of time. You have to manage your investment.
Or you have to buy coins which have good potentials , cheap prices. And learn technical analysis.
Activity: 169
Merit: 13
March 17, 2018, 05:26:25 PM
No one can actually predict the market's next move. I think the time of selling and buying back low has gone now. Because the market has already reached the worst level.
Activity: 658
Merit: 11
March 17, 2018, 04:23:03 PM
In the market there is no certainty in anything. Any action, including hold, is risky. Whatever you do, objectively prepare for it.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1002
March 17, 2018, 04:21:26 PM
In past two month I did it with almost all alts I have, because it was /it is/ a general tendency now. In almost all cases I succeed, but in few I buy backed a lot higher.

Overall I'm on a plus from those trades.
Activity: 415
March 17, 2018, 03:23:18 PM
Sell and buy back higher, that is the number 1 strategy. Selling to buy back lower is very risky unless you're sure that the price is going to fall. If it increases then you're in a tough situation.
Pages:
Jump to: