Pages:
Author

Topic: How about Vanilla coin - page 4. (Read 10160 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262
February 19, 2016, 01:45:22 PM
There are two markets for crypto currency.

1. Selling features to speculators. Never mind if these features ever get used by millions of people, because none of these altcoins are ever going to attain that.

2. Attaining millions of users.

So far, no one has done #2. I intend to do #2.

As for #1, "John" (who is this anonymous person?) hasn't given us one complete white paper yet. So therefor he is being attacked (bcz the speculation market is all about perception), and rightfully so.

If he was all about implementation, then he would have a plan for #2. As I claim I do ( Lips sealed = secret).

Right, as you claim you do. So... who are you to attack someone else when you're standing on weak ground yourself?

You entirely missed the point. Try reading again. Hint: #1 is where John is playing and #2 is where I am playing thus I am immune to foruming attacks. In #1, perception is what drives speculation.

No, I saw your point clearly. My point is that it's invalid without supporting evidence, of which you provide none. A premise backed by nothing isn't even worthy of consideration - it is simply hot air. Meaning from where I'm sitting, John has actually showed more in results than you have thus far. Trying to call him out for what he's doing with his coin while claiming to know better ways of doing it - yet having nothing real to show - only makes you look like an idiot.

This isn't poker, bluffing gets you nowhere.

You can't even comprehend that whether I am succeeding in #2 (or not), is irrelevant to the point that John is playing his game in #1 and thus is subject to the fact that perception is what drives results in #1. It has nothing to do with me. Duh!

I'm stupid for not accepting your outlandish claims that you're succeeding in #2 - as of yet, you've shown proof of nothing. Okay, let's go with that.

It's relevant because your premise that John is playing the game you describe in #1 has supporting arguments that depend on previous attacks against what he's doing with his coin - and those attacks include the claim that you can solve what you see to be issues, while providing no evidence for this. Now that I've explicitly laid out the dependencies your main attack has, you should see quite simply how you're simply building atop bullshit that doesn't hold water (that is, your claims) and because of this, the entire argument falls apart.

Do we need to get out the crayons?

Well those with sufficient brain stem can see you still haven't gotten the point. Have fun with your crayons. I with not respond again to this retard.

Lol. Of course not, I am laughing at you. I will not respond again to this second retard who can't seem to comprehend I have no reason to be mad because I was correct and it is hilarious that the supporters of VNL confirm their very low IQs and thus providing evidence as to why they are easily manipulated by their "John".
Activity: 829
Merit: 1000
February 19, 2016, 01:44:39 PM

1. Selling features to speculators. Never mind if these features ever get used by millions of people, because none of these altcoins are ever going to attain that.

As for #1, "John" (who is this anonymous person?) hasn't given us one complete white paper yet. So therefor he is being attacked (bcz the speculation market is all about perception), and rightfully so.

If he was all about implementation, then he would have a plan for #2. As I claim I do ( Lips sealed = secret).

Right, as you claim you do. So... who are you to attack someone else when you're standing on weak ground yourself?

You entirely missed the point. Try reading again. Hint: #1 is where John is playing and #2 is where I am playing thus I am immune to foruming attacks. In #1, perception is what drives speculation.

No, I saw your point clearly. My point is that it's invalid without supporting evidence, of which you provide none. A premise backed by nothing isn't even worthy of consideration - it is simply hot air. Meaning from where I'm sitting, John has actually showed more in results than you have thus far. Trying to call him out for what he's doing with his coin while claiming to know better ways of doing it - yet having nothing real to show - only makes you look like an idiot.

You can't even comprehend that whether I am succeeding in #2 (or not), is irrelevant to the point that John is playing his game in #1 and thus is subject to the fact that perception is what drives results in #1. It has nothing to do with me. Duh!

I'm stupid for not accepting your outlandish claims that you're succeeding in #2 - as of yet, you've shown proof of nothing. Okay, let's go with that.

It's relevant because your premise that John is playing the game you describe in #1 has supporting arguments that depend on previous attacks against what he's doing with his coin - and those attacks include the claim that you can solve what you see to be issues, while providing no evidence for this. Now that I've explicitly laid out the dependencies your main attack has, you should see quite simply how you're simply building atop bullshit that doesn't hold water (that is, your claims) and because of this, the entire argument falls apart.

Well those with sufficient brain stem can see you still haven't gotten the point. Have fun with your crayons. I with not respond again to this retard.

Well,
go rest on your couch, if you have one, I know you are sad and angry that may happen that you wont live enough to see detailed white paper from John but...
..but please, it seems you are not quite well, sit and rest and drift away think about specs and distribution of your ImagoCoin in your dream land.
I hope you’ll feel better.

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
February 19, 2016, 11:43:41 AM

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
180 BPM
February 19, 2016, 01:42:26 PM

legendary
180 BPM
February 19, 2016, 12:16:21 PM

Yeah, read Wolf0 again, you claim you are #2 and you are doing that since atleast a year on this forum.

But, hey, atleast you are giving people fun times while they laugh at you.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018
February 19, 2016, 10:39:37 AM

As john-connor would say, "go read the code"

suuuuuuure! Which exactly were the stolen parts?  Grin
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
    my
     @d;
    my$__                                        #
    = ':';                          my            #
     $___ =18                     ;for(          'a'
         ..'d'                   ){ push           #
          @d,$_                   .$__.       $___;$___
          ++;}$___               +=5;for('e'..'i'){push
          @d,$_.$__            .$___ ;$___+=6;}$___='';
            for(1..3)  {    $___.=$_}push@d,'j'.$__.$___
           ;$___='';  for( 1..9){$___.=$_ unless(($_-1)%4
          );     }push@d,'k'.$__.$___;$___='';  for('a'..
               'am'){$___.=$_;}push@d,'l'.$__. length($___
                  );$___=length($___)+36;push    @d,'m' .
                $__.$___;$___*=2;$___-=16;push   @d,'n' .
                  $__.$___;$___+=36;for('o'..   's'){push
                  @d,$_.$__.$___;$___+=7;}push    @d,'W'.
                    $__ .$___;my@__;$___='';      while(
                      ){chomp;s/\s//g;     $___.=$_;
                         }push@d,split/\//,      $___;my$m;
                           foreach(@d){if(     m/^(\w)Sad.*)$/
                          ){$m->{$1}="\033".    '[48;5;'.
                          $2."m \033[0m";}        else{
                          s/S/ /g;my$_oO_;
                          while((s/^(\d+)(.)//))
                          {$_oO_       .=$2
                         x$1}$_oO_    .=$_;$_=
                         $_oO_;$_.=   #########
                         reverse$_;   s/(\w)/$m->{$1}/g;
                        print;print     "\n";}}####
__DATA__
                         22S18         a/18S22b/16S24c
                     /14a2S21d3S/       14b2S13e11S/14c
                    3S17f6S/1S13d       3S17g6S/1S13e3S2
                    1h2S/1S6f3S5f5      S20i/2S5g5S6g6S1
                    6j/2S7h5S7h5S1      4k/2S9i5S8i5S11W/3
                   S4j2S5j4S10j4S8      W/3S4k4S5k4S9k6S5W/
                  3S4W6S5W5S6W9S2W      /3S6W6S5W5S4W3S2W6S/
                4S7W6S5W5S3W2S4W4S       /4S9W7S4W3S3W3S5W2S/
               4S 12W6S8W3S6W1S/6S       12W7S6W2S7W/8S13W6S4
              W3S6W/3S3W6S1W10l5S2        l1W3S1W5l/3S1W2l 2W
               5S2W16l1W2S1W5l/3S2        W3l2W5S3W13l1W3S
              1W4l/4S1W5m2W6S14W3S        1W4m/4S1W7m2W21S1W
               4m/4S1W8m1W21S1W4m/         5S1W7n1W21S1W4n/6S1W
               6n1W16S3W3S1W3n/6S1         W7n4W10S2W2n1W3S1W3n/
             6S1W11o4W3S3W4o1W3S1W         3o/6S1W14o1W2S1W7o1W3
            S1W3o/6S1W14o1W2S1W7o1         W3S1W3o/6S1W14p1W2S1W7
           p1W3S1W3p/7S1W13p1W2S1W          7p1W3S1W3p/7S1W13p1W2
          S1W7p1W3S1W3p/7S1W13q1W2S         1W7q1W3S4W/7S1W13q1W2
          S1W7q1W7S/7S1W13q1W2S1W7q         8W/7S2W12q1W2S1W15q/9
         S1W11r1W2S1W15r/10S1W10r            1W2S1W8r7W/11S1W9r1W2
       S1W7r1W7S/12S4W5s1W2S1W5s2W           2S6W/16S2W3s1W2S1W4s1
      W3S1W6q/18S4W2S1W4s1W2S1W7r            /24S5W2S1W8s/24S5W2S9W
     /26S2W3S9W/
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
February 19, 2016, 10:32:12 AM
In many ways Vanillacoin has become a testpot for a lot if not all the features people have been asking for Bitcoin to implement.  whether that is significant or not is up to each person to decide.

but being that bitcoin is having an impossible time adding something as simple as scalable blocksize, and a lightning network without handing dev control to a group of heavilly invested entrepreneurs. VNL is a great project to see how these things can work in Real time and to test out the problems(if any) with them.

If it turns out that lightning networks/zerotime can work without to much risk,(please read up on sybil attacks), or if the mixer can be shown to run anonymously, quickly, and without bloat issues, then I will consider VNL as a frontrunner in the altcoin space.

If some of these things lend up being mathematically flawed, than at least it is another testing grounds for developers like John-connor to fix and grow from.

basically VNL by having these features has proved it isnt vaporware like so many other projects, but has not proved mathematically that it isnt flawed.... of course there is no such thing as 100% anonymity in crypography, and there is probably no such thing as an impossible double spend in a zerotime transaction, but if they work well enough to allow me to use them without worries of being cheated, I am happy.

February 19, 2016, 06:28:44 AM
He really asked smooth if John is a good coder. This is ridiculous.  Sad

Quote from: smooth
I haven't reviewed his code

LOL  Cheesy

As john-connor would say, "go read the code"
Activity: 613
Merit: 501
February 19, 2016, 05:17:35 AM
He really asked smooth if John is a good coder. This is ridiculous.  Sad

Quote from: smooth
I haven't reviewed his code

LOL  Cheesy
Activity: 56
February 18, 2016, 10:06:23 PM
99.9% of the code is brand new and unique

Please knock yourself out trying to document anything close to that number because it doesn't fly. Already something in the neighborhood of 100s of lines of code have been specifically identified as copied and obfuscated. By inference the 99.9% number would put the size of the entire project at 100s of thousand of lines which is way off.

More likely very large portions of the code are copied, with the exception of the modifications for the new features, but it is extremely tedious to work out which ones, due to the obfuscation. I would make a large wager that it is nowhere near 99.9% however.

Again, there is nothing wrong with copying and adapting code. That is half the value of open source. The important observation here is not that code was reused, it is that VNL supporters continue to mislead about the scope and nature of the reused code, going all the way up to the top of course, but traumschiff just did it again.

Can I know the ability of this coder in your opinion aside from the fact he is not giving due credit to the original creators of some of the code he is using?

Are any of his features worth while and different? could any of these be of value?
Are they going to be easy for other coders to replicate?

I haven't reviewed his code, and the obfuscation makes it hard for anyone to tell which parts are his code and which are not. The features as claimed seem worthwhile. TPTB says that his instant transaction feature is not really secure, and I don't doubt it (certainly it is true that his white papers are not detailed enough to review without digging through code). But used with caution, as with other "instant" transactions it seems potentially useful anyway.

I don't consider most of the other features particularly significant.

Thanks a lot for the answer.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
February 18, 2016, 09:18:44 PM

Please knock yourself out trying to document anything close to that number because it doesn't fly. Already something in the neighborhood of 100s of lines of code have been specifically identified as copied and obfuscated. By inference the 99.9% number would put the size of the entire project at 100s of thousand of lines which is way off.

More likely very large portions of the code are copied, with the exception of the modifications for the new features, but it is extremely tedious to work out which ones, due to the obfuscation. I would make a large wager that it is nowhere near 99.9% however.

Again, there is nothing wrong with copying and adapting code. That is half the value of open source. The important observation here is not that code was reused, it is that VNL supporters continue to mislead about the scope and nature of the reused code, going all the way up to the top of course, but traumschiff just did it again.

Can I know the ability of this coder in your opinion aside from the fact he is not giving due credit to the original creators of some of the code he is using?

Are any of his features worth while and different? could any of these be of value?

I haven't reviewed his code, and the obfuscation makes it hard for anyone to tell which parts are his code and which are not. The features as claimed seem worthwhile. TPTB says that his instant transaction feature is not really secure, and I don't doubt it (certainly it is true that his white papers are not detailed enough to review without digging through code). But used with caution, as with other "instant" transactions it seems potentially useful anyway.

I don't consider most of the other features particularly significant.

It was only the wind.
February 18, 2016, 09:06:02 PM

To me, it's not even that - oftentimes supporters deny it completely. I actually think there's some cool stuff in this coin - just admit the dev is kind of an asshole for violating the license and I'm happy.

If I remember right from your reply to smooth big red leter post about john-connor in xmr thread for which you adviced him to delete it you said that dev is kind of narcissistic dictator.
Are you still feeling rekt for last year one stop ban you got from john-connor after your 'show' in vanilla IRC?

Nope. Hell, I didn't even mind that much, the community got me unbanned, not me. I think the way he handled "fair distribution" was heavy-handed and non-ideal, and I'm pretty sure you've talked to him, he's pretty narcissistic.

That's not to say he doesn't have skill. I'm just not drinking the kool-aid - you have to take the good with the bad.
Activity: 56
February 18, 2016, 09:10:09 PM

------------------------------------
questions below directed at nobody singularly.

This is one coin that slipped past me... didn't mine it at all.

How was the initial distribution.
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
February 18, 2016, 08:37:22 PM
Ahh OK I see now, you think that all pow coins and the users that support the network through mining are essentially doing harm to the decentralized nature of their supported projects.

So what then? Air drops? IPO?
How does a project fairly distribute a coin without creating this problem.

Lips sealed

Without the backing of a centralized authority there will always be this problem.

Coins don't become currency until distribution has reached a level where investors create the ecosystem where others can exchange goods for this coins in the place of a currency.

That is what you think.  Wink

Lay it on me brother...  how do you add worth to play money without centralized backing or without a mining system?

Don't feed the troll, it is obvious that he has no answers just makes empty claims. You have seen that he avoids/fails to answer every single counter argument where he can't respond and simply quotes/answers single words/parts of a sentence which he in turn can attack or answer. This is the definition of an internet troll.

And to the type of question which you just asked (about a potential sollution to a problem with crypto in general) he will put an answer down pointing at his vaporware and vapor sollutions which are in works since more than a year.

Always the same, he has obvious mental issues.

I love it when people doubt me. I get the last laugh.

Lips sealed = my secret
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
February 18, 2016, 08:11:35 PM

To me, it's not even that - oftentimes supporters deny it completely. I actually think there's some cool stuff in this coin - just admit the dev is kind of an asshole for violating the license and I'm happy.

If I remember right from your reply to smooth big red leter post about john-connor in xmr thread for which you adviced him to delete it you said that dev is kind of narcissistic dictator.
Are you still feeling rekt for last year one stop ban you got from john-connor after your 'show' in vanilla IRC?

Was that the drive by ban haha that was epic i will never forget
February 18, 2016, 07:42:49 PM

It was only the wind.
February 18, 2016, 06:59:16 PM

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
February 18, 2016, 05:05:56 PM

legendary
180 BPM
February 18, 2016, 03:09:23 PM
Ahh OK I see now, you think that all pow coins and the users that support the network through mining are essentially doing harm to the decentralized nature of their supported projects.

Lips sealed

Without the backing of a centralized authority there will always be this problem.

Coins don't become currency until distribution has reached a level where investors create the ecosystem where others can exchange goods for this coins in the place of a currency.

Lay it on me brother...  how do you add worth to play money without centralized backing or without a mining system?

Don't feed the troll, it is obvious that he has no answers just makes empty claims. You have seen that he avoids/fails to answer every single counter argument where he can't respond and simply quotes/answers single words/parts of a sentence which he in turn can attack or answer. This is the definition of an internet troll.

And to the type of question which you just asked (about a potential sollution to a problem with crypto in general) he will put an answer down pointing at his vaporware and vapor sollutions which are in works since more than a year.

Always the same, he has obvious mental issues.
legendary
Activity: 1582
February 18, 2016, 02:35:45 PM

Lips sealed

Lay it on me brother...  how do you add worth to play money without centralized backing or without a mining system?
Pages:
Jump to: