Pages:
Author

Topic: How about Vanilla coin - page 7. (Read 10160 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
February 16, 2016, 04:29:14 AM
this is a conversation about VNL, and whether or not one should consider it as a legitimate project.  

I don't consider VNL a legitimate project, because the dev uses stolen (ie unattributed) BTC code and when caught refused to do the right thing.

Where is the peer-reviewed cryptanalysis proving VNL's security is solid?

Is there a bug bounty, so Shen may be rewarded if he deigns to he come over here and teach you why VNL is broken?

Or is VNL too hard for anyone but JC to work on, since only he knows how the code he stole was munged in order to obscure its origin?

Another illegitimate detail of VNC is the fact its [ANN] thread is not only self-moderated, but locked.  Talk about your North Korean sensor ships!   Tongue
Activity: 829
Merit: 1000
February 16, 2016, 04:13:30 AM
nonproven accusations,

There proof of the plagiarism (including copied bugs in what is allegedly new code) has been posted before, including by people that have nothing to do with any of these coins but see what is obvious instead of denying it.

Just as I said, nothing to see here except old, well known 'copyright FUD squad'
btw
I wasn't checking but I heard that Yocom-Piatt also said Decred is 'created from scratch'
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
February 16, 2016, 12:26:49 AM
  this isnt just about the last ten posts, you know that.

please lets go back to being on topic.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
February 15, 2016, 11:59:07 PM
please everyone stay on topic.

this is a conversation about VNL, and whether or not one should consider it as a legitimate project.  

please try to keep shill, and FUD comments to a minimum.

I am so sick of ICEBREAKER john-connor and ray88

FTFY, since iCEBREAKER was not the one who tried to change the subject and talk about another coin.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
February 15, 2016, 11:54:50 PM
please everyone stay on topic.

please try to keep shill, and FUD comments to a minimum.

I am so sick of ICEBREAKER, and his useless comments in urelated topics.  I am also sick of the retaliation comments to his bullshit pulling other threads discussions into every corner of bitcointalk.

stop this bullshit..

lets discuss the viability of lightning transfer networks.

If you are doing it in a theoretical space, please discuss the pros and cons of your research.

If you are doing it through beta release, please test and bughunt the project in beta.

lets discuss obfuscation of transactions.

how much anonymity is enough, is there a perfect solution.  how will it work with the general user?  Is what is out there useful as it is.

JUST PLESE STOP THROWING SHIT AROUND YOU ARE EMBARRASING YOURSELVES!!

this is bitcoincarpenter btw, just not on my comp and cant remember my password.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
February 15, 2016, 11:35:42 PM
The SSD HDD and on-board controller failed within 48 hours of that v2 block experiment. Now, thanks to Monero it must forever use an external USB drive.

Interesting how not a single person other than john-connor has reported such a problem.

Draw your own conclusions. I his credibility highly lacking, but decide for yourself.

Moreover, interesting how john-connor decided to try to change the subject.

Have you heard?  Did you know?  Monero destroys hard drives!

Is it true?   Shocked
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
February 15, 2016, 10:37:08 PM
this is pathetic lol
legendary
February 15, 2016, 10:17:48 PM
The SSD HDD and on-board controller failed within 48 hours of that v2 block experiment. Now, thanks to Monero it must forever use an external USB drive.

Interesting how not a single person other than john-connor has reported such a problem.

Draw your own conclusions. I find his credibility highly lacking, but decide for yourself.

Moreover, interesting how john-connor decided to try to change the subject.
Activity: 596
Merit: 251
February 15, 2016, 10:05:08 PM
How many hdd you guys have kill ? If only every one could easly run is own xmr wallet.
Fix your code xmr, fix the mem fix the hdd w/r. Let me know when my grandma or mom can use it.

Vanillacoin is nice because its very fast (zerotime 15k tx/sec), secure(whildpool encryption (nokia's algo)), fair distribution (no 51%, no abusive pool), simple to use and it fixed the node problem giving incentive to run one (it also help to get the nodes off the datacenters and have more of them in homes).
It has a mobiles wallets witch you can import the wallet.dat to any platform. He runs udp and tcp connections witch shows he know how networking works and its rare in cryptoland.

John is coding at least 6 days a week, hes invested$ and have no reason to fail.
I seen it all over the last year ! XMR fools never stopped bashing, i guess they feel the competition.
He delivers, help and inovate. He even helped peercoin and other coins pushing fix to help them.

Upcoming
-chainblender = anon sends/receive
-whisper = pc/mobile messaging and voip
-multi algo mining

White papers available here https://github.com/john-connor/papers

The SSD HDD and on-board controller failed within 48 hours of that v2 block experiment. Now, thanks to Monero it must forever use an external USB drive. I warned the devs their database was writing 100's of times the data it is reading from the wire but they just trolled me. So to stay on topic, yes how about Vanilla? It's great with a < .5 GB blockchain after a year+. Cool
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
February 15, 2016, 10:04:20 PM
Here we go again like a broken record.  Roll Eyes
legendary
February 15, 2016, 09:09:33 PM
nonproven accusations,

There proof of the plagiarism (including copied bugs in what is allegedly new code) has been posted before, including by people that have nothing to do with any of these coins but see what is obvious instead of denying it.
February 15, 2016, 08:03:31 PM
Still no detailed white paper or credit for copied bitcoin code used in VNL.

... well, yes, nothing you can find here, just old farts and well known 'copyright FUD squad' bashing vanilla with nonproven accusations,
... so just move on to your XMR/AEON threads, at least you feel better there.
Activity: 150
Merit: 102
February 15, 2016, 04:25:40 PM
Still no detailed white paper or credit for copied bitcoin code used in VNL.
February 15, 2016, 01:05:37 PM
Finally, this coin is starting to rise after being below 15k for a few months. Is this the start of a new rally or is this just used to dump onto people who buy?
I don't see any good news for this coin at the moment.

Well, you should check better:

https://twitter.com/john_a_connor/status/699111244104470528

In less than 3 days start new PoW rewarding system

https://github.com/john-connor/papers/blob/master/rewardv2.pdf

https://talk.vanillacoin.net/topic/221/6-month-timeline/2
legendary
Activity: 1344
February 15, 2016, 12:02:44 PM
Finally, this coin is starting to rise after being below 15k for a few months. Is this the start of a new rally or is this just used to dump onto people who buy?
I don't see any good news for this coin at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
180 BPM
February 15, 2016, 09:15:57 AM

Pointless to argue with you, Karma is doing it's work.
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
February 15, 2016, 09:09:07 AM
No premine.

Mined coins are premines. Users aren't mining. Most speculators here didn't mine.

Your "rabid dog" phases only kill the credibility or air of respectfulness that bitcoin carpenter was trying to create.

Project is over 1 year old.

And still no white paper with full specifications.
legendary
180 BPM
February 15, 2016, 09:03:20 AM

Irrelevant bullshit from a 50 year old lunatic nerd.

No clone.

No premine.

Features with original code.

On proper exchanges, like Poloniex, with the lowest possible deposit time thanks to their code audit.

Project is over 1 year old.

You have only proven 1 thing with this quote, that your health status is hurting your capability to use your brain.
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
February 15, 2016, 08:49:23 AM
legendary
180 BPM
February 15, 2016, 08:45:59 AM
Good to see the 3 trolls repeating themselves with the same baseless accusations.  Market doesn't seem to care and every minute wasted from your lives is another smile on my face.
Pages:
Jump to: