Pages:
Author

Topic: How about Vanilla coin - page 9. (Read 10160 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262
February 13, 2016, 12:07:45 PM
-multi algo mining

x11 is reborn. Hallelujah. Praise the John.

Can't wait till your not around anymore, Praise the lord.

If you understood the reason x11 was nonsense, maybe you'd appreciate the implied technical point. It was inside joke for those who aren't n00bs.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
February 13, 2016, 12:06:14 PM
-multi algo mining

Can't wait till your not around anymore, Praise the lord.
February 13, 2016, 12:02:30 PM
-multi algo mining

Activity: 212
February 13, 2016, 11:42:32 AM
How many hdd you guys have kill ? If only every one could easly run is own xmr wallet.
Fix your code xmr, fix the mem fix the hdd w/r. Let me know when my grandma or mom can use it.

Vanillacoin is nice because its very fast (zerotime 15k tx/sec), secure(whildpool encryption (nokia's algo)), fair distribution (no 51%, no abusive pool), simple to use and it fixed the node problem giving incentive to run one (it also help to get the nodes off the datacenters and have more of them in homes).
It has a mobiles wallets witch you can import the wallet.dat to any platform. He runs udp and tcp connections witch shows he know how networking works and its rare in cryptoland.

John is coding at least 6 days a week, hes invested$ and have no reason to fail.
I seen it all over the last year ! XMR fools never stopped bashing, i guess they feel the competition.
He delivers, help and inovate. He even helped peercoin and other coins pushing fix to help them.

Upcoming
-chainblender = anon sends/receive
-whisper = pc/mobile messaging and voip
-multi algo mining

White papers available here https://github.com/john-connor/papers
February 13, 2016, 07:47:52 AM
smooth is not being anonymous because he is afraid of culpability. He is being anonymous because of the nasty things that jealous people can do.

I am 50 (and perhaps terminally ill) so I don't fucking care. Kill me and my gf's family will make sure you end up as Lechon before you can escape the Philippines. Haha.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
February 13, 2016, 07:45:40 AM
There is another issue with plagiarism besides credibility and hype...

They say necessity is the mother of invention.  I guess you anon coin devs better look out because John Connor definitely doesn't want anyone finding out who he is with multiple accusations of plagiarism.  Unless Smooth actually does open "The Smooth Road", the necessity is going to be pretty lopsided on this one.  I'm still hoping for a release of The Smooth Road, though.
Activity: 596
Merit: 251
February 13, 2016, 07:31:30 AM
You basically just made my point..
Anonymous transactions are already done and live on main vanilla network. Goal accomplished more to set and bars to raise. Try to keep up it's going to be one hell of a ride. Cool
Activity: 829
February 13, 2016, 05:30:52 AM
I have explored every possible design for anonymity. I expended months and years thinking about every possible way it could be done. How many days I sat on my couch just running the possibilities through my mind. So if I say John is wasting his time, then you should believe it.

And by now getting close to that level of study also on consensus algorithms including instant confirmations.

Let John publish a complete specification if he thinks he invented something I (or others who I've studied) didn't already think of and dismissed. The likelihood although not absolutely 0, is exceedingly small.

smooth's implicit point (among other points) in his immediately prior post is that John isn't participating in peer view and prior art searching. No person is omniscient and there are very few things under the sun that others haven't also explored. I have been sharing my ideas and thoughts on this forum as a form of peer review.

WOW we should believe you cause you say so!
WOW, just WOW.
I really don't know what, where and how you explored what you are saying. I don't even know if you have couch but basically seeing you on the line with smooth I don't see even smallest possibility to believe you until you make something useful for anyone but you.

Well yes, let John finish/publish his project. He is busy with making his plans into fast, safe, decentralized and usable crypto currency ...and that is what I trust more than your forum FUD/ideas sharing or XMR project.
February 13, 2016, 04:14:21 AM
I couldnt resist to say HI to copy/paste/copyright FUD squad.

Shouldn't you be off in some walled garden controlled investor-fleecing forum somewhere?

No, I don't fleece.

...Oh, you mean like you are doing with XMR?

No, I'm not that kind of guy.
February 13, 2016, 04:12:57 AM
I have explored every possible design for anonymity. I expended months and years thinking about every possible way it could be done. How many days I sat on my couch just running the possibilities through my mind. So if I say John is wasting his time, then you should believe it.

And by now getting close to that level of study also on consensus algorithms including instant confirmations.

Let John publish a complete specification if he thinks he invented something I (or others who I've studied) didn't already think of and dismissed. The likelihood although not absolutely 0, is exceedingly small.

smooth's implicit point (among other points) in his immediately prior post is that John isn't participating in peer view and prior art searching. No person is omniscient and there are very few things under the sun that others haven't also explored. I have been sharing my ideas and thoughts on this forum as a form of peer review.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
February 13, 2016, 04:01:30 AM

Shouldn't you be off in some walled garden controlled investor-fleecing forum somewhere?
February 13, 2016, 04:00:29 AM

Good luck. I'll be waiting for the complete specifications from John and hoping on his Zerotime he can prove all the PhDs wrong and somehow make the speed-of-light infinite by showing that synchrony is possible in distributed systems.  Roll Eyes
February 13, 2016, 03:55:08 AM
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
February 13, 2016, 03:50:43 AM
BTW I have wasted a day of my time going through the codes side by side, as I was considering investing more, obviously you haven't. It's east to see a fish in the sea if someone is pointing at it.

A day is not enough to fully understand even just 1000 lines of code in most cases. And I assume he has more than 1000 lines, since a crypto currency can't be programmed in 1000 lines of code.

It's about 100k lines (including blanks -- simple file line count). Good luck figuring out what all that code does, how it is being used, where it came from, whether it has unpatched bugs, etc.
February 13, 2016, 03:37:11 AM
BTW I have wasted a day of my time going through the codes side by side, as I was considering investing more, obviously you haven't. It's east to see a fish in the sea if someone is pointing at it.

A day is not enough to fully understand even just 1000 lines of code in most cases. And I assume he has more than 1000 lines, since a crypto currency can't be programmed in 1000 lines of code.

And OK I'll withdraw my bitcoin statement, because without its successes we wouldn't have a benchmark to measure against.

The point is that Bitcoin has man-years of top notch developers. Bitcoin isn't perfect, but it isn't one guy who can't write complete specifications, stealing code without attribution, and releasing coins for sale with half-assed R&D and hype BS on anonymity and zerotime.

But putting bytecoin in the same league as bitcoin..  come on, laughable.  Monero forked off a buggy/scammy alpha piece of brilliant code.

What I wrote is they didn't hide it and instead endeavored to apply man-years of high quality developers on studying every line of code.

Also you are colluding with my argument by using the monero model as your retort.
It developed way to slow, even with its many eyes.  
With its hard to mine beginning through its hard to use lifetime, it has been plagued by being entirely to prerelease since it's beginning.  And now as it points the finger at other crypto notes saying they are all flawed and it has the answer, it is to late.

That is the pitch John tells you. I will agree only on one point, which is that Monero is not user adoption focused. But neither is VNL (nor all the other alt-coins).

Monero is developed slower than a Manhattan Project, because the developers are volunteers. There is no Steve Jobs/Bill Gates coming into their offices to crack the whip.

I suppose John has told his flock that he can develop faster. Well so far he has failed, because he can't write complete specifications.

These projects take a lot of time to R&D. I am actually trying to find a shortcut (and I don't know if I will succeed to), in that I will try to go directly to user adoption so I don't have to try to convince any of you of anything. In that case, you won't be able to attack me if I didn't release a specification, because I won't be selling anything here in this forum. Of course I will still be doing my best to make sure my technology is correct, but knowing full well that as only 1 man, I can't get it all perfectly correct. So I can only hope to get it correct enough, attain adoption, then from there fund more developers. That is my strategy.

What I see of John's strategy is he using deception and providing coins to speculators. So therefor he is going to be subject to this sort of skepticism.

Bottom line is his Zerotime won't work and his anonymity is BS. If he thinks otherwise, then produce a complete specification.

If zcash (the reason we all started looking for anon  altcoins) comes out in six months and completes what zsnarks/crypto note could not, monero is done.

Not necessarily. Zcash at least has issues about the funding model. This is an open question still being sorted out.

Also Zcash has the issue around trust of setup.

Also Zcash is not yet available and will need man-years of development to make sure the code is production level quality (bulletproof).

Perhaps Zooko can do a great job especially with adequate funding. We have to see how this will all play out.

For John to throw his hat into the anonymity arena at this point, is laughable. I even invented ZKT (similar and maybe better than RingCT), but I realized I have no future competing with Monero and Zcash. I either join them or move on to other opportunities. I so far have chosen the latter. I told Shen-Noether that if I knew he was researching RingCT, I would have never expended June/July 2015 researching and inventing ZKT. I hate to waste my effort on duplication. And that is what John is doing at the very best and at worst it is a scam.

Here is a thought.  Could that be why all the fan boys are out promoting/fuding?
You guys want one last pump before you flood to zcash?

Nah, I think americanpegasus really believes that Monero/Aeon will become world dominant. He drinks his KoolAid.

Sorry about the editing I'm doing all this typing on my phone.
Oh and sorry I went way off topic there.

Ah on a mobile phone. I forget that many do that. I am always on a 24" monitor.
February 13, 2016, 03:04:42 AM
John doesn't need to hide it, it's all open source.

He is not releasing complete specifications. Cryptonote white paper is a complete specification of the one-time ring signatures. The Shazam encryption function specification I released this week is a complete specification. Period! Damn it! Don't make me write it again.

I haven't even released any coins into the market, yet my Shazam specification (which is mostly work I did in 2013!) on a minor component is more thorough than John's white papers on the larger scope of Zerotime and the new anonymity BS he is hyping.

You continue to twist and spin the facts to try to obfuscate what we are saying.

Don't say he didn't try to hide it. It has been proven by smooth and gmaxwell that he ran the plagiarized code through an obfuscation reformatter.

Also his refusal to release complete specifications means he can hide what the code (even the parts he didn't copy from Bitcoin and obfuscate) is intended to do specifically. No one has time to figure out what his code does without a specification to guide the study.

He exemplifies all the patterns of a huskster by releasing codes into the market without making complete specifications (and also the product not even developed to the point of being ready to be released to users), then on top of that even plagiarizing code, failing to give attribution as the copyright license on Bitcoin code requires, and then running through an obfuscation preformatter to try to hide his theft mentality.

That you align yourself with someone of his reputation is going to drag your reputation into the sewer as well.
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
February 13, 2016, 02:56:34 AM

Speaking of Monero, I heard Shen Noether is going to destroy VNL as soon as he's done demolishing ShadowTrash.

I heard he's seven feet tall, and if he were here, he'd flatten the English with fireballs from his eyes - and lightning bolts from his arse.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
February 13, 2016, 02:37:25 AM
Also you are colluding with my argument by using the monero model as your retort.

Speaking of Monero, I heard Shen Noether is going to destroy VNL as soon as he's done demolishing ShadowTrash.

In case you missed it we were having a good discussion in here, not the pure useless dribble that you normally bring, BUT
Hooray icebreaker the king of REKT is back now it's really time to go to bed..

FLAME ON!!!
Activity: 238
February 13, 2016, 02:34:49 AM
The cryptocurrency equivalent of a Gender Studies Degree.

Haha. So much LOL on this one. Vanilla Ice Ice Baby.
But seriously though, no matter how many altcoins are there in existence, I don't think it can take out BTCs out of the game.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
February 13, 2016, 02:28:47 AM

Pages:
Jump to: