Pages:
Author

Topic: how control my emotion?? - page 17. (Read 8207 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 30, 2017, 10:06:35 AM
You don't have to control your emotions. Fix you target after buying, make your sell offer, forget about it and skip to other trade.

Right. HOLD and this is it. I

t's just the question of how much you need to invest - to have a 100% control rate over your emotions.
The solution - invest exactly as much as you don't feel sorry to lose in case of emergency.

No more. It's the psychology thing invented by some one else, long ago and far away. And it works for me for sure.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
October 30, 2017, 10:03:08 AM
You don't have to control your emotions. Fix you target after buying, make your sell offer, forget about it and skip to other trade.

That's why is very important as well to have a entry and and exit strategy because it will help somewhat in making the logical decision. Because if you are going to based everything in your emotional decision. Chances are you are going to lose your investment because you are making a lot of unwise moved. Stay within your exit strategy if its meet then go out and exit, no need to wait for the next wave of price increase because it may not happened.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
October 30, 2017, 09:41:37 AM
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
October 30, 2017, 07:30:41 AM
Its too difficult to control emotion. More experience you are more understand how to control it. Actually we can not control 100% of emotion.
Try to planning everything you do is one of way to control emotion.

If you have an idea of what the goal of any altcoin is and you are believing in their work and team then you should not have any problem controlling your emotions when the price of their coin becomes red. Being red does not mean that the coin is worthless now. It simply means someone sold their holdings and thus the market price decreased. Dont let that fool you, if you see red and you believe in the future worth of the coin buy some while the price is low.

Always take a deep breath before you make any big trade. It could save you a lot of money if you realize something before clicking the button. Wink

Like I said above if its a scam that you invested in, taking a deep breath will never help. Just stay away from the exchange and come back to that specific crypto after a few days.
Activity: 210
Merit: 106
October 30, 2017, 04:12:56 AM
using stop loss is a good suggestion but unfortunately most of the exchanges out there don't have this option for you to use and some of them that have it don't have a proper option with enough flexibility for you to be satisfied with it.

but the good news is that you can always use a bot if you find it hard to manage your trades and using stop losses and also if you are trading large enough and making good amount of money, it would be worth it to find a bot and set it up.
Using bot is not that easy mate. You have to learn before using. Since you can get profit if trader is qualified. Means it does not matter how good is bot, but also depend the trader who drive that bot. Remember, bot is just helping tool to trade automatic, but not the way to get easy profit.
Activity: 826
Merit: 252
October 30, 2017, 12:47:57 AM
I am starting trading some month ago.Bought some alta coin but now all alta coin are down and i donot understad what can i do?I get a big lose if i sell this.So how control my mind ? Cry Cry

Control emotion is not easy but must try until the end of your trading/ investing activity. From your post, I think you still don't understand about the risk, so learn it again. Second, see again your strategy and analyze wisely. If your strategy say " cut loss " ( sell ) just do it, if " hold " just take it. But if you don't have stop loss or hold decision it will be bad experience for you and your money. Control emotion only " take action " same with your strategy, just like that. Good luck with your trading.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
October 30, 2017, 12:30:57 AM
That's something i need to work on. Im also carried away when i was trading specially when my coin is droping. I need to work on it too to become a good trader.
Activity: 317
Merit: 110
October 30, 2017, 12:15:37 AM
Relax, play small at first, play established coin, be patient, make a mistake or two, learn from the mistakes, be patient, watch learn..bank some small profit, feel good.
Don't worry be happy, be snappy!
Cheers
Activity: 763
Merit: 252
October 29, 2017, 11:47:43 PM
if you have patience  you can control your mind just relax and wait for pump be positive.. before entering the world of trading be ready to do risk because trading have more risky and patience if you fall in your emotion in wrong way that the perfect way to make you lose.. its better to wait than to sell to lose..
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
1st of May
October 29, 2017, 11:46:17 PM
Its too difficult to control emotion. More experience you are more understand how to control it. Actually we can not control 100% of emotion.
Try to planning everything you do is one of way to control emotion.
Activity: 364
Merit: 130
October 29, 2017, 09:01:04 PM
sometimes a loss is better than a big loss. in technical terms use a stop loss order which is practically doing this for you. it triggers when price falls lower than your "tolerance" so you automatically dump the coin and prevent further losses.
it doesn't have to be a stop loss and automatic either. you can do it manually too. you just have to plan for these things ahead of time. for example you buy ETH at 0.07BTC and decide that you don't want to lose more than 5% of your money so you dump it as soon as ETH got dumped hard down to 0.0665BTC and prevent losing more money when it was really dumped hard down to 0.046BTC and then buy back at the bottom.

I agree, determining a stop loss is one wise way that can be done to reduce the risk of greater loss. By setting the limit, we can then buy it back at the lowest point, and when the price goes back up, our previous losses will be covered because we get very low entry poin. and this is indeed a basic strategy done by stock traders, forex, and the like. It is possible that this strategy can also be used in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 602
Merit: 102
October 29, 2017, 05:04:06 PM
Emotions has a negative impact when it comes to trading and that is why it is always advisable not to invest your life savings into a trade.
If you find yourself losing and you don't have the mind to hold for long, you should exit that trade and accept your loss.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
October 29, 2017, 05:02:54 PM
I am starting trading some month ago.Bought some alta coin but now all alta coin are down and i donot understad what can i do?I get a big lose if i sell this.So how control my mind ? Cry Cry
We always control our minds, however, we can not accept our failure, which is why you feel sorry for the lost money. From now on, you must learn to accept, focus on and invest in other currencies to generate new profits.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
October 29, 2017, 04:43:44 PM
Always take a deep breath before you make any big trade. It could save you a lot of money if you realize something before clicking the button. Wink
Activity: 546
Merit: 290
October 29, 2017, 04:16:03 PM
I think you should not sell all, you will lose so much, you have to wait now. Next months, when any coins which you are holding increase, you will sell slowly, one by one. Good luck Smiley
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
October 29, 2017, 02:19:44 PM
I think you can only easily control your emotions when you are used to the fluctuations of the market and that takes more time to experience. No one from the beginning was able to do it.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
October 29, 2017, 01:10:51 PM

The best way is to prepare beforehand. Two among lot´s of ways. Set and endpoint and a stoploss, and hang on it despite what "emotions" are telling you. Second buy coins you believe longterm so that you can hold through harsh periods without loosing your cool. But we are past the "beforehand" time so what to do now.
I would look at the portfolio and choose one or too alts to keep trading. that won´t be very "profitable" but you can keep practicing your chart reading and rading skills. You entered at 1 and its not 0,5. Sell and trade it for small profits at a time so you lower the average entry point. as i told before it wont give you much if any profit, but keeps you ocuppied and keeps you learning. And you avoid to make bad decisions about the rest of the portfolio:)
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
October 29, 2017, 12:43:45 PM
Best way is to invest in solid coins like BTC, Ethereum, OMG, etc and forget them. Store them off the exchange and check the value less often.  90% of alt coins will fail.  Just bet on the proven coins and reap the rewards when the market grows. 
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
October 29, 2017, 11:42:12 AM

If you are seeing the price of the alt coin you hold are getting low better to stay away from your computer or avoid checking the charts. This is the technique that I do for most of the time especially when the price of bitcoin is getting lower. I used to check it on a daily basis but I hate to do it when the price is getting lower. You don't have to control your mind, we are there in the same situation but you have to do something about it. Go outside take time to relax.
Yup, this will get us psychologically comfortable and unbounded on the price issue, if the altcoin price goes down, you should find out the cause and should make the best choice. I think people should use this because it is used very well for me

It's better not to find out the cause because if you found it out that you are affected by that reason that may bring doom to the way you think and it will really give you a big chance of panicking or having troubles with the alt coins you are holding. Everyone should do this and it may be effective to you and others but there will people that will come out and will say that this isn't effective to them.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
October 29, 2017, 02:27:36 AM
To control your emotions, you will need to enter into a trade at the right time and this market is an emotional market.  Emotions is what drives the price of an altcoin up or down. Emotion is what create panic selling and those that can control their emotions are the one making it big in this market because they always buy the coins at the lowest price and sell them at the highest price.  I will advise you not to sell your coins now as there is a lot of potential for every coin you are currently seeing in the market.  I have been buying some coins and sell them when there grow and one thing I have stick to is that I do buy an altcoin at the lowest price and also sell them at the highest price.
Pages:
Jump to: