Pages:
Author

Topic: how control my emotion?? - page 21. (Read 8207 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
October 25, 2017, 06:11:31 AM
I am starting trading some month ago.Bought some alta coin but now all alta coin are down and i donot understad what can i do?I get a big lose if i sell this.So how control my mind ? Cry Cry

In trading an altcoin, a price down of a coin is not already a loss unless you sold it when the price is still below your price of purchase. In trading you have to always set your mind that there are times that a coin will dump. Trading your coins for a long term profit is the best solution to control your emotions. Dont rely on a day by day price basis.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
October 25, 2017, 05:18:34 AM
I am starting trading some month ago.Bought some alta coin but now all alta coin are down and i donot understad what can i do?I get a big lose if i sell this.So how control my mind ? Cry Cry
that is the risk about trading. at once time you get profit and in another time you got lose.
when you got lose, just make sure on your mind with some observe, are those condition of trends down price are going still happen in future, if yes then decide to sell it to cut your lose much.

Cutting loses is last decision, before he really do that he should check what is happening with alts he invested in, there must me a reason why certain alt is going down. Downtrend is what many alts experience right now, maybe all of them, that is because people invest in new bitcoins and icos, old alts are falling and barely staying stable. As long as money going out from alts price will go down, but I don't expect that trend to last for a long, maybe not this year but next year spring for alts will come and prices will go up again, prices of some alts!
Activity: 406
October 25, 2017, 04:30:04 AM
that is the risk about trading. at once time you get profit and in another time you got lose.
when you got lose, just make sure on your mind with some observe, are those condition of trends down price are going still happen in future, if yes then decide to sell it to cut your lose much.
Activity: 140
October 25, 2017, 04:29:29 AM

You can’t be a good trader without the experienced of losing. It is one of the risked that most of us faces everyday. So the first and foremost attitude you need to improve is patience. Emotions are only a results of inexperience and lack of knowledge of the coins you traded, it can be change by learning more about it. Take your time they’re is no easy way but quitting is not the best options.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
October 25, 2017, 04:20:58 AM
you should stay calm and see further market movements and volume numbers look at the charts that are there, if indeed the coin you hold has the potential, to go back up is still a lighter and wait until the price back to normal, if you think the coins you buy do not have the potential to go back up and more towards a decrease better sell it so that not many losses you will experience, after that you wait until the price is really low and buy it back at a low price, then hold it
Activity: 238
October 25, 2017, 03:41:52 AM
I think you bought the price high altcoin so you are in trouble. I think you should learn how to control the emotions and how to invest in altcoin.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
October 25, 2017, 03:39:34 AM

To control your emotions you need strong trading knowledge. Your knowledge of trading is based on what you should do when the altcoins you have fallen. So I think you have no knowledge yet because you do not know what to do. So what you should do is to study altcoins better. Learn each of its content to control your emotions and earn in trading money.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
October 25, 2017, 03:25:58 AM
there are so many merchants who do this way and I think this is a very wrong way ,, you should not play all your funds directly., because if something like this happens., (altcoin prices are falling) you can not do anything,, but it's different if you play half the funds you have to buy altcoin., if you find the price of altcoin is down,, you can add it with half the funds you save,, so that in the future can get a doubled profit..
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
October 25, 2017, 03:09:00 AM
Trading altcoin is quite difficult because the price of altcoin is very easy to move makes us can not be sure to gain profit. I've also experienced it before, one of the best ways is to take the decision as soon as possible. I will sell the coin when I have seen there is a profit margin. So if I was in your position then I would hold holding because I'd better lose than to let go of a chance to make a profit.
Activity: 719
Merit: 250
October 25, 2017, 02:59:42 AM
everyday increase and decrease alt coin prices.so tell you need waiting for increase her price. if you want to trade first you find good coin that perfect for long run.
Altcoins price usually may dump and pump a normal situation happen in daily trading. To control emotions dont panic as most advice it will bring you down everytime you will see the market as a red zone. Eventually price will recover as today somehow were seeing a green zone. Hope this will continue and uplift yourself you may get profit.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
October 25, 2017, 02:15:06 AM
Relax buddy, because basically if there is a decrease then there will be a rise later, you should hold it so it will not disappear, never waver or panic selling because it's an emotion. I also hold some altcoin and the price goes down continuously, but I do not sell it because I'm sure the price will return to normal and go up. it just takes time, we never know when the price can go back up.

This is now the only advice applicable for the OP. I also suggest not to keep looking at the price and forget about Altacoin for now. You are what we call a "bag holder".

Why did you invest in Altacoin in the first place?

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
October 25, 2017, 02:06:40 AM
Use stop loss when necessary and don't be too greedy.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
October 25, 2017, 01:02:07 AM
using stop loss is a good suggestion but unfortunately most of the exchanges out there don't have this option for you to use and some of them that have it don't have a proper option with enough flexibility for you to be satisfied with it.

but the good news is that you can always use a bot if you find it hard to manage your trades and using stop losses and also if you are trading large enough and making good amount of money, it would be worth it to find a bot and set it up.

Good advice, if we can not control emotions better use bot to help us in trading, because "stop loss" needs to be done to anticipate. But I personally prefer to trade by using three stages: first purchase order 20%, second 30%, third 50% (count 100% of total capital we have)
Activity: 644
Merit: 107
October 25, 2017, 12:13:14 AM
Relax buddy, because basically if there is a decrease then there will be a rise later, you should hold it so it will not disappear, never waver or panic selling because it's an emotion. I also hold some altcoin and the price goes down continuously, but I do not sell it because I'm sure the price will return to normal and go up. it just takes time, we never know when the price can go back up.
Activity: 336
October 25, 2017, 12:07:55 AM
everyday increase and decrease alt coin prices.so tell you need waiting for increase her price. if you want to trade first you find good coin that perfect for long run.
Activity: 305
Merit: 107
I'm going to eat your cookies
October 24, 2017, 11:33:59 PM
Just take a deep breath and try to relax, don't get too emotional and don't stress out.
Trading is always like this. Its very unpredictable and everytime we trade we are making a huge risk.
I feel your situation right now.
All my alt coins right now are so low and I'm all losses.
But I just keep on holding my bitcoins and try to forget about it in a few months.
Eventually the price of the altcoins will go higher than today.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
October 24, 2017, 10:20:58 PM
sometimes a loss is better than a big loss. in technical terms use a stop loss order which is practically doing this for you. it triggers when price falls lower than your "tolerance" so you automatically dump the coin and prevent further losses.
it doesn't have to be a stop loss and automatic either. you can do it manually too. you just have to plan for these things ahead of time. for example you buy ETH at 0.07BTC and decide that you don't want to lose more than 5% of your money so you dump it as soon as ETH got dumped hard down to 0.0665BTC and prevent losing more money when it was really dumped hard down to 0.046BTC and then buy back at the bottom.
While you made an undeniably good suggestion, your last sentence is a difficult call. It isn't really easy knowing when price hits a bottom. We only get to know this from hindsight and after the event has passed. Sometimes, what you think should be Support turns Resistance.

Well, OP, emotional trading is the major Devil every trader battles with. It is this that sets a professional apart from an amateur. Get a grip on yourself. Determine your loss and profit before getting into a trade and then relax. Always remember that trading is about profit or loss and that you are bound to get one once you trigger a trade.
Activity: 490
Merit: 258
October 24, 2017, 09:43:24 PM
Just follow the logic of buying low and selling high. If you have a bag of altcoins and suddenly the price went down, do not sell in panic because it will bounce eventually. Now, regarding how to control your emotions - that is something that cannot be taught to you by anybody else rather than yourself... but I have a tip, why don't you purchase GUNBOT from gunthar and let the bot do the trading for you.
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
October 24, 2017, 09:25:50 PM
Trading is a risky business, whenever you jump in, be prepare to lose.
I consider trading as a gambling activity, you put money on the line and it may gone for good, right? Which many traders have experienced it.
In this case, if the coins are shitcoins, I prefer to sell in order to cut loss. But, if it is a famous or potential coin, I prefer to keep it until the best time to sell it.
How to control emotion? Treat trading as a risky business and be ready to lose at anytime, put some money that you can afford to lose.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
October 24, 2017, 09:11:17 PM
Well it is often said always trade with the amount of money you can afford to lose, if it is just 10% of your total investment then there is nothing to fear but investing your total fund in trading and the trade was not doing well or  going against you definitely emotions will set-in.
Anyway just relax, the trade may be profit in few days to come.
Pages:
Jump to: