Author

Topic: How did you first hear about bitcoin? - page 194. (Read 104332 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
February 23, 2017, 01:32:11 AM
I heard about it from a different forum it was explaining how certain things can be bought online or used for services or as a gambling thing and I thought it was interesting and bought some and tried it out!
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
February 23, 2017, 12:37:28 AM
I knew bitcoin when my friend show me ,  bitcoin chart. At the first moment, I'm not interest at all but for some reason I try to search about bitcoin more depth that lead me into local forum that teach me how to earn bitcoin
For me too bitcoin was shown by a friend who have been already a bitcoin user. Just looking the increased price I decided to have a detailed knowledge regarding it. This helped me to go through different sources relating bitcoin. And initially faucets were the one which gave small earning and later on moved to signature campaign for an earning.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1006
February 23, 2017, 12:02:55 AM
I knew bitcoin when my friend show me ,  bitcoin chart. At the first moment, I'm not interest at all but for some reason I try to search about bitcoin more depth that lead me into local forum that teach me how to earn bitcoin
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
February 22, 2017, 10:26:37 PM
I first knew bitcoin last July 2015 when I became a member of MMM. Since then I always making of it trading on different brokers, sometimes got scams on HYIP and making money as its getting high and low. All in all Bitcoin really helps me paying my monthly bills and sending money to my love ones.
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
February 22, 2017, 09:29:51 PM
first I heard it as a means of payment and money laundering black market but after I searched for I know that bitcoin also has a lot of positive things.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
February 22, 2017, 09:13:11 PM
At the site of earning ideas , where the bitcoin was listed at most last of the page .
But still I tried to understand this strange thing .
Hope I will got success for this .
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
February 22, 2017, 09:09:35 PM
If I remember way back I'm into Paid To Click site program at neobux, everyday when I visited the site I will always see the banner of "FreeBitcoin, Win $200 every hour". So I decided to click the link and read the content of the site and checked out what is the meaning of it. I searched regarding what is Bitcoin then found out this forum, I registered and and visited our local section then asks all about Bitcoin. I'm happy that I'm part of this community.
Activity: 112
February 22, 2017, 08:40:27 PM
Yes i do.Im a big fan of bitcoins im an ethusiast a bitcoin user and many more connected to bitcoins.I first heard bitcoins when i browse the deep web.I have read an article there that states the programmer that pays 10,000 bitcoins and now its value is more than a million.After that i kept searching about bitcoins and here i come earning through it

Can you share this article with us? A high amount of 10000 bitcoins.

I wonder what a programmer is paying for 10000 bitcoins.
Activity: 14
February 22, 2017, 08:25:11 AM
I found out from another Forum but however I seem to like this site as of I really don't know much about bitcoin I would like to be a bitcoin expert in a sense that would be some fun and hopefully to fully understand it myself and teach others about it!
Activity: 240
February 22, 2017, 07:39:11 AM
My first encounter with Bitcoin was several years ago when I bought 1 BTC to pay for membership to a Usenet NZB (file-sharing) website, though at the time I failed to realise the  potential of cryptocurrencies and largely ignored the technology. I assumed it was just something for gamers and gamblers  Roll Eyes ....

I remember I paid something like £10 for 1BTC and I had a couple of pound 'change' after paying for access to the NZB site. I left the remainder in a wallet and forgot about until a few years later. When my interest was eventually re-ignited, following some Bitcoin news I read, I discovered that the 'change' I had kept had risen in value to over £100. It was at this point (a couple of years ago), I began to take a little more interest in cryptocurrencies!

I have been following and studying Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies obsessively ever since. I wish I had bought more Bitcoin back in the early days but I missed that boat. By the time I started buying/using Bitcoin it had already risen to about $200/BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
February 22, 2017, 07:35:27 AM
From internet money maker' book in 2010. But I didn't care. Now I am missing cheap BTC.
everybody have same regret as you, just let it go and create a new story start from now on , keep supporting bitcoin , use & spend them everywhere as often as possible to keep bitcoin circulating and push the price to grow .

mostly know about bitcoin because they want to make money online , and then they found bitcoin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
February 22, 2017, 07:22:31 AM
i heard about bitoin in 2011 or 2012 i don't remember, but at that time the bitcoin.org website was very shady to me, and and i have not given it an opportunity, very bad decision from me, after that when bitcoin go crazy in 2013 i started to learn more about it, but still was undecided, and now for me the only way to acquire btc is with signature and by buying on the exchange sadly
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
February 22, 2017, 07:17:18 AM
I heard bitcoin in the year 2009 when i was working in online. At that time the price of bitcoin is very low, even i was afraid to buy because it is new to the market. In 2009 the only investments we have in online is USD, and now with bitcoin everything is changed.
wow, it's been a very long time. if I were you, maybe I've been looking for bitcoin since then as well.
Well, I know bitcoin since 2014, and at that time the price of bitcoin is quite low, and when I find them full of doubt on the faucet, because it seemed very long  Grin.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
February 22, 2017, 06:51:09 AM
I first heard about Bitcoin from my friend, he was all ready using it.
And he told me that it is a better safer way for getting and sending money.
to send money from one country to a place very far though bitcoin is a good method, simple and cheap. but at the moment I can not say it fast. because it takes a long time to wait for confirmation
Activity: 35
Merit: 7
February 22, 2017, 06:16:13 AM
I heard about it on a news article in which it was stated that how people use this digital currency to buy illegal items like drugs and guns on darknet.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
February 22, 2017, 06:12:41 AM
I heard bitcoin in the year 2009 when I was working in online. At that time the price of bitcoin is very low, even I was afraid to buy because it is new to the market. In 2009 the only investments we have in online is USD, and now with bitcoin, everything is changed.
Activity: 21
February 22, 2017, 05:55:45 AM
I first heard about bitcoin when I was watching TV and there was a news about how people lost their money on an online exchange based on Japan.
Activity: 81
February 22, 2017, 04:41:44 AM
I first heard about Bitcoin from my friend, he was all ready using it.
And he told me that it is a better safer way for getting and sending money.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
February 22, 2017, 04:16:21 AM
Are you a bitcoin fan?
Do you spend a lot of time on bitcoin? Reading news, trading, or even writing your own analysis.
But how did you first hear about bitcoin?
Is it some articles you read about? Or just from a friend who has traded bitcoin for a long time?

Share your experience with us. Grin

I heard Bitcoin name firstly with "Silk Road" news. Then I started to examine it in detail. There are still a lot of issues that I still need to learn.
There is a lot of interest, especially in technical sense.

No many people came know via news or media. Most of the people came to know about bitcoin through their friends or from internet surfing. I came to know about bitcoin by my next room mate when I am asking about additional income so he thought about it.
yes i also heard about bitcoin through media. and after that i heard about it from my friend and after that i start getting information about bitcoin and when i become sure about bitcoin then i start using it and invest my money in it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 520
February 22, 2017, 02:43:44 AM
I first read about it on a forum and thought that it was a really cool idea but didn't really understand it. I wish I had read about it more because after that I ignored it for over a year before I heard that it ran up to ATH. The classic "I wish I had bought in earlier" story haha

Yeah that's the thoughts and desires of someone much, surely they will be sorry when he saw the success that where previously they had been given the opportunity to join or have it this will only make everyone get a huge loss and I think when we want to get an advantage then we should be able to fight against myself and must be willing to sacrifice.Bitcoin has emerged since a long time so it will be easy for all to trust the bitcoin as currency for bitcoin already bediri since a long time and has a lot of advantage for most of the people who use it

Jump to: