Pages:
Author

Topic: How do we get the women on board? - page 11. (Read 38373 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
July 31, 2011, 01:16:55 AM
There will be a day when there is no more mining for bitcoins.
So, there will be no need to teach girls the femininity side of it.

Because once all 21e6 BTC are mined, we'll all stop promoting and using BTC?  Huh
No no, once all BTC are mined there won't be any reason to teach girls how to setup miners or worry about them killing your miner.
We would just need to show them how to get a Bitcoin Card (similar to a Debit Card) and they will know what to do from there. Grin

Interesting! Giving Bitcoin cards as gifts to women.

Bitcoin: For Women Who have Everything--But Want More
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
July 31, 2011, 12:06:39 AM

Because once all 21e6 BTC are mined, we'll all stop promoting and using BTC?  Huh
No no, once all BTC are mined there won't be any reason to teach girls how to setup miners or worry about them killing your miner.
We would just need to show them how to get a Bitcoin Card (similar to a Debit Card) and they will know what to do from there. Grin
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 30, 2011, 11:47:28 PM
ONTOPIC:
Ungeekify the usage of Bitcoins or it will never happen.

Once all the bitcoins get minned, there will be no point in needing to ungeekify.

Wait, what?! 0.o

Basically, it's like using computers.

Back in the 1970~80s, you would have to be a real geek to know to use one.
Fast forward 20 years and by the 2000s, it's a household appliance even grandma might know how to use.

Since it'll take until 2030~2040 or so for all bitcoins to get mined, bitcoin surviving meaningfully means the infrastructural issues should had been ironed out and it won't be a geeky thing anymore. Just like how laptops and PDAs aren't a geek thing since like 10 years ago.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
July 30, 2011, 11:33:13 PM

July 30, 2011, 11:31:02 PM
ONTOPIC:

Once all the bitcoins get minned, there will be no point in needing to ungeekify.

Wait, what?! 0.o
Activity: 616
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
July 30, 2011, 10:00:09 PM
ONTOPIC:

Wait, what?! 0.o
July 30, 2011, 08:49:49 PM
ONTOPIC:

Activity: 28
July 30, 2011, 04:38:33 PM
Actually not as uncommon as one might think. I know several very, very attractive female computer geeks, of which one is my girlfriend.
For everyone who doesn't have a hot geek girlfriend i have a proposal in my signature.

However, to get back on topic, would a site that sells such an outfit be the best way to get women on board, especially with so few mainstream-friendly sites currently available? All it would do is cash in on the sleazy reputation that some would like to portray bitcoin as having.
Sleazy reputation? I'm working on it!

You could always get a Bitcoin tattoo.  I'm sure we could get that bounty pretty quick.
That's already been done, search for "worlds first bitcoin tattoo".

ONTOPIC:
Activity: 672
July 30, 2011, 03:41:59 PM
Most women will not choose to use bitcoins in its current stage. First of all, it's too technical for their nonsensical minds. Secondly, they can't max out a bitcoin like they can a credit card.

Most people would not use Bitcoin in its current state.  We are the minority trying to figure out how to appeal to the masses. 

I think the focus at Bitcoin's current stage is misplaced at times.  Right now it's not about the vendor, we need the backbone infrastructure in place first.  There's still a lot of growing pains to go through.   
Activity: 42
July 30, 2011, 10:52:48 AM
Imagine a non-technie, non-libertarian woman has only heard negative things about bitcoin, like the Silk Road saga, and then couple that with the difficulty of securing your currency (to a non-techie). But let's say curiosity gets the better of her and she decides to see what she can actually buy with bitcoin, and all she comes across (for now) is a site that sells outfits like the ones that have so far been suggested or pointed out (http://chicapparel.info/index.php and http://cryptocommodity.org/tats/backsm.jpg). What d'you think she'd think? Do you seriously think she'd be chomping at the bit to get some bitcoin to buy any of these outfits?

Nevermind possibly dubious or niche products, even if it was say some really popular brand of bags/shoes/accessories at discounted rates, most women I know aren't going to jump through the current hoops just to get some bitcoins for an impulse buy when they can get it NOW using a credit card that they can pay later and effectively on installments as well.
legendary
July 30, 2011, 10:51:00 AM
Most women will not choose to use bitcoins in its current stage. First of all, it's too technical for their nonsensical minds. Secondly, they can't max out a bitcoin like they can a credit card.

Not true. A woman can max out their Bitcoin account by spending every last bitcoin in their wallet. Whereas a man would save some BTC in thier account for bragging rights.

I have Bitcoin. Yes I do. I have Bitcoin. How 'bout you? Damn, I miss high school.
legendary
July 30, 2011, 10:46:06 AM
Another way to get the women on board the Bitcoin train, is to have them join and comment on this message board. The way to do that is to juxtapose only two letters and start a new tread entitle "Broads Wanted". Thereby, pissing them off bad enough, they'll want to join so that they can comment on the thread. Once here, they'll realize that this is a fun loving community and tell their other lady friends who, in turn, will tell other women and, before long, we will be overrun with a bunch of crazy bitches...

WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS, ANYWAY? Us guys can't have anything!

Bitcoin: Where Sex Matters
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 30, 2011, 08:59:52 AM
Activity: 84
Side-stepping the matrix | Bit by bit
July 30, 2011, 08:48:05 AM
Well, frome the way this thread has gone, it seems it's more important for some men to be right about women and slutty underwear than it is to find out how to get women to use bitcoin in large numbers.

It seems the idea of women in underwear is way to distracting for some of you, so I'll reiterate to try and get back/stay on topic:

Imagine a non-technie, non-libertarian woman has only heard negative things about bitcoin, like the Silk Road saga, and then couple that with the difficulty of securing your currency (to a non-techie). But let's say curiosity gets the better of her and she decides to see what she can actually buy with bitcoin, and all she comes across (for now) is a site that sells outfits like the ones that have so far been suggested or pointed out (http://chicapparel.info/index.php and http://cryptocommodity.org/tats/backsm.jpg). What d'you think she'd think? Do you seriously think she'd be chomping at the bit to get some bitcoin to buy any of these outfits?

Knock yourselves out guys!
July 29, 2011, 11:15:23 PM
For example is the following outfit sexy or slutty?  Its a pic from a random night at Vanity nightclub at the Hard Rock Las Vegas but it may be NSFW.

http://cryptocommodity.org/tats/backsm.jpg

People use too many labels.

Personally, I'd say slutty.

For what it's worth, I have a friend who used to be a pole dancer. She'd happily wear something like that for work. She'd never wear it outside of work, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't buy sexy underwear/lingerie for herself to wear under her regular clothes.

So are there women who'd think that was sexy? I guess.

However, to get back on topic, would a site that sells such an outfit be the best way to get women on board, especially with so few mainstream-friendly sites currently available? All it would do is cash in on the sleazy reputation that some would like to portray bitcoin as having.

Imagine a non-technie, non-libertarian woman has only heard negative things about bitcoin, like the Silk Road saga, and then couple that with the difficulty of securing your currency (to a non-techie). But let's say curiosity gets the better of her and she decides to see what she can actually buy with bitcoin, and all she comes across (for now) is a site that sells outfits like the one in your link. What d'you think she'd think? Slutty or sexy? Think she'd be chomping at the bit to get some bitcoin to buy that outfit?
Activity: 672
July 29, 2011, 11:12:29 PM
I would LOVE to have some 6970s but they're wayyy out of my budg right now.  I had to settle for some 5870s and a 5850 I found off Craigslist. 

You could always get a Bitcoin tattoo.  I'm sure we could get that bounty pretty quick.
July 29, 2011, 10:59:59 PM
LOL. I have matching lingerie and I also have some slutty underwear (trust me, they're not the same thing). The latter was bought for me by a guy who only got to see me wear it so his feelings wouldn't get hurt.

I love it when men think they know women oh so very well. Cheesy
I love it when women think every other woman is exactly like them.
I don't think all women are like me. Not even most of my women friends are me or like each other. But when it comes to women's underwear, many men don't seem to know the difference between classy and brassy (nor, for that matter, sexy and slutty), but their wives and girlfriends tend to put up with it anyway.
Tongue
I've talked to a lot of women who say they love sexy underwear. These are women who haven't been sexually interested in me, so it wasn't said in any way to impress me or for me to feel better about myself. My current girlfriend also loves sexy underwear. For most of the women who love sexy underwear, it is all about being attractive to their man. They love the way the man they love look at them when they're wearing something sexy.
I'm in total agreement. However, like I said, sexy doesn't equate slutty.
July 29, 2011, 10:58:04 PM
For example is the following pic sexy or slutty?  Its a pic from a random night at Vanity nightclub at the Hard Rock Las Vegas but it may be NSFW.

Slightly slutty, IMO.
Activity: 80
July 29, 2011, 10:57:27 PM
For example is the following outfit sexy or slutty?  Its a pic from a random night at Vanity nightclub at the Hard Rock Las Vegas but it may be NSFW.

Activity: 80
July 29, 2011, 10:51:24 PM
How do you differentiate between sexy and slutty?  It seems rather subjective and based only on how a woman views herself.

My wife prefers La Perla but it is often worn as outerwear.  But this is Vegas so things are a little different here.

How does Bitcoinbabe define slutty underwear?
Pages:
Jump to: