Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell? - page 17. (Read 14650 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 10
November 20, 2017, 11:15:25 PM
I have my own strategy to take decision when to sell bitcoin. First thing I use to do is fix the target and wait for that time and once I reached the target I use to book my profit and again start to fix a new target.

One more thing some time I use to do if I have surplus money in had I will not book the profit and use to continue for the next task.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 659
Dimon69
November 20, 2017, 06:15:16 PM
I decide selling bitcoin depends on:
my needs
bitcoin price is high i can get good profits.
The thing is I myself do not think of selling of bitcoin as some good idea. The way bitcoin market’s price is increasing with each passing day is a proof of this thing that holding can help you in making more money. In case of need, I only sell my bitcoins at the time when I am having some good amount of profit in return. I do not go for panic selling as it will only result in huge loss.

Selling bitcoin depends in the necessity of the owner and of course the price of its exchange. The higher the price the best time to sell bitcoin because the more people also want to buy it. Just be careful of your wallet so that no one can access your hard earned bitcoins while your holding it.
Exactly! The most important thing which makes a major role in taking this decision is none other than the circumstances through which the person is going through. There comes certain occasions in your life when you are left with no other option that that of selling of bitcoin. There is no point of selling your bitcoins unnecessarily. Try not to sell them until you are left with no other option.
some are make excitement by them self just because they are amazed for bitcoin on how does they can earn in bitcoin but they dont even know that have to fall in a way that they can make any decision when to sell and they dont even think that they sell their coin for the time that it is not needed so you must have the attitude of thinking for what will be the best of your bitcoin for you to earn more profit.
Activity: 84
AQGmvEGdwBDWpNmH23337qRVEdqj7wduzj
November 20, 2017, 09:59:46 AM
sometimes i loook for the ticker... when there is price pump.. and it reaches the resistance... that's the time i sell
Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
November 20, 2017, 09:40:30 AM
my needs
The thing is I myself do not think of selling of bitcoin as some good idea. The way bitcoin market’s price is increasing with each passing day is a proof of this thing that holding can help you in making more money. In case of need, I only sell my bitcoins at the time when I am having some good amount of profit in return. I do not go for panic selling as it will only result in huge loss.

Selling bitcoin depends in the necessity of the owner and of course the price of its exchange. The higher the price the best time to sell bitcoin because the more people also want to buy it. Just be careful of your wallet so that no one can access your hard earned bitcoins while your holding it.
Exactly! The most important thing which makes a major role in taking this decision is none other than the circumstances through which the person is going through. There comes certain occasions in your life when you are left with no other option that that of selling of bitcoin. There is no point of selling your bitcoins unnecessarily. Try not to sell them until you are left with no other option.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
November 19, 2017, 03:45:02 PM
The more I learn technical analysis, the better I am at picking the optimal entry and exit points. It's an invaluable skill that every aspiring trader should be putting most of their time into.
Activity: 205
November 17, 2017, 11:12:59 AM
for me, first of all if i need money, but if you think that bitcoin value will going to fall maybe it's time to sell your bitcoin but do it in your own risk.
Thinking will not work. How do you know that the value of bitcoin is going to fall when you are not a soothsayer or a future seeing god. We can only speculate and assume but does that affect bitcoin from swinging where it wants. I made some prediction lately to sell at $7200, hoping there would be a little bit of correction below $6900 and then it seems I am really wrong. That is just how it is, sometimes even after analysis, anything can happen to change the drift.
having some list for what price are you going to sell i may suggest is some helpful thing to do but for making some speculation for my suggestion and opinion only i may not know if this can work right.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 17, 2017, 07:05:50 AM
for me, first of all if i need money, but if you think that bitcoin value will going to fall maybe it's time to sell your bitcoin but do it in your own risk.
Thinking will not work. How do you know that the value of bitcoin is going to fall when you are not a soothsayer or a future seeing god. We can only speculate and assume but does that affect bitcoin from swinging where it wants. I made some prediction lately to sell at $7200, hoping there would be a little bit of correction below $6900 and then it seems I am really wrong. That is just how it is, sometimes even after analysis, anything can happen to change the drift.
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
November 16, 2017, 02:55:37 AM
my needs
Agreed, in my opinion long term investment makes better opportunity in profits and actually its pretty simple that you should always had an exit plan before you getting into the market, getting in is easy but getting out isn't as simple as you think and we can't never predicts a high or low of a currency but as long as we stick to our trading plan and executed it without doubts then the result will be much satisfying other than contemplating an action which never be done because of fear and greed  Grin

Actually, for me the entry point is as importsnt as the exit if not more important. As long as you get in at the right time, profit would be easier to predict. 10-20% would be a big prize already for me
There are two times of selling of the Btcs .one is regarded as the panic selling and this occurs at the time when the prices are very low. So most of the holders of the cryptocurrencies that do not have firm belief in this coin try to sell it at what price is available at time as they feel it to be safer for getting back their investments.

On the other hand, some needy people also sell it at the price greater than the market value when there is he pumping phase because they find it as a method of earning profits.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 12, 2017, 06:04:11 AM
my needs
Agreed, in my opinion long term investment makes better opportunity in profits and actually its pretty simple that you should always had an exit plan before you getting into the market, getting in is easy but getting out isn't as simple as you think and we can't never predicts a high or low of a currency but as long as we stick to our trading plan and executed it without doubts then the result will be much satisfying other than contemplating an action which never be done because of fear and greed  Grin

Actually, for me the entry point is as importsnt as the exit if not more important. As long as you get in at the right time, profit would be easier to predict. 10-20% would be a big prize already for me
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 12, 2017, 05:53:57 AM
my needs
That goes for established coins like bitcoin where you really can't go wrong unless you're fooliah enough to panic sell. Some of us deal woth altcoins and day trading and its a bit more diffocult here to know when the perfect timing to sell would be. I ve lost multiple times because of being anxious about dumps
Activity: 854
Merit: 140
November 12, 2017, 04:20:36 AM
my needs
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
November 12, 2017, 04:02:07 AM
I think you need to monitor it everytime. Don't trade if your lazy to watch of your coin. Just sell if the price gets higher.
That may depend on you how to make profits. What you have said, this is like profiting with fixed margins. Anytime when you have achieved your profit margin just sell, don’t wait. But this may be different in case of person who is interested in long term profiting.

Like holding their coin. In this one, you have to be patient for a long a time and no need to sell at any high place until a big profit margin have been achieved.
well in my part i believe  that time of selling maybe always on a high price.no fool would do selling if they dont want the  amount to sell. Selling bitcoin in a low price  is  wasting that is why i believe that bitcoin is  a game of ectending patience i really cant explain person without patience in this field of crytocutrency world.even in any types of situation we really need to have patience so then have more patience and gain.
Activity: 448
Merit: 101
November 12, 2017, 03:53:10 AM
I think you need to monitor it everytime. Don't trade if your lazy to watch of your coin. Just sell if the price gets higher.
That may depend on you how to make profits. What you have said, this is like profiting with fixed margins. Anytime when you have achieved your profit margin just sell, don’t wait. But this may be different in case of person who is interested in long term profiting.

Like holding their coin. In this one, you have to be patient for a long a time and no need to sell at any high place until a big profit margin have been achieved.
Activity: 322
November 12, 2017, 01:41:33 AM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
When the value of bitcoin goes up think wisely because no one can predict if the value goes down and up so if the value of bitcoin goes up try to sell a half of your bitcoin this is the wise thing that i adviced to you.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
November 12, 2017, 01:19:35 AM
Depends on the coin you are holding, with bitcoin you really dont sell it per say, you just let it do its thing, remember its going to go up and down but everyone main objective is to get it going up in price, so just hold on and enjoy the ride. Dont pull out every time it dips, even if its a large dip, it will eventually bring itsself back up.

i think it still depends on the trader, if he wants or needs money urgently then he might want to sell his coins immediately even if the value of the coins arent that high enough but if he doesnt need it then its better if he can  just hold it until he is satisfied with value of the coin. though in my case , i usually sells whenever i see an unusuall increase in the price (i.e 2x or 3x)
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
November 12, 2017, 01:05:45 AM
Depends on the coin you are holding, with bitcoin you really dont sell it per say, you just let it do its thing, remember its going to go up and down but everyone main objective is to get it going up in price, so just hold on and enjoy the ride. Dont pull out every time it dips, even if its a large dip, it will eventually bring itsself back up.
Activity: 392
November 12, 2017, 12:21:50 AM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
Im not yet try this trading but based on my research try to buy or hold this if the line is low then sell it when you see some  people sell their bitcoin because it cause to dump again this is a cycle of trading just be patient always.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
November 11, 2017, 11:56:11 PM
my strategy when i decide is wait until the price go up and when it's low i will not sell until it will go back to a high price so i can earn more.

For now that's the current situations that we should do because the alts were on the way to pump of its price, we better not put our hands into weak status because regrets may follow. In order for us to sell right aways, never decide in a lower price and its better to have the current monitoring of the price so that you eventually check the daily trades or the quicker price that may surge up higher that its recent value in the market. After all of the dumps thats happening right now the reality of it the price will be back to bigger value again and we can see the predictions to come to reality this month end of the year.
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
November 11, 2017, 11:33:10 PM
my strategy when i decide is wait until the price go up and when it's low i will not sell until it will go back to a high price so i can earn more.
Activity: 154
November 11, 2017, 11:29:08 PM
for me i sell my coin if i see the price is higher longer than my fund before..sometimes greedy can make you to blame your self because waiting to much higher.. just sell if you know your coin is already earn...
Pages:
Jump to: