Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell? - page 19. (Read 14650 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
November 07, 2017, 04:40:43 PM
I think there is no formula about the right timing to sell your coins. Maybe its just right to listen to your instincts. Just dont buy in to fomo and keep on reading whats going on in the comunity of the coin you are trading. Keep an eye on some indicators and be prepared to dump all your coins. You never know what might happen
Activity: 238
Merit: 106
November 07, 2017, 12:30:28 PM
I think you need to monitor it everytime. Don't trade if your lazy to watch of your coin. Just sell if the price gets higher.
Activity: 519
Merit: 101
November 07, 2017, 10:15:50 AM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?

If only I can have a good internet connection everyday I will monitor different coin prices. It is just to be updated with the latest price so that I will be able to know if a coin is rising so I can now sell it.
Another tthing I do, I set my coin in a not so impossible price. If it is green it has a potential to rise more so if the price now is 0.003 then I will set it in 0.005 . Luckily someone bought it.i did the same thing a few hours ago, I did not visit my exchanger acount yet.
Sometimes if the coin is going down and down, I set it to current price convert it to bitcoin then I will just wait for the bitcoin to pump. And yes it if effective for me.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 07, 2017, 09:59:30 AM
I decide selling bitcoin depends on:
my needs
bitcoin price is high i can get good profits.
It is not a difficult task to decide when you have to sell your Bitcoin. All I know is that being the most highly valued digital currency they are not worth selling at anytime. Even in urgent need one should have some supplementary way of  earning instead of selling the BTC  for fulfilling your needs. Otherwise everyone do prefer the time of high market price that is most appropriate for selling your digital assets.

Well what do you plan to do with your coins then? Eventually there will come a point when you'll have to sell it, whether for profit or necessity. The reason you're saving btc is for you to sell it at a profitable rate.
Activity: 210
November 07, 2017, 09:56:05 AM
according to me its probably upto the buyer,i.2. depends on the profit margin he has set.
In general it is advisable to sell when there is a sudden rise in its prices because usually it is followed by a dip.
(this dip may have no or significant impact .)
Activity: 896
Merit: 502
November 07, 2017, 09:45:25 AM
my needs
It is not a difficult task to decide when you have to sell your Bitcoin. All I know is that being the most highly valued digital currency they are not worth selling at anytime. Even in urgent need one should have some supplementary way of  earning instead of selling the BTC  for fulfilling your needs. Otherwise everyone do prefer the time of high market price that is most appropriate for selling your digital assets.
Activity: 686
Merit: 277
November 07, 2017, 04:41:26 AM
my needs
Selling is all about the satisfaction price and as it comes I will sell and more of it if this question is asked generally the buy at the mist low prices when there is dump buy as much as you can because this coin will give you so much in future, and sell at that time when you think that price will not rise more and now prices are going up and there is no stopping limit for them so for now wait for 3 more weeks and then sell.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
November 05, 2017, 06:46:04 AM
my needs
Activity: 1036
Merit: 281
November 05, 2017, 01:36:17 AM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?
We should have many strategies and techniques for us to earn many money in the trading world. My strategy is very simple, I buy when the price is low and I sell my coins if the price is high. I can say that it is the easiest and one of the profitable techniques.
Activity: 826
Merit: 265
November 05, 2017, 01:18:15 AM
I always decide selling bitcoin on my situations,sometime bitcoin price will increase on that case i am happy to sell it.some crucial times also i will set the bitcoins.

I think you should sell only if needed. If you don't have any emergency, then bitcoin holding is the best choice. And you don't need to sell your stash, just get a few then keep the remaining because bitcoin will surely increase in the future. Personally, I'm not selling specially with the current price, I'm expecting it to grow more before segwit2x and then I will decide if I needed to sell because the price might go down. But in any cases, hodling is the really good at this time.
Activity: 448
Merit: 101
November 04, 2017, 07:21:18 AM
I always decide selling bitcoin on my situations,sometime bitcoin price will increase on that case i am happy to sell it.some crucial times also i will set the bitcoins.
In short you are trying to say that selling your Bitcoins is due to a mere reason of falling short  of money supply required meet the daily needs of a person. but if you allow me to guide you in this regard then my  suggestion would obviously be a big no to selling the BTCs. this is because prices we rise to a higher level without you getting noticed about the situation and hence it would become impossible for you to buy whatever you have sold again.
Activity: 25
November 02, 2017, 03:14:35 AM
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
HELENA
November 02, 2017, 01:53:39 AM
It depends on the situation, for me, i will decide based on the chart and with others advice from the professional trader or who is currently doing great in terms of trading experiences.
Activity: 14
November 02, 2017, 01:04:20 AM
If you're not up to the price movements, better to just keep it safe in your wallet and as much as possible, if you have a day job, avoid withdrawing and use your own money for expenses. We're not certain whether bitcoin will shoot up or go down. So selling would depend on how you assess things.
Activity: 44
October 13, 2017, 07:47:57 PM
Not really sure to sell now.
BTC is on the move
and Altcoins seem to go lower,... I ll seek best time to buy back there.
Activity: 520
Merit: 250
October 10, 2017, 09:44:02 AM
This may be the best way to manage bitcoin and to benefit from the need for a good plan, and of course planning and analysis is required in this trading or investment activity because to minimize the losses that will occur when conducting business.
Without proper planning you cannot even take a single step in the business world. You just not only need a plan but a series of plans supporting one another back to back. You need proper work out while getting into trading with bitcoin. Bitcoin at present is the leader of all the digital currencies so there is a need of staying very cautious in the crypto market. Always stay prepared for the worst.

Keep away from worst as much as possible better earn how to know things we should do and plan every steps we're going to decide. The result will depend on our abilities and activities that we will be doing.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
October 10, 2017, 09:12:14 AM

What's your strategy?

My strategy is to wait for my target profit and that will be my deciding point to sell then once i had sold my investment i will reinvest it again to other crypto currency to have more and more profit.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
October 10, 2017, 07:03:56 AM
This may be the best way to manage bitcoin and to benefit from the need for a good plan, and of course planning and analysis is required in this trading or investment activity because to minimize the losses that will occur when conducting business.
Without proper planning you cannot even take a single step in the business world. You just not only need a plan but a series of plans supporting one another back to back. You need proper work out while getting into trading with bitcoin. Bitcoin at present is the leader of all the digital currencies so there is a need of staying very cautious in the crypto market. Always stay prepared for the worst.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 356
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
October 10, 2017, 01:12:24 AM
My strategy is just look on an update of the coin that you wanted to sell if there is a good news of it. You can also watch at the candle sticks, there are many signals there depends on candlesticks formation.
Activity: 434
October 10, 2017, 12:36:18 AM
I always sell my bitcoins when I am making enough profits from it as only holding is really boring for me so when I see higher price without waiting much I sell my coins and buy them back when price falls in future and I think that is the best way to make regular profits and I apply same principle even to altcoins as holding altcoins too long can be really risky.
I also do the same thing you do because I can not monitor the price 24/7, so I will also sell the bitcoin / altcoin I have when I feel I've earned some profit, I also do not like to hold bitcoin for too long because it is risky and sometimes when we hold we can't buy again when the prices down and it's means we lose the opportunity to gain profit again
Pages:
Jump to: