Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you keep your crypto informations securely? - page 2. (Read 2650 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 14
I think you have the most effective option for securing your information in three to four places, even if we lose one option, we have the option of reaching it. So, we should store our data in Google Drive, USB flash drive, etc. and if possible, make a soft copy too.
It seems to me that today I will be 100% safe. If someone is interested in your data, information or keys, it will do everything to get them. But in any case, our security depends on us.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
You can always backup your wallet securely to cold wallet, don't share your informations and avoid storing your passwords in desktop where you randomly download files, your system might be vulnerable. Always be extra careful when dealing with dex site where you input your private keys opt to use metamask instead

The most important thing is to save "wallet.dat" file in a very secured (physically) place, I see that some users here have suggested to store in USB, but I would say in USBs, in multiple places because the USBs can be corrupted or lose the files that are stored there for unknown reason, also when the USB is not plugged in for a long time it can lost the information stored inside.
The passwords usually we remember them and try to memorize by heart, but also using the tools like LastPass applications which encrypt our passwords.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
You can always backup your wallet securely to cold wallet, don't share your informations and avoid storing your passwords in desktop where you randomly download files, your system might be vulnerable. Always be extra careful when dealing with dex site where you input your private keys opt to use metamask instead
copper member
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
I think you have the most effective option for securing your information in three to four places, even if we lose one option, we have the option of reaching it. So, we should store our data in Google Drive, USB flash drive, etc. and if possible, make a soft copy too.
Activity: 244
Merit: 101
Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.

Have a flash drive for the sole purpose of storing your crypto data and other important things, be sure to keep it in  safe place that only you know. I also create a note file in my laptop for me to easily access the data I need whenever I have transactions to do. You could also write or print your data on paper and store it safely.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Give it to your lawyer with a password. It will protect you from robbers as at home you will have no passwords, well and from the high emotionality.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Give it to your lawyer with a password. It will protect you from robbers as at home you will have no passwords, well and from the high emotionality.
Activity: 165
Merit: 10
The World’s First Blockchain Core
Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.

Bro actually i really trust google. Because of that i change my emails password with 20 character password and i added my gmail 2fa.
So i am storing my passwords and private keys in my gmail account. Even i am entering my gmail hardly so i believe hackers will not reach my private informations.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”
Simpliest way- get a pen and paper and handwrite everything, then hide said piece of paper somewhere in your home and hope your house does not burn down. other than that you can  risk it on comp storage,but never let it connect to the internet
Activity: 42
I have a very good and unique memory, so I keep all the keys, accounts and passwords only in my mind. Those who have bad memory and who do not trust computers and flash drives,I recommend to record everything on plain paper in a locked safe.
Activity: 744
Syntrum.com
I use a cold wallet to divert my assets, there are several options such as Trezor, Ledger Nano S and others, using a cold wallet for your digital assets to make your private key safe. The most important thing is that your assets are safe from hackers. Use flasdish and you can print barcodes and your private key if you are worried about losing from your computer.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
I do not think that's going to leave a computer account and do not always open a wallet anymore because hackers do not sleep so it's a victim of people so always be careful.
Activity: 378
I keep all my passwords and private keys on a flash drive and on a piece of paper that is in the safe. And the passwords are written incorrectly, and with a secret. A secret to keep in mind
Activity: 266

There are simple rules which wouldn't allow your special valuable data to be stolen. First of all, keep your passwords secure. Other options are also must to be used. I mean for example 2-factors authentification.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
Well today we have a lots of way to keep of our data safe, Google drive, pen drive, File manager extra. Lots are these to safe without failure.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
IMO, good antivirus and firewall are essential in securing our computers from virus and malware attacks to steal our information. On top on security, I believe we have to be careful and not to be a victim of phishing websites and scams.
copper member
Activity: 154
There are following ways to keep your crypto information's securely are as:-

1.Secure Your Wallets.
2.Separate Your Funds, Use Cold Storage.
3.Service Safety.
4.Gone Phishing – Email and Web.
5.Turn off auto-updates.
6.One or Two Factor
Activity: 686
Merit: 13
I feel that the best option to secure your data at 3 to 4 places so we have the option if we lose one option still we have the option to access the data we can store our data in Google drive, USB flash drive and make a soft copy.
copper member
Activity: 434
I keep my personal crypto information secure in many places.
For example, what will I do if your laptop gets deformed?
I had kept my personal information safe in my laptop.
In such a situation, I could have a huge loss.
Now whenever I gather new information, I keep this information safe in many places.
This information can be in many pieces. I can keep it in any pendrive , chip, hard disk, personal computer and many other places. Just keep in mind that your secret information does not get anyone, or else you know what your loss can be.
Activity: 980
Merit: 250
As per my view, you have to make a soft copy of all your personal data in a notebook and also save all information in a USB disk or hard drive. You can also add a copy of your data in google drive if you have protected your mail with an authenticator.
Pages:
Jump to: