Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you keep your crypto informations securely? - page 6. (Read 2652 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 258
Based on my personal experience. I am carefully read the emails that comes to me because there are some email that look really legit that asking your information for verification,
once you are in touch with them and give all information you have. All this things will be gone easily in your possession.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
instead of keeping your bitcoins on an exchange, consider setting up a safe wallet which you own the private keys to.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
I just make sure that I do not keep any of my information including the emails, passwords and private keys involved with any of my wallets online. Your information is easier to steal if you keep it online which means your information is safer from hackers if you just keep it offline. I make it a point to write it down and make sure to keep it in a place where I am the only one that can get to it.
Activity: 91
If you are spring your bitcoin in an exchange or online somewhere it can be stolen or hacked. So I would recommend using a Hardware Wallet like Nano Ledger S and create a paper wallet as well.
Activity: 569
Merit: 250
I keep my crypto information securely by saving them on a storage device such as flash drive or hard drive. I even take time to save them on my mail and write them in my diary so when my laptop lost or crash, i can easily access the information with worries.
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
My habit is to make a regular backup and save it in computer files. And I have a backup in my SD card. In this way, if the computer fails, I can also find my password.There are many phishing websites and scam links on the Internet now. Do not click on suspicious links that you don't know. This is very important.
Activity: 100
Remember to consider your transactions carefully. There are tons of established, reliable institutions, but gimmicky new cryptocurrencies crop up all the time, as well as questionable Initial Coin Offerings that could have nothing behind them but scammers on the move.
Activity: 247
I save my private information like password and private keys in many different ways, I have copied it in different emails, telegram, facebook messenger, I even save it in my personal computer, laptop and even in my cell phone and flash drive. But all that private information is supported it with a small ledger.
Activity: 98
from now so many people scamers.  depend to persons if you not yet known dont give about your password about transaction . also if there were better back up yet if you have usb or external hardrive if  laptop or computer are broke or missing. save you all important concerning about your work .
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
I have a very good and unique memory, so I keep all the keys, accounts and passwords only in my mind. Those who have bad memory and who do not trust computers and flash drives,I recommend to record everything on plain paper in a locked safe.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 251
In my opinion, one of the most important steps to protecting your cryptocurrency is to store anything of significant value in a hardware wallet—a physical device, like a USB drive, that stores your private keys and currency locally, and isn’t connected to the internet.
We have many wallet as an options to use and hardware is also good to use. Like nano ledger wallet and othe best to use. The very important is we have to keep secured our private keys no matter what because once lose we cannot recover.
Activity: 108
You should turn on Gmail's new Advanced Protection feature, and/or adding defenses like a PIN or password to your phone number to make it harder for attackers to grab control of your accounts by transferring your SIM to their own device.
Activity: 105
In my opinion, one of the most important steps to protecting your cryptocurrency is to store anything of significant value in a hardware wallet—a physical device, like a USB drive, that stores your private keys and currency locally, and isn’t connected to the internet.
Activity: 322
I saved mine on laptop, hard drive, on computer, I have spend some time and wrote everything on paper and that's all Smiley . It will be very terrible to lose everything, all hard work and earned money could be gone if you lose your laptop. Print the document with all the information and put this piece of paper somewhere very safe.
Activity: 108
It's important to remember that all the small things you're already doing to protect your general digital life help defend your cryptocurrency as well. Philip Martin, director of security at the cryptocurrency exchange platform Coinbase advised to use a password manager, use two-factor authentication, leverage enhanced security protocols for your email address.
Activity: 101
Secure hardware wallets like Trezor or the Ledger Nano S cost about $100 or less and have a straightforward setup. You just choose a PIN number and a recovery "seed" (usually a set of words and numbers) in case you forget your PIN, or your wallet malfunctions. It's pretty robust security, so make sure you keep copies of your PIN and seed somewhere accessible to you, but not to home intruders.
Activity: 46
I suggest turning on Gmail's new Advanced Protection feature, or adding defenses like a PIN or password to your phone number to make it harder for attackers to grab control of your accounts by transferring your SIM to their own device.
Activity: 632
Merit: 122
some of my friend said,it would be best for you to keep your sensitive information on paper.
which mean it would be better to print it out other than keep it somewhere on internet,
i found a lot of people who got hacked because they kept it on their google drive.
so am i,i got hacked a while ago when i kept it on my google.
Activity: 25
I suggest storing significant value in a hardware wallet, and just storing a small amount in a wallet app to facilitate low-value transactions. I think you should only keep an amount you would be willing to lose in the app, and never give anyone your private key.
Activity: 39
I hold the view that a key step to protecting your cryptocurrency is to store anything of significant value in a hardware wallet, like a USB drive, that stores your private keys and currency locally, and isn’t connected to the internet.
Pages:
Jump to: