Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you keep your crypto informations securely? - page 8. (Read 2650 times)

Activity: 90
Merit: 0
Honestly, you can use extra strong passwords with a minimum of fifteen characters, including upper and lower cases, numbers, alphabets and other characters. Also, avoid using names, words that can be found in the dictionary or anywhere for that matter, as there are hacking tools with these dictionaries embedded in them. Bottom line, make your password indecipherable by making it as incomprehensible as possible. The best passwords often look like gibberish.
Activity: 86
Never login to your cryptocurrency account using a public wi-fi. Read that three times and let that sink in for a moment. Not only is it easy for people to snoop on and interrupt data packets sent on public Wi-Fi connections, they can actually setup a Wi-Fi router and collect all the information that passes through their routers.
Activity: 82
I suggest you have a device that’s solely dedicated to cryptocurrency activities. This means just one PC or mobile device used for only buying and selling cryptos.
Activity: 210
Merit: 14
Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.

I too keeping my information on my laptop and on my cellphone with a password that I am the only one can open it.
Activity: 107
You might want to consider is having a device that’s solely dedicated to cryptocurrency activities. This means just one PC or mobile device used for only buying and selling cryptos. For instance, hackers are becoming smart at stealthily dropping keyloggers –apps that track the keys you type as well as the sites you visit- on to your device. So, when you type in your password, these keyloggers send the information back to the hacker who then uses it to get into your account and transfer your assets.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
The best option is old school. Make a document, print it and put in a safe place.
Activity: 80
It should be understood that it is not recommended to store large amounts of bitcoins on any exchange, as the risk of loss or hacking is always present. So, instead of keeping your bitcoins on an exchange, consider setting up a safe wallet which you own the private keys to.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Save on laptop and copy the data you have on your flash drive if at any time it happens something. If you still feel secure yet also then save on the google drive so that if all the stuff you are missing then it still has savings data.
You might want to consider is having a device that’s solely dedicated to cryptocurrency activities. This means just one PC or mobile device used for only buying and selling cryptos. For instance, hackers are becoming smart at stealthily dropping keyloggers –apps that track the keys you type as well as the sites you visit- on to your device. So, when you type in your password, these keyloggers send the information back to the hacker who then uses it to get into your account and transfer your assets.
Activity: 113
Don’t wait too long to record your recovery seed. Instead, when you are presented with it, write it down and store it away somewhere safe immediately. Paper is one of the most secure ways to handle and store critical data.
A key step to protecting your cryptocurrency is to store anything of significant value in a hardware wallet—a physical device, like a USB drive, that stores your private keys and currency locally, and isn’t connected to the internet.
Activity: 106
Cryptocurrency has so many risk of scams, so you need to be very cautious regarding your wallet, bitcoins, and recovery seed in order to keep your recovery seed as safe and secure as possible.
Activity: 414
Merit: 102
I am keeping my passwords on my laptop in the document with the password. I know its not the best way, but I am thinking about additional small trick I can do. There is one way how to “encrypt” your passwords. Lets say you write down the password, but when you use it you use it without last letter. For example you write down: PASSWORD, but your real password is actually: PASSWOR. You just skip last letter, or first for example. There are many ways how to “encrypt”. You can change all “a” to “@” as another example. So in your records the password will be “ PASSWORD” when in fact it’s “P@SSWORD”. This way you can be still safe even if somebody get access to you files
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
I'm keeping all my wallet and crypto passwords in my own personal usb flash drive. Before, I'm keeping all of these information in my computer's hard drive until I realize that it can easily be penetrated by hackers. I'm not using any internet security program because it slows down my computer.

I think keeping it away from net is much applicable, I agree with you mate all crypto confidential information must be back up by separate portable device like external drive or even traditional hard copies and stored in a secured place.
Activity: 406
I keep my information secure by putting all private information like different password private keys for the wallets and others by using include account or by enabling the 2fa.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"
I use Keepass to store all my passwords and keys. I've been using this program for 7 years already and it's really the best utility for storing passwords. The database file can be stored separately on a flash drive, so you always sure that your data is safe.
Activity: 462
I am old fashioned, storing my passwords offline on a piece of paper, but I still you can be always ripped.

Activity: 938
Merit: 256
For private keys, i write it and in a piece of paper and save it safely in my rooms.
And address, i think address is not really need to secure since you need it to share when you want people sent you some bitcoin.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
I downloaded a application that I can store all my Information about crypto, the passwords and everything so I will not forget those Important things, and so that I will not confuse what did I use with all of my accounts and some sites that I been part of. It help me as well to become organize with my stuff. And of course I also saved that to my flash-drive  so that I have a multiple copy of those important things. Smiley
Activity: 331
Merit: 13
I back up all my files to an online storage in case I lose my files. I also keep a copy in my device for easier access. But in everything I do, I ensure that I keep my computer secure. I've suffered some malware attacks recently, but I knew about it on time before it got out of hand.
Pages:
Jump to: