Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you keep your crypto informations securely? - page 9. (Read 2650 times)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.

I usually do not store anything online. I make sure that whatever happens, I would keep them somewhere safe like putting them all on a single txt file and transfer it to a flash drive. As for IMToken, I should write those mnemonic words on a piece of paper, then copy the words in order in the txt file and save it somewhere safe. Don’t ever trust any online service out there, because they have the control to shut down the database and may lose all of your private important information. Just my two satoshis.
Activity: 100
Merit: 0
I made two copies to keep my encrypted money. First, make a form to use a portable hard drive to store all my stuff. Second, print it out in paper and save it separately.
Activity: 87
Merit: 3
Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.

Regarding my registration information, the password is same on all the exchanges I use. I know this is risky but I cannot remember multiple passwords and recovering it every time is a headache.
Activity: 107
Merit: 1
Use only PC’s with up to date antivirus and firewalls for your cryptocurrency transactions. Never assume your computer’s security is up to date. It only takes just one security vulnerability to have your computer hacked. You might also want to consider installing a very secure operating system such as Qubes, Unix or Linux. These are about the most secure operating systems on the planet. They are often less prone to hack attacks and have configurations that makes them less vulnerable.
Activity: 100
Whether you choose a hardware, software or paper wallet to manage your passwords and private keys, there are a handful of things you can do to keep your stash safer. These include:
- Be super careful with any online service -- any device connected to the internet is vulnerable
- Encrypt your wallet with a strong password
- Make regular backups and store them in multiple locations
- Use multisignature security, which helps maintain control of your coins even if one of your devices is compromised
- Generate, write down and hide your wallet's mnemonic seed - a group of words you can use to restore your wallet in the event of a hardware failure
Activity: 773
Merit: 100
Store on your personal computer very well. But it is better to make several copies on different media. So it will be more reliable and if you lose some of them, you will know that you have several more left.
Activity: 111
The most important factor is your access to the internet. NEVER LOGIN TO YOUR CRYPTOCURRENCY ACCOUNT USING A PUBLIC WI-FI.
Activity: 784
Merit: 510
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
I believe the safest way is to keep it all on a separate hard drive away from the computer or device you use to make transactions or investments, and also keeping a hard wallet for making the actual transactions.
Activity: 88
A recovery seed is your best friend when you lose your paper, hardware, or mobile wallet, as it’s the only way you can recover your funds and wallet. So, to prevent total bitcoin and cryptocurrency loss, it’s crucial to record your recovery seed somewhere safe. It is highly recommended you back up your crypto wallets recovery phrase if you have not done so already.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

The best method is to write that information in two separated papers and hide these papers in safe places. You can keep one paper inside a book and the other on your nightstand.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
I'm securing my crypto information by si.ply not letting anyone knows it even my family. Aside from that, I'm enabling two factor authentication on my every accounts just in case someone will know my password. I'm also using a ledger to keep some of my coins if ever some exchange sites will be hacked.
Activity: 177
Your crypto details are very sensitive details as they hold your investments and all your hard work, keeping them safe should be your priority. thy are better off stored in paper wallets and safely locked away, or in an external harddisk that only you have
Activity: 274
Merit: 10
Buy some crypto steel it is the recommend tool to secure your keys,even fire and floods wont destroy it,not unless you didnt protect it with yourself,or you did gave it to someone,you should be using metamask extension anti virus and anti malware software,and most importantly hardwallet for your keys to be protected as ever!
Activity: 1218
Merit: 513
I am trying very hard to keep all my information secure, because if something happen this would be disaster for me. For example, all my codes are transformed by another code and stored on paper.
BQ
Activity: 616
Merit: 53
CoinMetro - the future of exchanges
if you have a recovery phrase you could hide it in a dictionary(file format), as long as you have some type of pattern.
say you have 1,000 words in a file, 10 per line.

Pick some type of format, say number: 2 8 (you could make it as long as you want, just for simplicity I pick 2):
then maybe pick a number(or a number format), like every fifth line.

on line 1, the 2nd word is your first recovery word.
on line 5, the 8th word is your second word.
on line 10, the 2nd word is your third.. etc

obviously you can make it as advanced as you want.
this way you can upload it everywhere, aslong as only you know the numbers.

of course you could also just encrypt a file containing your key, using a password instead..  Lips sealed
Activity: 182
Merit: 19
Buy some encryption,i sadw it in ledger or in trezor website which offers undestructable key encryption that is why i am going to buy those incase theres some fire,or my computer will be stolen or anything my keys are safe or atleast those recovery seed of my wallet,because that is what we need to protect with our lives or else.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
I suggest you to save it to a private separated rmail. Make a back up of all your accounts. Or you can put it in your external drive and have a folder on it, use folder locker applications to secure your belongins. Goodluck.

One of the option is to save it in the extra real drive and other one is to write down and save it in the locker . Thus in case if you need to handover or create a backup for yourself you can let them know about it and securely it will be safe as well .
Activity: 714
Merit: 3
Apart from storing vital information like my private key, passwords and other details on my PC, i also make use of a diary, in order to be on a safer side. It is always good to write most of these things down and keep in a very safe place. Peradventure you do not like writing, you can print some of this info out and keep in a safe place.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 306
C U
I usually keep my files, my private keys and everything related to my purse in a USB drive. its always with me and synced online to he able to open the wallet when i have no usd with me.I cant say that its easy to get my wallet because its even encrypted with FaucetKING® Encryption lol, i use my brain to dencrypt and open the purces.. no one will be to get that..
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Carefull when used your info on internet! Used new address for new payment! Do not share public key! Uesd VPN technology if you can!
Pages:
Jump to: