Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you keep your crypto informations securely? - page 5. (Read 2650 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Catena X
What about putting it in the google drive? Is it secure? I do this thing to back up my important data.
Besides saving the data on my external hard disk. Sometimes, I feel also scared of losing those data.
Activity: 406
Merit: 3
Perform encryption of information and make a backup copy of private keys. In case of reinstallation of the PC or occurrence of force majeure situations, this will help to quickly restore access to the wallet.
Activity: 163
Merit: 0
Cryptocurrency has a lot of fraud risks in the Online world, so there are many things we must do to secure and we must be very careful to keep our Wallet at our disposal. Instead we do one of the safest ways to handle and store important data on a Wallet which we have ...
Activity: 126
This is also a very important issue for me. For myself, unfortunately, I have not found an answer to it at the moment. Because everything I keep can be lost or stolen. Even if you store information in multiple places.
Activity: 230
Merit: 108
I keep my cryptocurrency securely by providing a better barrier that no one can’t let it down to know what are the information they needed,
I always check if I’m still safe to not lose an investment because of the scammer and hacker in this business
Activity: 238
Hi. We all have too many passwords, private keys, adresses, registration informations. I want to askt how you keep them. I dont ask you to explain where you put your ledger wallet  Grin  For example, I keep my passwords and private keys on a simple document which I created on my laptop. This means that if I lose my computer or someone stoles it, I may lose too many things. What are your solutions? Is there any safe option? I have to get precautions before it is too late.
I highly suggest that you keep it on a organizer. Write it in a paper if you want to make sure that your private key is safe but make sure that you have to keep it safe or else you will lost everything you have. Buying a portable harddrive with encryption/password is also a good choice or buy a USB drive that has an encryption installed.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
I keep my crypto information secured by saving it to several flash drives. I never stored them in my computer hard drive because the may be a chance that hackers may invade them. It is easier for hackers to access files from a hard drive which is always connected to the internet.
Activity: 378
Merit: 103
Hello. In my current practice of security way for my wallet address, keys, passwords, etc. I put it in different devices first is in notes apps in my two phone. Secondly, I have soft copy in my hard drive and lastly I draft it in my google and yahoomail in case I lost my phones or hard drive. This all was my advice for you Sir and I hope it help you with this but the most important thing is take care of your devices to be lost that’s the best way.
Activity: 448
Merit: 264
I'm not doing anything special, I keep it on my computer in text documents.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
I also keep everything on my computer, but I made many different copies and placed them on different media for greater reliability and I think so I will save my passwords
Activity: 518
As for me. all my passwords I have them of my head, you will surprised and asked me how  Grin? Well I have a password pattern I use to create all my passwords so using the pattern, any site i visited, I already know the pattern i will use for my password. For private keys to my wallet, I store them on my email. but I use a pattern to alter the key. any time I want to use it, I will know how to re-arrange it to my original key. So even if a hacker gets access to my private key, it will useless to the person.

In your head? And what if something happens to your memory? Hope, sure, everything will be good but it seems to me you should write all the passwords and the keys on the paper and keep it in a safe.
Activity: 2184
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Yes we have many private keys, passwords and some website registration information that should always be safe. As we all are well aware of that many hackers always trying to penetrate in your computer so its not safe to store your important keys and password into the system. I saved all my details on papers and laminate it and have 2 copies in different different place. So that if bymistake I lost one paper I can use the second one and to be safer side one should always do safe browsing and I used to keep my valued coins in Trezor wallet.
Activity: 296
Merit: 2
That's a good topic. Keeping an important credentials in my laptop is a complete no for me. I store my credentials in a black book that contains all the information of my cryptocurrency account and I safely store it in my safe. And as for my software copy backup, I use usb drive to backup my information and securely attached password encryption to ensure that I can only access the usb.
Activity: 126
This is also a very important issue for me. For myself, unfortunately, I have not found an answer to it at the moment. Because everything I keep can be lost or stolen. Even if you store information in multiple places.
Activity: 364
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
As for me. all my passwords I have them of my head, you will surprised and asked me how  Grin? Well I have a password pattern I use to create all my passwords so using the pattern, any site i visited, I already know the pattern i will use for my password. For private keys to my wallet, I store them on my email. but I use a pattern to alter the key. any time I want to use it, I will know how to re-arrange it to my original key. So even if a hacker gets access to my private key, it will useless to the person.
Activity: 448
I keep all my privat information on three flash cards, which are secured by password.
I think it is secure enough, and if one card will brake I have two more with the same information.
Activity: 65
I have backup on my flash drive and i keep in in the safe deposit box, i think it is necessary to have a backup somewhere except on the internet because hacker can find a way to steal it. Also be careful when you are using a public connection to open your wallet, get a strong password and always be careful. If you have hardware wallet it's even better because the private key never leave the wallet. Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
Yes because of the importance of information in cryptocurrency  I attache importance to this by making sure I wrote down all my information in a "diary and also saving them in my email box" which is more secure and also accessible.
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
I feel the best thing to do in order to keep all your security details is to store them in two to three flash drives, then keep each in different locations. By doing this , you should not be afraid of loosing your security details. Except that you will need to keep them away from those you do not trust. By also doing this, you are also keeping your crypto asset safe for whoever you feel should inherit it.
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
I save my works/password physically printed in a safe place.
I have also a encrypted folder on my laptop...... however best way to protect your cryptos is a Hardware wallet like Ledger Nano S or Trezor..
Pages:
Jump to: