Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you store your bitcoins? - page 17. (Read 92212 times)

Activity: 533
Merit: 251
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
March 03, 2018, 10:04:09 AM
I generally use electrum or online wallets. Sometimes I just deposit onto cryptomarkets to get fork coins quicker. I never tried hardware wallets but many people I know forces me to use it for security. Maybe in 6 months.
Activity: 680
Merit: 173
Giggity
March 03, 2018, 10:01:47 AM
I use some trusted wallets like blockchain i only have satoshis so i'm using digital wallet apps in phones or in online wallets but i prefer wallet apps because it's safe, convenient and very noob friendly.
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
1st of May
March 03, 2018, 09:59:10 AM
Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
Since I don't have a big amount of bitcoin i only store my bitcoin through online wallet. This online wallet really helps me a lot because i can convert the bitcoin into our local currency as fast as it would be. online wallet suits for me because it can use anywhere and it is really secured.

Online wallet is not that secure to store bitcoin or other altcoin because its risk by hackers.
When you store it in online wallet, its easier to send to any other wallet but more secure hardware wallet.
Activity: 214
Merit: 101
✔ Crypto portfolio | ✔ Telegram/APP
March 03, 2018, 09:56:56 AM
I use digital wallets, understanding that it is not the safest way to do so. I guess i should spend more time learning about hard wallets and how to use them. Not being a tech guy this seems cumbersome and time consuming. Would love some links to easy to understand explanations on this topic if people have any to recommend. I imagine others in these forums would also benefit from such information.
Activity: 523
Merit: 285
March 03, 2018, 09:56:23 AM
It's unsafe to save them online but it's the easiest way and the most of people choose the easiest way. I think a paper wallet is the safest option but the problem is that a lot of work.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 09:54:34 AM
i have hard wallet
Activity: 415
Merit: 250
March 03, 2018, 09:53:44 AM
The most people are storing there coin at an online wallet and that i refer because it is really easy to use and that is perfect but you also never know what is going to happen with the value.
But banks are hating Bitcoins because they see that they are now earning not that much because of the online wallets.
Activity: 173
Merit: 0
March 03, 2018, 09:46:58 AM
You'll have to load up your wallet and then wait for the coin value to increase. Patience is a virtue. Just wait until it hits your target value.
Activity: 413
Merit: 105
March 03, 2018, 09:45:43 AM
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
Since I don't have a big amount of bitcoin i only store my bitcoin through online wallet. This online wallet really helps me a lot because i can convert the bitcoin into our local currency as fast as it would be. online wallet suits for me because it can use anywhere and it is really secured.
Activity: 756
Merit: 112
March 03, 2018, 09:32:22 AM
I too spread my bitcoins in many wallets. On different types of wallet. Online, on mobile and on hardware wallets. I feel safer on this. I use the online wallet for fast conversion of funds and hardware wallets for savings.
Activity: 588
Merit: 253
March 03, 2018, 09:16:10 AM
Putting bitcoin in some places will make bitcoin safer, I suggest never store all bitcoin on one wallet because if it is broken or lost then all bitcoin will be lost, all kinds of nice wallet most important is we routinely change password and activate all security features.
Activity: 579
Merit: 309
March 03, 2018, 07:46:11 AM
I like Coinbase and I hold my bitcoins online at Coinbase. I use Coinbase because it is easy to transaction and it is user-friendly.I think it is more secure and everyone think that the most secure way to store the Bitcoin in Coinbase.

Yes it is true, all security features or 2FA is on the coinbase so it is worth choosing as wallet, I also use coinbase more than a year and no problem, other than to save BTC I use coinbase to save ETH and LTC.
I also web wallet users like Xapo and coinbase, in addition to the wallpaper feature now Xapo also have 2FA that we have to install the application on android and every transaction there we must approve from xapo application that we have installed.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰
March 03, 2018, 07:26:56 AM

Actually i store my bitcoin in my local exchange wallet,because i know that my asset is in a secured place,i do it because i cannot afford to buy a ledger nano s. and at the same time my bitcoin will grow if the bitcoin price value will pump into the exchange market,because i used
 it  as a part of along term investment in my local exchange wallet in coin.ph.
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
March 03, 2018, 07:19:45 AM
to banyakan I can right from my closest friends and comrades with his store at its HP each, because it's easier on the watch and easier to see if there is any discrepancy upon his other coin coin
Activity: 728
Merit: 104
March 03, 2018, 07:06:06 AM
I am very concerned about security, let alone it's about money so I have to be very careful not to lose my money
I always keep my bitcoin in Ledger Nano S, although it's just a little btc Grin
Activity: 484
March 03, 2018, 06:49:42 AM
There are now a lot of people using web-based exchanges as a way of storing Bitcoins as these sites allow you to use it to store Bitcoin and Altcoin. You can do trading on the web as an option. Many people who use development platforms to store Bitcoin like coinbase, xapo, ... can be a good choice.
Activity: 302
Merit: 120
March 03, 2018, 06:45:59 AM
of course I save bitcoin online, and until now I have not found an offline bitcoin wallet
Activity: 322
March 03, 2018, 06:43:14 AM
I save 80% my bitcoin at a local bank, 20% of which I keep in the wallet to invest. 20% consists of many coins. so I have a backup if one of the coins has decreased in price, I can still depend on the other coin.
March 03, 2018, 06:18:22 AM
I store on several devices and in different purses. I think it's safer. But no one can guarantee that this way will protect me.
March 03, 2018, 06:17:00 AM
I use a mixture - I have some paper wallets stored in a safe

I have a few bitcoin on my main computer using elctrum wallet

I have .4 ish bitcoins on my Iphone

I have almost a bitcoin on blockchain.info

I figure its good to spread it around (it helps me sleep safer at night)
I understand that it is safe to store on paper, but it can also be stolen. Even close people can not be trusted. if you store it in a safe, it's better not to tell anyone about it.
Pages:
Jump to: