Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you store your bitcoins? - page 18. (Read 92212 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
March 02, 2018, 06:18:38 PM
I always try to divide by 4-5 wallets, such as cold, hot, paper. So much calmer for the means.
Activity: 238
Merit: 57
March 01, 2018, 11:41:13 AM
I have saved it in my computer software. Installing a wallet directly on your computer gives you the security that you control your keys. As being in desktop or computer it is easily for you to handle your btc with security and free from any sort of hacker attack or stuff like that so, I will suggest that you also go for the same thing .
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
February 28, 2018, 10:35:34 PM
Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
For holding bitcoins I prefer offline wallets. Hackers wouldn’t reach it any way. But online wallets easier in using in making transactions and in verifying its own account. So I must to transfer money on them sometimes.
Activity: 645
Merit: 145
February 26, 2018, 01:15:54 PM
Before I had bitcoin on exchange, so I can faster trade on altcoins. But then people start talking that you can lose all bitcoins if you hold on exchange so I send all on blockchain wallet. I believe that Blockchain wallet is the most secured wallet , only better is store your bitcoin on hardware wallet such as TREZOR.
Activity: 286
Merit: 100
February 26, 2018, 01:07:44 PM
I certainly try not to keep a lot on exchanges because you know anything can happen there... I try to keep them local, and some on paper wallet for long term.
For the coins I want to trade with often, I put them on local wallets with a fresh machine to avoid virus etc. Better be safe than sorry.
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
February 26, 2018, 12:49:23 PM
you store in exchange if your a day trader but if your a hodler its a must that you store it in a wallet which is more secured.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 12:43:02 PM
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

Since the local mobile phones here is cheap and do not last long, it is a better option to choose online wallet. It would be also more secure since here in our country, stealing and hacking are really top of the crimes. I also dont trust the only computer I have now because it is already outdated and perhaps has a virus.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 26, 2018, 12:31:33 PM
I hold them in my phone Nokia 3210, this is the safest way to store your bitcoins. It is impossible to break, hack , steal or lose Nokia. ----> Perfect phone!

LOL
You have a great idea! Even when blockchain is no longer around, I pretty believe your phone will survive 100 more years Grin
Keep your private key inside your nokia and bury it for a while as a time capsule
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
February 26, 2018, 02:44:06 AM
I like Coinbase and I hold my bitcoins online at Coinbase. I use Coinbase because it is easy to transaction and it is user-friendly.I think it is more secure and everyone think that the most secure way to store the Bitcoin in Coinbase.

Yes it is true, all security features or 2FA is on the coinbase so it is worth choosing as wallet, I also use coinbase more than a year and no problem, other than to save BTC I use coinbase to save ETH and LTC.
Activity: 196
Merit: 16
February 26, 2018, 01:48:38 AM
I like to store most of my bitcoin in online wallets, because most often I need them for gamble, and when I need them, I cant wait for offline wallets and such and then take from their and then gamble.
Activity: 84
Merit: 3
February 26, 2018, 01:25:34 AM
Desktop wallets for smaller/moving balances, hardware wallet for long-term stash. I stay away from mobile wallets (except for small and transitive amounts) and multi-wallets (single point of failure). Desktop wallets are in a secured dedicated virtual machine.
Activity: 430
Merit: 250
February 26, 2018, 01:03:29 AM
I feel better to store my bitcoin in my online wallet, because it is safer and nobody can access it other than me. I prefer online wallets because the deals I will make will be instant and trouble free. And in my online wallet I can transfer bitcoin to my bank account in a flash which is a feature I like so I can exchange my bitcoin into cash in an instant.
copper member
Activity: 616
February 26, 2018, 12:48:32 AM
According to me, I store my bitcoin in my desktop and external USB drives as well as Paper wallet while paper wallet is good option.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
February 26, 2018, 12:22:41 AM
I like Coinbase and I hold my bitcoins online at Coinbase. I use Coinbase because it is easy to transaction and it is user-friendly.I think it is more secure and everyone think that the most secure way to store the Bitcoin in Coinbase.

Activity: 20
February 26, 2018, 12:21:04 AM
I am using desktop wallet.A desktop wallet offers a number of advantages over an online wallet. While online wallets are easily accessed from anywhere in the world, they are also more vulnerable to potential hacking. Desktop wallets, on the other hand, are accessed only via your private computer, with personal security keys stored just on that machine.
Activity: 209
Merit: 3
February 25, 2018, 11:54:47 PM
Hello, I save my bitcoin and other coins in my personal wallet in pc. I do all my best to secure those, as many hackers and phising site always trying to get your private key. Never kept them in online wallet, way too risky.
Activity: 196
February 25, 2018, 11:48:02 PM
I keep some in my purse because I think it is more secure and do not have a high degree of risk. It is more comfortable than used for investment because the results are not to be expected.
Activity: 154
February 25, 2018, 11:41:32 PM
In my opinion a hardware wallet is best, ive only tried ledgers and trezors but I like trezors much better. As far as I know no one has ever been robbed of bitcoin in a trezor.
Activity: 420
Merit: 24
February 25, 2018, 11:29:39 PM

I do cold storage for most of my coins. Some coins are stored in trading platforms cos I do trading from time to time depends on the market trend.
Activity: 134
ODEM.IO - UNLOCKING HIGHER EDUCATION
February 25, 2018, 11:24:19 PM
Of course I store my bitcoin and other crypto currencies to some online wallets. Even though its online, I can assure to its security that my coins will be safe. I keep all my accounts and passwords private and I dont tell it even to my friends and families.
Pages:
Jump to: