Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you store your bitcoins? - page 50. (Read 92212 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
October 02, 2017, 04:29:28 AM
depending on someone easier to save online or others but I prefer to save bitcoin online because it is more convenient than storing unsafe,
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
October 02, 2017, 04:11:29 AM
only online wallet atm, but its 0,01 BTC only so doesnt matter
Wanna create(or buy) "cold" wallet
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
October 02, 2017, 04:04:13 AM
I prefer to use Electrum wallet.I had been using it for the last two years.It has user friendly options.We could set the transaction fee manually as per the market situations.At the time of opening a wallet,a seed of twelve words is generated which could be used for recovery of our wallet if lost due to system fault.But it should be downloaded from the official website Electrum.org instead of fake websites.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
October 02, 2017, 04:01:31 AM
I always store it on a cold storage wallet. I can never be sure if my btc is safe on those exchanges like xapo or coinbase. They can still be possibly hacked and time will only tell when.

I guess it's more secure when you store your bitcoin in a cold storage wallet. It protects your wallet from unauthorized access, cyber hacks and etc. because it is not connected to the internet. And as for now, I am planning to store most of my bitcoin in a cold storage wallet.

Which should have been your wallet right from the start. I store most of my bitcoins in a cold storage and I have the assurance that it will never be hacked unless someone barged in my house, pointed a gun at my head, and made me give him the wallet seed. Obviously the chances of that happening is really low because people in my place don't even own a gun and everyone knows each other. Plus, bitcoin is not known in my place.

Leave some of your bitcoins in an online wallet so you can cash out right away without having to connect your cold storage wallet to the Internet. Leave some coins to trading sites in case a major altcoin goes down and you want to trade. One important thing is to have a good security for your computer. I suggest that you run a Linux OS instead of Windows or at least do a dual boot. There are tutorials out there about that.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
October 02, 2017, 03:23:38 AM
you can store you bitcoins in a hard wallet or cold storage wallet. eg. Trezor wallet, Mycellium
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
October 02, 2017, 02:38:02 AM
I always store it on a cold storage wallet. I can never be sure if my btc is safe on those exchanges like xapo or coinbase. They can still be possibly hacked and time will only tell when.

I guess it's more secure when you store your bitcoin in a cold storage wallet. It protects your wallet from unauthorized access, cyber hacks and etc. because it is not connected to the internet. And as for now, I am planning to store most of my bitcoin in a cold storage wallet.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 02, 2017, 02:16:18 AM
Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
For now idon't have any bitcoin becuase im still a newbie here so im trying to collect and i will do my best to earn a lot of btc and my plan is to store my btc in our countrt which name is coin.ph so much trusted.
good to trying and earning bitcoin welcome..

saving bitcoin is safety because you just save private key and 2fa with your number phone
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
October 02, 2017, 02:03:13 AM
its pretty obvious. There is only ONE real method to store bitcoins, and that is cold storage with backup.
Dont think you can outsmart the hackers. They have massive computing power available to hack and decrypt you... so just follow my advice, and go cold
Activity: 854
October 02, 2017, 01:57:53 AM
I prefer to store it on different wallets because it's too risky to store it in one place. You'll never know what's going to happen.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
October 02, 2017, 01:52:09 AM
On my phone as needed, same as I take bills and coins with me when needed.
On my online computer as my main wallet... I don't have much bitcoin so I don't think they'd live a comfortable life if they got my bitcoin.
Activity: 157
October 02, 2017, 01:30:24 AM

Must take security precautions! Hold your coins in multiple wallets ...
Also one good amount will be good to be stored in cold wallet!
Always use good strong password and change it periodically!

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
October 02, 2017, 01:25:32 AM
I store it on my mobile wallet and keeping a paper backup somewhere safe. The reason I store it on my smartphone instead of PC is that I think Android is safer to malware than PC (Windows especially). I have heard numerous story of losing Bitcoin to malware, so I decided not to store it on PC which I use for daily work. Storing it on a smartphone also allow me to spend it anywhere (mobility).
Activity: 602
Merit: 129
October 01, 2017, 11:59:23 PM
bitcoin wallet in the website it is safe but not withdrawable thou i use coins.ph because they cover so much cashout branches and also the safety and security because they verify the id of a person manually so you can withdraw safely the rate are fair also so keep safe and begin with the bitcoin wallet .info
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
October 01, 2017, 11:43:43 PM
At the moment, I store my BTC on a different online wallet. I don't have that much BTC yet so I don't worry much. Probably, if I have 1 BTC ill make sure to buy nano ledger. Smiley
Activity: 476
October 01, 2017, 10:32:29 PM
Activity: 378
October 01, 2017, 09:26:54 PM
Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
For now idon't have any bitcoin becuase im still a newbie here so im trying to collect and i will do my best to earn a lot of btc and my plan is to store my btc in our countrt which name is coin.ph so much trusted.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
DanJoN
October 01, 2017, 08:41:54 PM
on me, I am now searching for any good storage or wallet for my bitcoin, but i think thers a lot of trusted site wallet now but i just want to be sure that i can feel free and dont have doubts on it in the future, for now i am storing it in my first wallet Smiley
Activity: 7
October 01, 2017, 08:04:29 PM
I currently just use Electrum+Nano S. Personally, I haven't had a need or want to keep a portion in a hot wallet.
Activity: 24
October 01, 2017, 07:49:48 PM
I spread mine on multiple online wallets just in scenario I necessary the cash through on the internet transactions.
Activity: 113
October 01, 2017, 07:08:05 AM
My way of storing bitcoin is,first I use bitcoin wallet that helps me to store and secure my bitcoin earnings.And after that I use to save my earnings and collect it until it grow and until the bitcoin increases value.When the value of bitcoin increases that's the time I will change it to peso,that's the way I store and save bitcoin.
Having your own bitcoin wallet can help most in storing your earned coin mostly when you less needing a cash.
 It could help you to reduce wasting your coin in an unimportant matters. It could alse help you reduce buying such thing that only a liesure to you.
Pages:
Jump to: