Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you store your bitcoins? - page 7. (Read 92212 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 500
April 06, 2018, 03:18:52 AM
I store some of my bitcoins in a hardware wallet with the private keys and passwords written down in a safe place that I know only I can get to and if someone happened to get to it, it is written in a way that only I can understand it and decipher it. Some are being stored in online wallets on the blockchain wallet because I use them regularly so it's easier to keep them there.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
April 06, 2018, 03:12:11 AM
Cold wallet ? Electrum? A little bit complicated when we're using but it's definitely safer than other usual online wallet on the website for sure because you're directly holding the private key, not through anyone else.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
April 06, 2018, 03:04:10 AM
I am having my bitcoin in the electrum wallet which also considered as one of the best wallet for storing our bitcoins for longer terms.And have coinbase wallet too for storage of small amount of bitcoin to exchange into fiat in case if I need them in an emergency situation.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
April 06, 2018, 02:54:12 AM
Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?
I have four different ways I store my Bitcoin and two are a bit stupid. So we will start with stupid, I have some Bitcoin on exchanges for trading, I have a couple of Bitcoin in blockchain.info.
My profit from trading goes in a hardware wallet which builds up and when it gets to 10btc it is put on paper wallets, laminated and stored in a safe location. In the near future I am going to have 10-20 stored in private keys hid in tattoos. Of course for a extra safety that will be done in 2 parts, from two different tattooist just to be on the safe side of a photographic memory who knew about private keys. I like the idea of being basically naked and still having access to funds should the need ever come.
Activity: 77
Merit: 0
April 06, 2018, 02:51:23 AM
I used to store my bitcoin in a online wallet app, so i can have an easy access into it, and so far, no problem, may coin is protected and i can check it anytime and anywhere.
Activity: 24
April 04, 2018, 11:46:39 AM

There are more types of wallet to store the bitcoin .I store my BTC in elcturn wallet and keep it safely . Some of them will  invest bitcoin to get profit.
Activity: 69
April 04, 2018, 11:20:41 AM
I store my bitcoin in a wallet, this is the safest way of course, I also use multiple wallets to be more secured and not get a target of hackers.
Activity: 106
April 04, 2018, 11:16:14 AM
I store my coins at an online wallet. I think it is very safe and secure. Another good thing is that you can easily pay.
Activity: 266
April 04, 2018, 10:57:56 AM
I keep my bitkoyny in a safe place. This is my wallet, to which I do not have access to me. Therefore, I have a balanced attitude to what is happening.
copper member
Activity: 504
April 04, 2018, 02:01:47 AM
If you want to start working with bitcoins (Bitcoin), first of all you will need a bitcoin-purse. It allows you to make transactions, that is, to buy and sell the crypto currency. The main task of the bitcoin of the wallet is to store the secret key that is needed to access the bitcoin address and, accordingly, to your means.
Activity: 112
April 04, 2018, 01:47:09 AM
Before owning any bitcoin, you need somewhere to store them. That place is called a "wallet." Rather than actually holding your bitcoin, it holds the private key that allows you to access your bitcoin address (which is also your public key). This key must be kept privately for security
Activity: 504
YOUC | John McAfee Supports
April 04, 2018, 01:21:39 AM
Hello everyone as the title says ^
Do you store your bitcoins online or on a wallet on your computer, perhaps cold storage?

i stored bitcoin at the exchange for trading, then for holding i store it on my personal wallet.
not a hardwallet, but it is a web wallet i think.
Activity: 26
April 03, 2018, 10:51:16 PM
I store all my wallet.dat files in like 10 different USB sticks offline. I have been doing this since the very first time I started with Bitcoin. It's the best option for me. It is quite time consuming updating each wallet file since I have so many and they need to be stored on all sticks again. Better safe than sorry.
Activity: 110
April 03, 2018, 10:40:40 PM
according to I keep it in the blockchain wallet and I think it is a safe place to store bitcoin. this is the best wallet at the moment, for me it is safer than my personal computer.
Activity: 196
April 03, 2018, 04:36:54 PM
Offline wallet are safe from online Vulnerabilities. There are many type of offline wallet such as paper wallet , hardware wallet. Some of the online wallet are block chain wallet. I have been using Block chain wallet for long... I recommend it for those that can not purchase hardware wallet. Block chain is also safe wallet, security is good. Xapo has some unique seemly bulletproof security measure implemented. Xapo is using satellite from salellogic to store vital Information data.
Activity: 47
April 03, 2018, 01:57:11 PM
I store my Bitcoin on both online and offline wallet. Mostly on offline wallet though.
Activity: 154
April 03, 2018, 01:52:17 PM
I like to store Bitcoin in most online exchanges because I would be able to have fiat ready to cash out when and if I needed it.
I also like to have a few Altcoins just sitting around just incase the price goes up so I could earn a few Bitcoin on the side.
Activity: 350
April 03, 2018, 01:41:26 PM
I feel better to store my bitcoin in my online wallet, because it is safer and nobody can access it other than me. I prefer online wallets because the deals I will make will be instant and trouble free. And in my online wallet I can transfer bitcoin to my bank account in a flash which is a feature I like so I can exchange my bitcoin into cash in an instant.
Activity: 176
April 03, 2018, 12:55:46 PM
I keep my bitcoins in a safe place. This is my wallet to which I do not have access to me. Therefore, I am calm.

what are you use your wallet ?
Activity: 176
April 03, 2018, 12:49:27 PM
I use coinbase for daily transactions and a cold wallet for most of my bitcoins/litecoin Grin Huh
Pages:
Jump to: