Pages:
Author

Topic: How long is Bitcoin life? - page 4. (Read 11501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
June 17, 2016, 07:10:41 PM
Bitcoin will be fine unless USA, Russia or China bans it. If one or more of those countries ban bitcoin and make it unusable in any way, then bitcoin will die slowly. It won't die in instant, and will live in shadows but in the end it will die. Let's pray it won't happen.

Either if they ban it will still exist. People then to fight if something is taken by them without a good reason.
But the protocol of bitcoin will end probably somewhere in 2060

We really don't know how long is the life of bitcoin, as its really difficult to predict but I think if bitcoin gains the physical form like fiat then it can never die for sure.

The future is here!
Casascius, minting bitcoin in physical form since 2011
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/casascius-physical-bitcoin-in-stock-now-pic-41892
Activity: 490
Merit: 520
June 17, 2016, 05:41:53 PM
Bitcoin will be fine unless USA, Russia or China bans it. If one or more of those countries ban bitcoin and make it unusable in any way, then bitcoin will die slowly. It won't die in instant, and will live in shadows but in the end it will die. Let's pray it won't happen.

Either if they ban it will still exist. People then to fight if something is taken by them without a good reason.

We really don't know how long is the life of bitcoin, as its really difficult to predict but I think if bitcoin gains the physical form like fiat then it can never die for sure.
Exactly, Bitcoin will never be able to officially "decompose" or decay, like fiat money can. The blockchain remains the same at all points, and never loses data as long as someone has the last updated blockchain somewhere in the world. As long as you have the private keys, Bitcoin is never destroyed.

The community life of Bitcoin will probably be much shorter overall, but if Bitcoin takes off globally there's a larger chance everything will be fine.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
June 17, 2016, 05:32:43 PM

Activity: 896
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
June 17, 2016, 05:26:54 PM

Activity: 338
Merit: 250
June 17, 2016, 11:17:30 AM
That is something that nobody knows and is almost impossible to predict. I think that when bitcoin is going to die that we are going to notice it before it actually is going to happen but right now I do not notice a thing.

Bitcoin will survive for at least two decades, and it will not die soon, as more people and businesses are entering into it which will take bitcoin to higher level.

At max it can survive a few decades. By then it will become obsolute.
I expect by then we will see a new kind of virtual currency which will take over. Something not mineable.

The only threat to bitcoin is it might get replaced by new and innovative currency in future, but till bitcoin  is doing well I don't think we have to worry about anything.

I think no, many decentralize coin has been made but many of them failed because bitcoin is well establish and very popular to people globally and new alts cannot get the trust easily since many altcoins are died easily or what you called scam thats why those new alts didnt get more support on investors unlike bitcoin we cam easily trust because it is good and surely we can earn if we stake with it.
Countries are trying to adjust their budget to the new era,the thing is will they be ready to control the financial problems,Greece,Italy,Spain,Portugal ,these and more others countries are being supported by euro.
One thing is sure if the governments dont control their wages we will see a deep crisis and yes bitcoin will reach amazing numbers ,since people will try to save their savings before goverments frozen their accounts has had already happened before.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
June 17, 2016, 10:59:04 AM
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
June 17, 2016, 10:49:55 AM
That is something that nobody knows and is almost impossible to predict. I think that when bitcoin is going to die that we are going to notice it before it actually is going to happen but right now I do not notice a thing.

Bitcoin will survive for at least two decades, and it will not die soon, as more people and businesses are entering into it which will take bitcoin to higher level.

I expect by then we will see a new kind of virtual currency which will take over. Something not mineable.

The only threat to bitcoin is it might get replaced by new and innovative currency in future, but till bitcoin  is doing well I don't think we have to worry about anything.

I think no, many decentralize coin has been made but many of them failed because bitcoin is well establish and very popular to people globally and new alts cannot get the trust easily since many altcoins are died easily or what you called scam thats why those new alts didnt get more support on investors unlike bitcoin we cam easily trust because it is good and surely we can earn if we stake with it.
The life depends on the value. You dont know what is going to happen. You only have to just sit and wait what is going to happen.
Everyone hope that the Bitcoin will be more worth so they can sell it with profit. But patience is the most important.
Activity: 256
June 17, 2016, 10:26:24 AM

That is really hard to know because you dont even know what is going to happen in the future so that is the problem of Bitcoin.
But I think Bitcoin will have not that bad future because the value started already to rise so that is nice.
Activity: 462
June 17, 2016, 10:06:02 AM
The life of the bitcoin can be unlimited for sure, I really have no doubts about that, it cannot be predicted but we will see what is gonna happen with the bitcoin.
It has a great future a head this year so that is already solid.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
June 17, 2016, 09:01:08 AM
I think the life of bitcoin is much longer and we will see bitcoin for more longer in our life, and I think till the doom day every generation will now experience that currency and will adopt and accept it for their businesses.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
June 17, 2016, 08:58:40 AM

No one can replace bitcoin in the future even central of bank try to make new digital currency under their control to match the bitcoin but i'm not sure it would work.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io
June 17, 2016, 07:31:51 AM

Activity: 840
June 17, 2016, 03:49:07 AM

Activity: 693
Merit: 508
June 17, 2016, 03:34:01 AM

The bitcoin will evolve and adapt to the new environment. So it will survive much longer, it might be there forever.
Activity: 350
June 16, 2016, 12:20:09 PM

Activity: 812
June 16, 2016, 11:17:47 AM

Activity: 364
June 16, 2016, 11:11:42 AM
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
June 16, 2016, 10:07:47 AM
The best I like in Bitcoin is that you can do many things with it and that is really nice and I am almost for sure that it will be the future payment method in the future and that would be perfect for the currency itself.
But the bad thing is that you are not for sure what is going to happen in the future with the currency itself so that is the risky thing of it.

yes bitcoin is a financial payment media in the future. I think bitcoin will last long enough. bitcoin will become companion media dollars in the real world. bitcoin strength will be comparable to other currencies. and bitcoin will be accepted by many countries. That's the future of bitcoin was very nice.
Activity: 239
June 16, 2016, 09:38:18 AM
basically, we no one can predict how long the bitcoin life. even we are also difficult to predict the price of bitcoin.
but as long as the user continues to grow, and the development of bitcoin is getting better, I'm sure it could last longer
Well I agree with you. If many continues to use it for 100's of years, maybe bitcoin will be alive 100 years from now.
It is really hard to know how long Bitcoin life will be and that is because Bitcoin itself is a currency so it is always changing and it is hard to know what will happen in the future.
But there will be a chance that there will be more people are using Bitcoin and that is perfect.
Activity: 447
June 16, 2016, 09:00:37 AM
basically, we no one can predict how long the bitcoin life. even we are also difficult to predict the price of bitcoin.
but as long as the user continues to grow, and the development of bitcoin is getting better, I'm sure it could last longer
Well I agree with you. If many continues to use it for 100's of years, maybe bitcoin will be alive 100 years from now.
It will be around much longer than 100 years. The only way Bitcoin could die is if somehow people couldn't buy and sell it online. That is the only way that it would die.
Bitcoin will remain alive if it had been developed and was always able to follow the development of the era. That would make bitcoin safe from time to time. Bitcoin will die if people do not use it anymore and left behind by the times. But I believe bitcoin will continue to grow.

I don't think that people will stop using bitcoin as it is allowing to make profits, and till it continues to do more and more people will invest their money into it.
of course people will not stop using it, its the best currency invented so theres no need to stop using it

i think bitcoin will live forever and it will change all the fiat pretty soon, lets hope this will happen
Pages:
Jump to: