Pages:
Author

Topic: How much do you invest in an ICO? - page 3. (Read 2409 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 250
September 05, 2018, 06:38:06 PM
Invest in ICO requires a very precise time and choose ICO is nice and has great potential. We know that many are now a lot of ICO scam and of course it keeps everyone alert.  I myself tried to invest 5 Ethereum and when a token already entered on the list of the Exchange. I was immediately sold it and I just get a little advantage because the price of a token directly weakened.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
September 05, 2018, 06:30:29 PM
$300 will be a good start for ICO investment. It's also a safe price to invest because you will not lose that much if it goes bad and if it goes well, you can earn a decent amount of money. It also depends on the project, there are ICO's that has additional bonuses if you invest in big amounts.
That's right, only invest the amount that you can afford and never push yourself to give more. Many newly adopters thinking of easy and quick returns after they concur investment which is impossible to happen today, and they just keep on moaning if they just losing and never seen gains from it. Now, we should realize and accept things that isn't just like before.
Activity: 91
Merit: 0
September 05, 2018, 06:28:48 PM
I usually try to set aside 1 eth for each ICO, as I like to diversify my portfolio, if my investment goes well (the team is meeting the goals, the roadmap is being followed and everything is having success) I can invest more money, also try to participate in their bounties to help with marketing.
Activity: 392
Merit: 21
September 05, 2018, 06:26:40 PM
I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.

I personally divided $ 500 into 5 ICOs
Each ICO is almost $ 100
I will study the experiment and then decide
Will I continue to invest in ICOs or not?
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
September 05, 2018, 06:18:45 PM
$300 will be a good start for ICO investment. It's also a safe price to invest because you will not lose that much if it goes bad and if it goes well, you can earn a decent amount of money. It also depends on the project, there are ICO's that has additional bonuses if you invest in big amounts.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
September 05, 2018, 06:14:37 PM
My first investment related to the crypto currency was 3k dollars. If you are ready, you can do without investments, for example, to earn money in the company's bounty and then invest them

I always invest as much money as I don't afraid of losing, unfortunately I had a bad investment experience and now I choose projects very carefully
Activity: 117
Merit: 5
September 05, 2018, 05:10:27 PM
I have not really started to invest in ICOs, as I am still new to cryptos but with my knowledge about investments in general I think you shouldn't invest more than you are willing to lose.
Activity: 400
September 05, 2018, 05:08:22 PM
one time when i very newbie in the market i invested almost 50 ethereum is some scam like ico. but i get 2x after the ico phase over and token open in the etherdelta.

i didn't do that again.
Activity: 518
September 05, 2018, 05:04:28 PM
It all depends on the quality of projects in a particular month. There are so meager months that just scatter depot on all projects and waiting for the return of funds.
Activity: 504
Merit: 115
Silent Reader~
September 05, 2018, 02:10:06 PM
Not much, Bro. I only dare to invest with the small amount, around $ 100-$ 125 in total (because I am split the capital into some projects).
No matter how substantial the potency of the related project, I am only willing to spend money on the amount that I have mentioned above.
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
CAT.EX Exchange
September 05, 2018, 01:49:10 PM
I think it would be risky to invest too much. It is better to invest in amounts that will not upset the most reasonable. Should not exceed 100 USD
Activity: 108
September 05, 2018, 01:44:19 PM
This depends on how the project has full potential. I may decide to invest like $200 if the project is somehow strong with great potential.
Activity: 98
September 05, 2018, 04:10:55 AM
I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.

i invested max 5 btc til lowest maybe 100$
depends on hows the project
Activity: 584
September 05, 2018, 04:00:22 AM
I invested in the ICO about 20% of my Deposit, as a result, these 20% were able to make, on average, X6. This is subject to scams and projects traded lower prices ICO.
Activity: 512
Merit: 10
September 04, 2018, 05:14:23 PM
In projects I like after a deep research I am usually investing 5-6 ETH. With the price of ETH of $300 it is not so much, but I have not changed  my habit after the ETH price crashed from $1.3 to $300.
Activity: 89
September 04, 2018, 03:14:59 PM
It depends on what I have at that point, and how much I'm willing to risk for the project. These are the two basic things that determine how much I will invest in an ICO, whether so much, so little, or average, If the project is one that I really like, there is a great chance that I will put so much into it, especially if I have the funds at that point.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
First Islamic Crypto Exchange
September 01, 2018, 04:14:13 AM
basically up to 500 dollars as now there is no such popularity of ICO and it is possible to get on swindlers
Activity: 448
Merit: 21
August 31, 2018, 04:49:42 PM
Right now the time is not the best for going into ICO. But if there are good projects, then I invest in it. The amount I invest into ICO is not always fixed. It depends how good the project is. I usually invest a small amount from 100 to 200 dollars. It is true that I only invest money that I can afford to lose.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
ONe Social Network.
August 31, 2018, 04:38:07 PM
I am actually trying to stay away from investing on ICO projects for a couple of months, as it seems like a lot of projects have been dropping in value due to the general drop on the market lately, I still think it can be recovered though.
Activity: 77
August 31, 2018, 04:30:10 PM
I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO
Pages:
Jump to: